Mel Gibson

narlacat said:
Seems everyone just wants to see the famous person fall from grace.

True, Narlacat. But I think it's more to do with "everyone just wants to see the famous conservative person fall from grace".

IdahoMom said:
Hmmm...well, if he's the leaker, he's two-faced, and should be exposed as such....

From yesterday:

Some remarks by Officer Mee:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

The deputy who arrested Mel Gibson on suspicion of drunken driving said Monday that he feels bad for damage to the star's reputation but hopes Gibson thinks twice before drinking and getting behind the wheel.
James Mee, a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy, told The Associated Press that he considered it a routine arrest and didn't take seriously any comments that Gibson made.

..."I don't take pride in hurting Mr. Gibson," said Mee, a 17-year deputy who is Jewish. "What I had hoped out of this is that he would think twice before he gets behind the wheel of a car and was drinking. ... I don't want to ruin his career. I don't want to defame him in any way or hurt him."
Ig anyone finds a picture of Officer Mee, please post it. I want to make sure it is the same guy. If so, he is speaking out both sides of his mouth.

IdahoMom said:
http://www.cbs47.tv/news/news_commentary/story.aspx?content_id=F878440D-3D25-448C-B9F7-E878A455928B

snip

First…if I were held responsible for every stupid thing I ever said when I had had too much to drink…I'd be in trouble too.

Secondly, let's face it…Hollywood has been out to get Mel Gibson for a long time.
They didn't like him when he criticized the movie business.

They didn't like him when he made The Passion himself after no movie company would touch it.

They didn't like him when The Passion was a huge box office success.

And they have never liked anyone who is politically incorrect. And Mel Gibson is that.

But the mistake Mel Gibson made was to drive drunk. And that's what he should be judged on and held accountable for. Not what crazy, thoughtless things he might have said when he was intoxicated.

Stupid words may hurt…but drunk driving can kill....
For me,the reality is I am mostly bothered about the drunk driving. What Mel Gibson thinks of jews or womens breasts doesn't influence me anymore than what the bum on the corner thinks. he has the right to think whatever he wants. Assuming what he said was how he feels, because I really have no idea,there are no laws against thinking ill of others.
If he feels compelled to spout it out then he has to take what comes with it. Mel knows that to be true. Then, in turn, we have the right to think whatever we want of him and so it goes.
But I am a mother against drunk driving and I am sure he will pay the same price as any other drunk driver in my community. We just had another drunk driving death and it's just so needless. .

Buzzm1 said:
Ig anyone finds a picture of Officer Mee, please post it. I want to make sure it is the same guy. If so, he is speaking out both sides of his mouth.
well now I don't feeel so dumb. I thought I read that he liked mel,. which was why I thought he may defend his actions.

JBean said:
For me,the reality is I am mostly bothered about the drunk driving. What Mel Gibson thinks of jews or womens breasts doesn't influence me anymore than what the bum on the corner thinks. he has the right to think whatever he wants. Assuming what he said was how he feels, because I really have no idea,there are no laws against thinking ill of others.
If he feels compelled to spout it out then he has to take what comes with it. Mel knows that to be true. Then, in turn, we have the right to think whatever we want of him and so it goes.
But I am a mother against drunk driving and I am sure he will pay the same price as any other drunk driver in my community. We just had another drunk driving death and it's just so needless. .
I totally agree with you JBean, I mean I dont care what he thinks of some but I do care when he is drinking and driving. I hate that more then anything, so stupid to do.:snooty:

GonzoReiter said:
Hopefully, the hullaballoo about ole Mel won't last as long as his "death" scene in "Braveheart. I see no reason why he shouldn't be ridiculed to the maximum, just for the actions for which he's been charged and he's not denied. It should be apparent to all by now the man has serious personal issues, ...the damage control campaign for his public persona aside.

Of course he deserves some measure of empathy...once he has earned it as a human being and not because of his celebrity.

Regardless of how it might hurt his wife or 7 children . Yes a terrible human being that has been married to one woman in Hollywood, raised children that are not making headlines as trouble makers or spoiled Hollywood brats. Yes this man deserves no recognition for deserving anything as a human being. A life time of achievement deserves nothing in the face of one night of drunken idiocy.
Off with his head!!!

JBean said:
I agree 100% about drunk driving! Too many innocent lives are lost or changed forever because of those who choose to drink and drive. Mel had numerous offers for rides home that night. He should have taken one!

tybee204 said:
Regardless of how it might hurt his wife or 7 children . Yes a terrible human being that has been married to one woman in Hollywood, raised children that are not making headlines as trouble makers or spoiled Hollywood brats. Yes this man deserves no recognition for deserving anything as a human being. A life time of achievement deserves nothing in the face of one night of drunken idiocy.
Off with his head!!!
hahaha
Yes off with his head!!
His comments have pissed people off more than his foolish act of drink driving, where he could have killed someone.

IdahoMom said:
I agree 100% about drunk driving! Too many innocent lives are lost or changed forever because of those who choose to drink and drive. Mel had numerous offers for rides home that night. He should have taken one!
What a bloody idiot, betcha he wishes he did now.

I know one thing is for sure, he looked like he was having a good time that night and so did the ladies. Nancy Grace was showing a bunch of pics.

IdahoMom said:
I agree 100% about drunk driving!
If one says something controversial, then one's gotta take what comes with it.
Remember during Laci, when someone would come in and say something so ridiculous , like Laci deserved it,and then they couldn't figure out why they were attacked or no one would 'discuss" it? They should have known when they said it that it was not going to be received well and that is exactly where Mel is. He said something bad and has to take some flack for it. With that being said, i couldn't care less what Mel thinks of anyone!
I love mel the actor, I have no idea about Mel the person. Hopefully he has a good heart, made a big mistake and will do his best to make it right. But I think this is where you may have your beef..the question is..will people LET him make it right?

JBean said:
Hopefully he has a good heart, made a big mistake and will do his best to make it right. But I think this is where you may have your beef..the question is..will people LET him make it right?
That's it!!! Thank you!

JBean said:
the question is..will people LET him make it right?
JBean, I dont think many will. That is just my opinion, doesnt mean anything though. When it comes to things like this I dont think people are that forgiving. The sad thing is people would forgive the drinking and driving before they would the comments. The comments would not kill anyone but the driving drunk would. Go figure.:waitasec:

narlacat said:
What a bloody idiot, betcha he wishes he did now.

i'm sure he does...i really hate it for him, but at the same time, he's a big boy, & he knows that anything celebrities do/say in public, especially the 'bad' things, will eventually come back & kick ya in the azzz...he's been in the business long enough to know that....

People concentrate so much looking for evil they miss the good. But evil is always much more titilating.

IdahoMom said:

This is what I don't understand about these Stars - they can afford to take limos everywhere. If Mel was worried about leaving his car he could have taken a cab and had his car towed home. How stupid - he gets in the Lexus after drinking, and speeds with a bottle of tequila.

They are saying on MSNBC right now that Mel kept talking about how his wife Robin (?) was and is such a saint, then he when arrested the first thing he said was how screwed up his life was. He used another choice word there, lol. I think he was definatly having some issues, maybe him and his wife had a fight??

tybee204 said:
People concentrate so much looking for evil they miss the good. But evil is always much more titilating.
Likewise, people often focus on what they don't have, as opposed to what they DO have. It is a very frustrating part of human nature to me and I have little patience for it.

michelle said:
JBean, I dont think many will. That is just my opinion, doesnt mean anything though. When it comes to things like this I dont think people are that forgiving. The sad thing is people would forgive the drinking and driving before they would the comments. The comments would not kill anyone but the driving drunk would. Go figure.:waitasec:

i think over time this will all die down, & there will be some other celebrity doing/saying something stupid, for folks to talk about.....

i've always liked Mel Gibson, but i have to be honest...i don't think i'll ever 'look at him' the same way as before....

close_enough said:
i think over time this will all die down, & there will be some other celebrity doing/saying something stupid, for folks to talk about.....

i've always liked Mel Gibson, but i have to be honest...i don't think i'll ever 'look at him' the same way as before....
I have always liked him too. I really liked The Passion of the Christ as well. I dont know how I feel now other then I hope he gets some help.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow
Back