Mexico MEXICO - Annette Mizener, 37, 4 Dec 2004 - Missing on cruise

camracrazy said:
Annette's family was on the Montel show today. It was the first time I had heard of the case. I am glad they are getting some publicity for her.
I was wondering if anything was ever going to become of this case.
The camera covered clearly suggests foul play, at least to me and probably most anyone else with the least bit of a light bulb that turns on in their head every once in a while! :doh:

I pray for justice for Annette's family!

i wonder what was on that note....

and why would they target that poor lady?!

so sad.

I feel so horrible for that family. Could you imagine your loved one dissapearing like that? I am their neighboor, and he's put their house up for sale. It's been on the market for a while now. I wonder if he's moving closer to where this all happened. I hope for the best with them.

From the sounds of it, an overturned drink glass, blood droplets, broken purse.. sounds like perhaps she was drugged, her purse gone through, and then she was taken to cover it up.

Isn't it interesting that every time a person goes missing on one of these ships they have committed suicide :furious: It is only obvious that someone tried to grab this lady's purse. She must have hung on for dear life if it caused the beads to be torn off. And the camera being covered. Anyone with half a brain would get what that was all about.

The security working on the ship weren't worth the wages they were being paid. Anyone would know that you have to preserve the scene of a crime and that you don't pick up evidence with your bare hands.

Did the husband file a suit against the cruise lines? I hope he carried through with it. It is obvious that security didn't know what they were doing and that they had an "we don't give a rip" attitude.

How sad for this whole family to lose their loved one in such a horrible way. If that ship had stopped when they realized that she was missing they just may have found her. Probably not but the family deserved a search of the water to take place right away.....not hours later.

My daughter and I went on a cruise on Carnival years ago. One thing that I noticed.....most everyone that works on the cruise line is foreign and they don't speak good english. Maybe the big wigs are white and speak english but their crew are all foreign and speak different languages. Kind of hard to communicate when you can't understand what they are saying.

mizener_annette.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mizener_annette.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: December 4, 2004 from Mexico
Classification: Lost/Injured Missing
Date of Birth: July 18, 1967
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair.

Details of Disappearance

Mizener resided in Waukesha, Wisconsin in 2004. In December 2004, she was on a week-long vacation with her parents and teenage daughter on the Carnival Cruise Lines cruise ship Carnival Pride. A photograph of the ship is posted below this case summay. Mizener was last seen at 9:15 p.m. on December 4, while the ship was 30 miles off the coast of Ensenada, Mexico, 120 miles south of San Diego, California. The ship was bound for Long Beach, California and was scheduled to arrive the following day.

The search for Mizener began at 10:00 p.m. There was no sign of her aboard the ship, although her purse was found next to a three-foot railing on one of the lower decks at 11:00 p.m. Mizener's loved ones stated she would have avoided that deck, as it was a smoking deck. The passenger who found the purse stated that a nearby security camera had been covered up.

Authorities believe Mizener fell or was pushed overboard, but there were no witnesses to the incident. It is not thought that she committed suicide; although she filed for bankruptcy shortly before her disappearance, her loved ones stated she was not depressed. An extensive search of the ocean turned up no clues as to Mizener's whereabouts.

Mizener was declared legally dead in July 2005. She has a daughter and a son and adopted two additional children shortly before her disappearance. She got a bachelor's degree in marketing from Upper Iowa University and she and her husband ran a business together, Ideal Health and Bio-Essentials, which sold dietary supplements. Mizener's case remains unsolved. Her family believes foul play was involved in her disappearance. In November 2005, her husband sued Carnival Cruise Lines for over $15,000 in damages.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Los Angeles, California Office
310-477-6565

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads