Meredith Kercher murdered in Perugia, Amanda Knox convicted #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how Rudy is believed when his story has the scenario at AK and RS being involved, and yet Rudy is not believed when the story changes to where AK and RS are not involved.
How is exactly Rudy believed either way?

Thanks Tizzle! I knew I wasn't just making all that up in my crazy little mind! :)

Have you ever been so intimidated that you couldn't remember anything. I sure have, I couldn't remember the road I lived on. I can't imagine being ask question if my roommate was just murdered. I bet I would be confused and get things wrong the first time around.
I've always found it weird for the three of them to hang out and do this. I would love to see raf reasonings of why he is in jail.

Better not get your hopes up. I doubt Rudy has any intention of testifying. In fact his lawyer is denying Rudy told his roommate in prison anything of the sort.

Him being a convicted child killer, lying over and over, and trying to get attention after his appeal has been denied doesn't really make him a valuable witness for anyone imo. But I do see where this is a straw the defense teams want to grasp... although tiny and not very likely to help.

Short of a conspiricy involving the entire Perugian law enforcement community, I can't see how Amanda and Raffaele can be completely innocent, yet I can't imaagine a senerio that would explain their involvement. I find it a baffling mystery. The jury report seems totally opposed to Magini's theory of the crime. Neither make much sense to me.

Although Rudy's "evolving" story is interesting and it is certainly possible that he might, at some point, tell the truth, we must bare in mind that Rudy's only hope of getting out is for Amanda and Raffaele to get off first.

Kemo, I totally understand the confusion about this case. I was right there with you a few months ago -- I didn't read anything about the case, and assumed that AK must be guilty. It didn't make any sense that they would be trying her without a very good case against her.

Last fall, I happened to read a story about the case -- and was amazed at the vitriol towards AK in the comment section. I started looking around about the case, and was struck by how illogical the case against AK and RS was.

I have come to the conclusion that the Perugia police isn't deliberately going after an innocent person -- it's just that AK was their first suspect, and they never really stopped believing she was involved.

PL became a suspect because they found a hair that they thought was from a person of African heritage (I think they later decided it might be MK's), knew it couldn't be from AK or RS, so they found a suspect that would 1. fit the evidence, 2. was connected to AK.

After PL's alibi was proved solid, and they determined that RG left a lot of evidence that he was at the crime scene, they should have rethought their entire case. However, they had already been trumpeting how solid their case was against AK and RS -- and didn't want to admit they were wrong.

March 9, 2010 11:17 AM
Jailhouse Confession Rocks Amanda Knox Murder Case

>>snipped<<
Alessi says there are three other prisoners who heard Guede's statements. Sources close to the case tell CBS News that since Alessi came forward, those three prisoners have been quietly moved out of Viterbo and scattered to other prisons throughout Italy.

Italian media is reporting that Alessi also told his Guede claims to both a priest and a nun who frequently visit the Viterbo prison.

CBS News has learned that while Guede was in jail in Perugia in 2007 and 2008, he told his Ivory Coast birth-father that he was with an unidentified male at the crime scene. He refused to name that person. That conversation was recorded and is part of Guede's Perugia case file.

Still, Mario Alessi has a serious credibility problem. Back in 2006, when he was first questioned by police about the murdered toddler, Alessi went on Italian television and avowed his innocence saying, "You shall not touch children!"

A month later, Alessi was leading police to the shallow, riverside grave where he had buried Tommaso Onofri.

But does Alessi's credibility matter at this stage in the Knox case? Maybe not.

Amanda Knox's defense team in Italy rarely engages the Italian media, preferring to make their case in court. But Raffaele Sollecito's lawyer, Giulia Bongiorno, who holds a seat in the Italian Parliament, is a politician. When Bongiorno released the Alessi tape, it was a stunning political move.

At the beginning of last week, the court that convicted Knox and Sollecito released a nearly 500-page document describing the verdict and Italy was abuzz with the "motivations" for the crime.

But by week's end, the conversation had turned 180 degrees - a cry from the blue claiming Knox and Sollecito were wrongfully convicted.

It was a brilliant piece of media and political theater.

Unlike in the United States, sitting jurors in Italy are free to watch or read anything they want about the cases they are deciding. By the end of this year, both Knox and Sollecito will face another six jurors when their appeals are heard.

It was very shrewd of Giulia Bongiorno to plant early seeds of doubt in the minds of potential, future jurors in Perugia, even if that "seed" was convicted child killer Mario Alessi.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20000174-504083.html

Short of a conspiricy involving the entire Perugian law enforcement community, I can't see how Amanda and Raffaele can be completely innocent, yet I can't imaagine a senerio that would explain their involvement. I find it a baffling mystery. The jury report seems totally opposed to Magini's theory of the crime. Neither make much sense to me.

Although Rudy's "evolving" story is interesting and it is certainly possible that he might, at some point, tell the truth, we must bare in mind that Rudy's only hope of getting out is for Amanda and Raffaele to get off first.

Amanda and Rafaele getting off will not help Rudy in ANY way. His dna is everywhere. He was there. Amanda and Raf's verdicts have nothing to do with him. He was undeniably there.

Kemo, I totally understand the confusion about this case. I was right there with you a few months ago -- I didn't read anything about the case, and assumed that AK must be guilty. It didn't make any sense that they would be trying her without a very good case against her.

Last fall, I happened to read a story about the case -- and was amazed at the vitriol towards AK in the comment section. I started looking around about the case, and was struck by how illogical the case against AK and RS was.

I have come to the conclusion that the Perugia police isn't deliberately going after an innocent person -- it's just that AK was their first suspect, and they never really stopped believing she was involved.

PL became a suspect because they found a hair that they thought was from a person of African heritage (I think they later decided it might be MK's), knew it couldn't be from AK or RS, so they found a suspect that would 1. fit the evidence, 2. was connected to AK.

After PL's alibi was proved solid, and they determined that RG left a lot of evidence that he was at the crime scene, they should have rethought their entire case. However, they had already been trumpeting how solid their case was against AK and RS -- and didn't want to admit they were wrong.

What is illogical about their being there that night... but can't remember what they did :waitasec: ? That is the illogical part imo.

Of course they didn't deliberately go after an innocent person (except PL as he was named by Amanda as the murderer), AK put herself at the crime scene more than once and continued to lie in emails home a few days later saying once again that she had stayed at RS's all night. When this alibi was proved false... she suddenly can't remember exactly what she did that night because of all the pot smoking :rolleyes:

PL became a suspect because AK NAMED him as the killer both in an interview as a witness, later as a suspect, and then once again in her 'gift' to prosecutors. Yes, he was connected to AK, she put herself at the crime scene then accused him of 'wanting MK' and the murder itself. What better evidence than an eye witness naming another suspect as the murderer???

They didn't need to rethink the case, AK (with help from RS and RG) handed it to them on a silver platter with the lies, misinformation, and evidence left.
How is it that one can see innocence for AK and RS when they lied about there whereabouts and actions that night? No need for an innocent person(s) to lie over and over again, much less place their self at the crime scene when the murder happened. While the prosecution's motive for the crime might have been 'wrong' the evidence and lies proved that they had a solid idea who was involved.

Amanda and Rafaele getting off will not help Rudy in ANY way. His dna is everywhere. He was there. Amanda and Raf's verdicts have nothing to do with him. He was undeniably there.

My point is that as long as Amanda and Rafaele stand convicted, Rudy is going to be linked to the crime. It would be very difficult for him to make any convincing case that "they" did while he is innocent since there is more forensic evidence linking him to the case. If the courts were to rule that Amanda and Raffaele were innocent and otherwise not there at the crime scene, it gives Rudy a clean slate. It gives him a chance to re-open his original defense; that some "unknown" Italian did while he was in the can.

It my belief that Rudy and Meredith got into a "scene" that involved Rape, or something very close to it. For some unfathomable reason, Amanda and Raffaele got into the act.

The ONE big issue that all of the "Amandaistas" are going to have to explain is the knife of Raffaele with Meredith's dna on it.

The ONE big issue that all of the "Amandaistas" are going to have to explain is the knife of Raffaele with Meredith's dna on it.

To me, the "knife" doesn't make logical sense as being evidence of the crime. If I remember correctly, there are four pieces of evidence at the murder scene as relate to the murder weapon (or weapons). There are three wounds to Meredith's neck -- two made by stabbing, and one made by more of a slicing motion. There was also an imprint of a knife in blood.

The two stabbing wounds and the imprint both point fairly difinitively towards a knife that is about 3" in length -- most certainly not the 6" kitchen knife said to be the murder weapon.

The slicing wound is less certain, because it is possible for a number of knives to have made that wound. It would need to be at least 3" -- the depth of the wound -- and have the right kind of edge (not a serrated edge knife, for example.) The kitchen knife is compatible with this wound in the same way a great number of knives would.

The most logical conclusion is that all three wounds and the imprint were made by the same knife. There just doesn't seem to be a reason for testing the knife in the first place -- except that the police were looking for a piece of evidence that could link RS and AK to the crime.

The DNA on the knife is controversial, to say the least. It tested negative for blood, and tested negative during regular DNA tests. LCN dna is not accepted in most countries -- as it has such a great chance of contamination. This link explains it better than I could.

On another note, it is refreshing to find a place where evidence can be discussed without falllng into a name calling match! I really hate the vitriol displayed so much all over the web about this case. :)

Even if the knife is 'throw out' as evidence:
They were still at the crime scene that night.
They tried to cover up (clean away) evidence.
They both told multiple LIES regarding what they were doing and where.
There was an obvious staged break in. Who would have felt the need for doing this?
AK accused an innocent man of the murder, while she was present at the time in the cottage.
RS's footprint on the bathroom mat and AK's dna mixed with MK's in several places shows they were indeed involved.

Although the knife evidence is important, it is not the 'smoking gun' it seems in this case. The judges/jurors found that the evidence was solid with no gaps.

LCN DNA is acceptable in Italy, and that is all that matters. There are "issues" with it that make it easier for a defense attorney to undermine it and they definitly had there chance. It seemed pretty solid in this case.

The supporting evidence, that backs up the legitimacy of the LCN DNA in this case is Raffaele's reaction when it was found that Meredith's DNA was on the knife: he made up a story that he had accidentally cut her while she was at his flat. That is a clear admission that her dna "could" have been there. This is the "equivilent" of the old police "trick" where the detective tell the suspect "we found your fingerprint at the scene of the crime". If the suspect was really at the crime scene, he must come up with a story, on the fly, to "explain" the fingerprint. If the "story" can be shot down; he is nailed.

Him being a convicted child killer, lying over and over, and trying to get attention after his appeal has been denied doesn't really make him a valuable witness for anyone imo. But I do see where this is a straw the defense teams want to grasp... although tiny and not very likely to help.

Yep, I would think the guy who claimed Rudy told him AK and RS were not there has just a little bit of credibility issue-putting it mildly.
Combine that with Rudy and Rudy's credibility and what do you get?
A whole lot of nonsense, IMO.

Thursday, March 11, 2010
Last updated 4:31 p.m. PT

Co-defendant denies saying Knox is innocent

Over the weekend, one of Guede's prison cellmates, Mario Alessi, claimed that Guede had told him that Knox and Sollecito weren't at the scene the night of the murder and had nothing to do with Kercher's death.

Alessi made the stunning revelation in a formal videotaped statement that has been submitted to the prosecutor's office in Perugia.

In his statement, Guede's cellmate claims that Guede told him there was another man with him at Kercher's home on the night of the murder, but it was not Knox or her ex-boyfriend, Sollecito.

According to the cellmate, Guede said the other man killed Kercher while Guede was in another room of the house.

But in his own letter to the media, Guede called Alessi a "sick mind" and said he had never confided anything to him.

Guede's lawyer, Nicodemo Gentile, confirmed the contents of the letter when reached Thursday by The Associated Press.

He stressed that Guede, in referring to Knox and Sollecito's alleged involvement, was merely citing what the Perugia court had determined in convicting them.

Knox is serving a 26-year sentence for Kercher's murder. Sollecito is serving a 25-year sentence, and Guede was sentenced to 16 years following an appeal.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/416523_knox11.html

March 11, 2010 1:35 PM
Amanda Knox Update: Rudy Guede Denies Clearing Amanda Knox of Murder, Claims He's Innocent

The full text of the letter is translated below:

Viterbo 07/03/2010

As usual in this beloved country of ours, there are many false people, devoted to lying. As there are people who give voice to them without consciously asking themselves whether it is worth giving space to such insinuations.

In these last few days I have heard nothing but blasphemous insinuations against me, false rumors, which have done nothing but be reported here and there on television channels even if for those of good sense, they were nothing but the pure invention of a wicked mind. It must be said that what I heard reported by means of the media regarding what was falsely declared by that filthy being called Alessi Mario, whose conscience is nothing but stinky garbage, are only inventions by a sick and contorted mind: fantastic and false declarations by an ogre, which as is known to the whole of Italy, is stained by a dreadful killing in which he took the life of a small human angel.

Lying, he is now saying things that I have never said to him, things that are not true in heaven or earth. To his putrified statements, it is my intention to put in writing, that I have never confided in this filthy being, as I have also nothing to confess or say and that everything I had to say I already told the judges and will continue to do so for as long as I'm alive to scream and fight and until truth and justice will prevail regarding these lies. I also did not speak on my own or with others to other detainees about matters regarding my trial and if I had had something to say, do you not think I would have spoken to my lawyers?

To use or give credit to that which is a blasphemous statement by a sick mind by an ogre that had no pity towards a child.

With this latest show in which myself, my lawyers and my relatives are now used to (...), this latest ogre Alessi. And I hope that Italians and the rest of the world realize what pigs they are having to deal with, pigs who smell of false slime but which despite all this go around showing their face and suffocate people with their stench of falsity. This latest show does nothing else but give me the strength and awareness to fight more than ever to make sure that the truth that they intend to hide is before everyone's eyes.

As far as I am concerned, in the full serenity and tranquility of my soul of he who is right and does not pretend to show unjustified suffering, but precisely because he is in the right, I trust in Justice and in the good sense of Italians and finally I hope that sooner or later judges will realize my total non involvement in what was the dreadful murder of the splendid and marvelous girl Meredith, by Raffaele Sollecito and Amanda Knox.

Guede Rudy

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20000287-504083.html

Ivorian to be grilled over new twist in Kercher murder

ROME &#8212; An Ivorian convicted in the 2007 murder of a British student in Italy stuck to his claim Thursday that American Amanda Knox and her Italian boyfriend were solely responsible for the crime.

In a letter sent to Italian media, Rudy Guede dismissed as "ramblings of a twisted mind" assertions by a fellow inmate that he had admitted that Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were innocent of the crime, and that Guede had pinned it on an unnamed friend.

The ANSA news agency reported that prosecutors in the case were to interview Guede in prison on Friday over the assertions by Mario Alessio, who is reviled in Italy as the killer of a toddler in 2006.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ifKc-w2BmMd_YoA_J0jgwzjN4GXA

For those of you who believe Amanda and Raffaele to be guilty:

I plead with you as websleuthers to go back and find EVIDENCE...not just what the Italian prosecutor presents to you as evidence and not what the media reported throughout the case, but hard evidence.

Is it that hard to believe that the prosecutors see that Amanda received a text from PL that night that said "See ya later", found an African American hair at the scene, and repeatedly told her over a 40 hour stay for interrogations that she was there and PL murdered Meredith before ANY forensics had come back and Amanda (who was NOT fluent in Italian at the time, was thousands of miles away from her family, had a murdered roommate and was being accused, was possibly being threatened or physically pushed around) convinced herself that this was true??? That they told her she just needed to admit it and she could leave and so she admitted what was not true??? It happens here in the United States all the time. It is thoroughly documented in psychology literature that this CAN and DOES happen. And it makes sense! That she would "accuse" PL makes sense! Who really accused him? The Italian police!

Amanda and Rafaele were at his house for the night as was testified to by a friend of Rafaele's who stopped by his house that evening, has text messages between herself and Raf right before the murder. Sure, this doesn't mean that they couldn't have left afterwards, but there IS evidence that they were where they said they were.

As for the mop...why did we never hear about the mop during trial? Because the mop was CLEAN! There was only water on the mop. No blood. No clean up with the mop!

No one cleaned up the place. There were bloody towels found at the crime scene where Rudy cleaned himself up. Luminol can pick up other chemicals besides blood and often does. The footprints shown in the luminol could have been made anytime. No blood DNA evidence was found in any footprint that was outside of Meredith's room that wasn't proven to be Rudy's footprint!

As for the DNA evidence, I mean where do I start? Granted, you have to know something about DNA to interpret this evidence, but here it is: look at the DNA evidence reports and DNA analysis charts...the amount of Rudy's DNA is off the charts, the amount of Meredith's DNA is off the charts, the amount of Amanda and Raf's DNA is miniscule! These are background amounts that could be found anywhere you swabbed in a shared space with someone. And, no DNA of Amanda or Raf was found anywhere in Meredith's bedroom.

The knife doesn't match the knife print in blood at the scene. And the amount found and amplified to limits way beyond what is allowable in the US could be one of hundreds of thousands of people's. There is a reason there is a limit to amplification. That limit is not chosen arbitrarily.

The bra strap is obviously contamination. You can move an object around on a floor of shared space for a month, then test it and make any sort of believable statement that the DNA on it must be from the crime. That is preposterous.

I used to think as well that certainly Amanda had something to do with this, but once I saw the actual evidence I believe they not only didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she is guilty, but I believe they proved beyond a reasonable doubt that she is INNOCENT.

I want to write so much more, but I just don't have time. I have been away from websleuths for a while as I am starting medical school (and have extensive training and knowledge of DNA), am the only income in my house right now, and have a learning disabled child so I just really haven't had the energy or been able to deal with the frustration of this case, but I wanted to write to urge anyone with doubts to find the actual documents, the real evidence of this case that is out there.

Rudy claims he is innocent and the only basis he has for that claim is that he is pointing fingers at Raf and Amanda. If they weren't there, he was there all alone. He has absolutely no interest in getting them off.

Anywho...I hope I plead my case well. I have been a member here for almost 9 years now and never have I been more convinced of a person's innocence than I am with Amanda and Raf. This is a travesty.

j

The problem is: Nobody here is 'touting' that message as important evidence.

The important evidence is imo:
The REPEATED lies told by the accused which has been documented/described here over and over. The 40+ hr interrogation point is a MYTH.
The destruction of their alibi. Both AK and RS lied about what they were doing that night. When confronted with this, BOTH changed their alibi!!! Why on earth would innocent people do this? NO WAY can RS's reaction to MK's dna being on the knife be seen as anything but a guilty one... he makes up a lie about MK eating dinner with him. OBVIOUSLY the knife and the possibility of her dna being on it was a legitimate concern for him (which is unexplainable from an innocent point of view). AK accuses PL of the murder saying SHE WAS AT THE CRIME SCENE AT THE TIME OF THE MURDER... not once but at least twice. When this false accusation plays out and PL is found completely not involved, she suddenly can not remember what she had done that night (because of pot smoking... come on)... not the 'I was at RS's all night' either (which she claimed first and in emails home later) because RS was no longer providing THAT alibi for her. Seems to be a tangled web she wove... which she then got herself tangled up in.

Investigators: Could nun and priest be key in Knox appeal?

This week, a new development is rocking the Italian press - an alleged jailhouse confession by Guede to another notorious killer, Mario Alessi.

Alessi is serving a life sentence for kidnapping and murdering a toddler. His formal taped statement was submitted to the court in Perugia. In it, Alessi says he met Guede in prison where Guede told him that Knox was not at the house the night Kercher was killed. Alessi says that Guede claims he was there, but another man slit Kercher&#8217;s throat and is still on the run.

Knox&#8217;s mother, Edda Mellas, told KING 5 News that Alessi&#8217;s not alone in claiming that Guede says Knox and Sollecito are innocent.

"I've heard two different reports now that there&#8217;s also a priest and a nun that had conversations, not confessions, conversations, where Rudy expressed the fact that he felt bad&#8230; that he was feeling some guilt about the fact that he had pointed the finger at these two (Amanda and Raffaele) when they were not there," Mellas said.

Via Web cam, KING 5 talked with a researcher who was in court throughout the long trial in Perugia and is closely watching the case. Giulia Alagna calls Guede&#8217;s alleged jailhouse confession "a huge bombshell."

"The news is again switching lights onto Amanda and Raffaele and especially the big question of whether they are innocent or guilty," Alagna said.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Inv...nd-Priest-be-Key-in-Knox-Appeal-87424102.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph