Mel Gibson

michelle said:
So Mel was suicidal? I had not heard that yet.

Gibson Suicidal?

HOLLYWOOD - Troubled actor Mel Gibson's arrest last Friday was the result of a "death wish," according to press reports.
Gibson was caught by police on suspicion of driving under the influence after speeding and reportedly crossing lanes in Malibu, California.

The star's publicist, Alan Nero, announced yesterday that Gibson had checked himself into rehab and "is fighting for his life."

A source close to the Oscar winner tells veteran L.A. Weekly reporter Nikki Finke that Gibson "was really on the verge of suicide because he felt he was helpless to alcohol and didn't know what to do about it. That's why he was driving around 90 miles an hour. This was a death wish.

"If that cop hadn't stopped him, this guy was going to be wrapped around a pole. This is such a bigger issue than 'Will he work again?'

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3538604

I read this somewhere as coming from some of the women at the party where Mel was.

I saw the pics of him with the women on tv (a party perhaps?) I was thinking he should have been home with his wife and all those kids of his. IMO

OKay DA charged him with :

1 count of driving under the influence(misdemeanor)
1 count of blood alcohol over .08(misdemeanor)
1. infraction open container(infraction)

It seems that driving under the influence and the BAC over .08 would be ONE charge. Afterall one has to be over .08 to be considered under the influence.

I hadn't heard anything about Mel being suicidal either.

Liz said:
It seems that driving under the influence and the BAC over .08 would be ONE charge. Afterall one has to be over .08 to be considered under the influence.

There were unsubstantiated stories right after this occurred. And I am sure that prosecutors are charging him with everything they can (prosecutors do have discretion), since kicking the crap out of him is en vogue these days.
wagon.jpg

rosario_c said:
I saw the pics of him with the women on tv (a party perhaps?) I was thinking he should have been home with his wife and all those kids of his. IMO
The way it's been reported, he stopped in for a drink, and was sitting alone and people kept engaging him- wanting their picture taken, etc. And he obliged.

Liz said:

It istypically 2 separate charges.

http://www.california-drunkdriving.org/laws.html

california_dui_laws.gif

California has two basic drunk driving laws, found in Vehicle Code sections 23152(a) and 23152(b):
  • 23152(a) It is a misdemeanor to drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
  • 23152(b) It is a misdemeanor to drive with .08% or more of alcohol in your blood.

IdahoMom said:
There were unsubstantiated stories right after this occurred. And I am sure that prosecutors are charging him with everything they can, since kicking the crap out of him is en vogue these days.
actually they only charged him with 2 counts and one infraction. Those are typical DUI charges in CA.
he could have very easily gotten a resisting arrest charge or escape charge..but they opted not to.They reviewed the video and audio.
They also did not require bail and he was released that night OR. The officer even drove him to the impound yard to pick up his lexus.

JBean said:
It is 2 separate charges.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was just saying ....

ETA I noticed that you added the word "typically" to your post after I responded. lol!

JBean said:
actually they only charged him with 2 counts and one infraction. Those are typical DUI charges in CA.
he could have very easily gotten a resisting arrest charge or escape charge..but they opted not to.They reviewed the video and audio.
They also did not require bail and he was released that night OR. The officer even drove him to the impound yard to pick up his lexus.
Yep. Additionally, someone took it upon themselves to "leak" what he said.

Now, I want to see them do that with every DUI arrestee...I want to know what kind of crap these people say when they're being carted off....I am sure it's not pretty and I am sure they should be FLOGGED!!:crazy: I want all the juicy details splattered over every TV screen and every newspaper in the world. I want to see these people go down!!!!!
icon12.gif

RelishJars.jpg

JBean said:
It istypically 2 separate charges.

http://www.california-drunkdriving.org/laws.html

california_dui_laws.gif

California has two basic drunk driving laws, found in Vehicle Code sections 23152(a) and 23152(b):
  • 23152(a) It is a misdemeanor to drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
  • 23152(b) It is a misdemeanor to drive with .08% or more of alcohol in your blood.
You seem to know a lot about these JBean?? I didn't know there were two separate charges in a DUI.

IdahoMom said:
Yep. Additionally, someone took it upon themselves to "leak" what he said.

Now, I want to see them do that with every DUI arrestee...I want to know what kind of crap these people say when they're being carted off....I am sure it's not pretty and I am sure they should be FLOGGED!!:crazy: I want all the juicy details splattered over every TV screen and every newspaper in the world. I want to see these people go down!!!!!
icon12.gif
I think the "leaker" was rotten.
But Mel is famous and so with being famous comes intrusion and so it goes.
It's like Britney and her baby.
He's paid well to endure and that is the trade off they make. not saying it is right, just saying it is what it is.
They could print that stuff about me all day long, but no one would care and it wouldn't sell magazines.

JBean said:
I think the "leaker" was rotten.
But Mel is famous and so with being famous comes intrusion and so it goes.
It's like Britney and her baby.
He's paid well to endure and that is the trade off they make. not saying it is right, just saying it is what it is.
They could print that stuff about me all day long, but no one would care and it wouldn't sell magazines.
Yep....
It really is more fun to see the big ones fall than the little guy....

RelishJars.jpg

Buzzm1 said:
You seem to know a lot about these JBean?? I didn't know there were two separate charges in a DUI.
lol!Thankfully not from personal experience!
The internet is full of info! I am learning too.

Nancy Grace is covering this now, and she has ZERO tolerance. We all know how Nancy is....

JBean said:
lol!Thankfully not from personal experience!
The internet is full of info! I am learning too.
Sure it is......

I saw Officer Mee briefly on TV, and he said as soon as he is given the opportunity then he is going to sing like a bird, or something like that--no, wait, he said "My lips are never going to stop moving." He seemed almost gleeful at the possibility.

It even could be said, that he was chompin' at the bit.

What is the difference with being charged with a misdemeanor and not a DUI?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back