Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.weibo.com/jennycqd?is_all=1#1505476965478

Feb 5th was Jenny Chen's birthday. On her weibo there is an automatic system update alerting her followers of her birthday. Some new comments appeared under this post.

One of the commenters was a close friend of hers. She has left three messages. On Feb 5th, she wrote that she thought that Jenny was back but only to find that this post was a system update. She said they grew up together and were very close, but she was sad that Jenny didn't even tell her where she was going. They had made a promise to go to North Pole together in 2019.

On June 20th, she wrote that she was leaving Europe in 6 months. She said Jenny meant to come visit her in Europe but it never happened. She planned to go to the States and visit Seattle.

On July 4th, she posted again saying the she has returned to Wenzhou (Jenny's hometown) and couldn't stop reminiscing the time when they went swimming in the summers.

If this person is really a close childhood friend of Jenny's, who also happened to reside in Europe, she seemed to be a perfect point of contact for Jenny to reach out to IMO. She could have laid low in Europe for a while and started a new life. If her motive was to get away from JR, it's not risky to contact her close friend who probably has never even met JR. But the fact that Jenny is completely off the radar doesn't sound good to me.

Feb 5th was Jenny Chen's birthday. On her weibo there is an automatic system update alerting her followers of her birthday. Some new comments appeared under this post.

One of the commenters was a close friend of hers. She has left three messages. On Feb 5th, she wrote that she thought that Jenny was back but only to find that this post was a system update. She said they grew up together and were very close, but she was sad that Jenny didn't even tell her where she was going. They had made a promise to go to North Pole together in 2019.

On June 20th, she wrote that she was leaving Europe in 6 months. She said Jenny meant to come visit her in Europe but it never happened. She planned to go to the States and visit Seattle.

On July 4th, she posted again saying the she has returned to Wenzhou (Jenny's hometown) and couldn't stop reminiscing the time when they went swimming in the summers.

If this person is really a close childhood friend of Jenny's, who also happened to reside in Europe, she seemed to be a perfect point of contact for Jenny to reach out to IMO. She could have laid low in Europe for a while and started a new life. If her motive was to get away from JR, it's not risky to contact her close friend who probably has never even met JR. But the fact that Jenny is completely off the radar doesn't sound good to me.

Her poor friend. How sad. :( Even though I think it's possible that Jenny planned to leave JR, I think something happened to her. To go silent and without contact with family and close friends is not a good sign at all.

You raise good points. And after all this time, why would she still be hiding? JR can't force her to come back. I guess it would be an overstayed visa but that's an issue whether she's hiding or not.

This made me go back through her Weibo and remember things. She was so smart. Reckless but nowhere near dumb. She had the spirit to want to hike all over Mexico for years but it seems doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southlanecherry, I'm thinking she goes by "Jenny". Here's one of her entries on her weibo where she references her name:
-----------------
jennycqd
2016-3-24 13:49 来自 iPhone
This is the chair to wait for bus . Also I can shake the chair. It's very fun. I shake it very hard when they are on top of the chair. Mexican friends were screaming and begging me " Jenny , Jenny please stop shaking. Mexican product is not so safe". ​​​​

-----------------

Sad to see entries of hers like this where she is smiling and being carefree, and then think what may have befallen her since.

Lilibet, it's a good guess JR and Jenny argued about the car accident and that that was the topic of her email to him, but we can't be sure from Jenny's writings. I thought it was odd she wrote an email to him instead of talking, but I recall you proposed that perhaps she was writing as it was the calmer way to respond to him. I can't find our discussion on the threads either, but that's what I remember. Here's what she wrote:
---------------
Day19
2016年1月18日 12:08 阅读 141
1) I am grateful I have healthy eyes.
2) I am grateful I am safe. Tonight happened car accident while I weren't wear seat belt.
3) I have less anger.

Exercise: 30 min yoga
Meditation: 10 min
Kindness : Be nice and calm to Jon even he made made bad decision.

----------------
Day 20
2016年1月19日 13:23 阅读 141
1) I am glad I found my reading glasses back from restaurant.
2) My brain struggled with some conceptions today. I am happy with struggling. That means I exercised my brain.
3) I chosen to be quiet when I was emotional.

Kindness: Wrote a relatively rational email to Jon to explain why I was not responsive and only if in what condition we could have a conversation.

-------------

southlanecherry, I'm thinking she goes by "Jenny". Here's one of her entries on her weibo where she references her name:
-----------------
jennycqd
2016-3-24 13:49 来自 iPhone
This is the chair to wait for bus . Also I can shake the chair. It's very fun. I shake it very hard when they are on top of the chair. Mexican friends were screaming and begging me " Jenny , Jenny please stop shaking. Mexican product is not so safe". ​​​​

-----------------

Sad to see entries of hers like this where she is smiling and being carefree, and then think what may have befallen her since.

Lilibet, it's a good guess JR and Jenny argued about the car accident and that that was the topic of her email to him, but we can't be sure from Jenny's writings. I thought it was odd she wrote an email to him instead of talking, but I recall you proposed that perhaps she was writing as it was the calmer way to respond to him. I can't find our discussion on the threads either, but that's what I remember. Here's what she wrote:
---------------
Day19
2016年1月18日 12:08 阅读 141
1) I am grateful I have healthy eyes.
2) I am grateful I am safe. Tonight happened car accident while I weren't wear seat belt.
3) I have less anger.

Kindness : Be nice and calm to Jon even he made made bad decision.

----------------
Day 20
2016年1月19日 13:23 阅读 141
1) I am glad I found my reading glasses back from restaurant.
2) My brain struggled with some conceptions today. I am happy with struggling. That means I exercised my brain.
3) I chosen to be quiet when I was emotional.

Kindness: Wrote a relatively rational email to Jon to explain why I was not responsive and only if in what condition we could have a conversation.

-------------

Yes, I was making a guess that the problem might have to do with the auto accident, but it could be anything. I ran across the discussion recently. I remember someone wondering if they were separated because she sent him an email. Was that you? I said that she may have just wanted to make her point without interruption and an argument. Actually, not being interrupted and shot down might have been the condition she set for having a conversation. Again, just guessing.

My recalling what she wrote was triggered by someone saying that she decided to take her trip three weeks before she left (no link handy). It made me wonder if they weren't able to resolve whatever their issue was and she decided she needed to put distance between them. Not giving him her phone number says a lot to me. Meeting for a few days in Cancun might have been a concession she made to him. More guesses, but this is why her posts quoted above came back to mind. It's all so sad. :(

Yes, I was making a guess that the problem might have to do with the auto accident, but it could be anything. I ran across the discussion recently. I remember someone wondering if they were separated because she sent him an email. Was that you? I said that she may have just wanted to make her point without interruption and an argument. Actually, not being interrupted and shot down might have been the condition she set for having a conversation. Again, just guessing.

My recalling what she wrote was triggered by someone saying that she decided to take her trip three weeks before she left (no link handy). It made me wonder if they weren't able to resolve whatever their issue was and she decided she needed to put distance between them. Not giving him her phone number says a lot to me. Meeting for a few days in Cancun might have been a concession she made to him. More guesses, but this is why her posts quoted above came back to mind. It's all so sad. :(

BBM
Yes, that was me. I did wonder if they lived apart.

While I would love to think that Jenny has chosen to go off the grid, possibly with a new love interest she met in Mexico, I really don't think so. I think the truth lies somewhere between crossing the "shopkeeper", the driver that was to show up in a few hours and take Jenny to Cancun at no cost to Jenny, and a beer truck driver.

An angry shopkeeper could have a vendetta and arrange a terrible fate, yet spin it to appear wholly innocent by coming forward with some true and some false information. That free ride the shopkeeper arranged seemed so hinky when we first heard about it, and really had me thinking about labor-slavery. Or maybe that driver never existed, and the shopkeeper made it up, and also made up the whole Corona scenario. A beer truck driver with many routes and connections could have a similar agenda if they got gypped by Jenny. Maybe the shopkeeper and beer truck drivers do this kind of thing all the time as a team. So many possible scenarios...

The fact that Jenny has contacted no one at all leads me to believe it's because she can't, not because she won't. Not because hiding in Mexico isn't possible, but because it isn't probable.

I wonder if there's a way to find out if she's contacted her family but not alert JR to it, explaining why they've gone silent on the whole thing. You know, like a free PI in China.

Thanks, Lilibet, for the latest update. Let's see if JR posts the locations for us to see.

I was looking at the photos on the HFJ page, and noted something. I was curious what was written on that large red and white banner they were holding about Jenny's disappearance as they marched the streets of Mexico recently in May 2017 for that "International Caravan of Life". It's in Spanish, so I put it through Google Translate:

On the banner:
"Se suponia que Jenny salio de la ciudad de Oaxaca el 11 de abril.
Ella planeaba reunirse con su esposo Jonathan en Cancun, Mx. el 15 de abril, pero
no llego. Su localizacion exacta cuando ella desaparecio se desconoce, ella fue
vista por ultima vez la manana del 11 de abril en la ciudad de Oaxaca y se supone
que tomo la autopista 190 este, adelante de Tehuantepec. Se desconoce si algo
le paso en la ciudad o en la autopista."

Google Translate:
"Jenny was supposed to leave the city of Oaxaca on April 11.
She planned to meet her husband Jonathan in Cancun Mx. on 15 April, but
I did not arrive. Her exact location when she disappeared is unknown, she was
last seen the morning of April 11 in the city of Oaxaca and is supposed to
which took Highway 190 east, ahead of Tehuantepec. It is unknown if anything
I spent in the city or on the highway."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1220308288091417&set=gm.820617161446663&type=3&theater

It says nothing of Jenny being at Lagunas crossing, or getting into a Corona truck. Despite all the talk of how confident he was of his PI's work in finding out that Jenny was there and his harassment campaign of all things Corona, it seems like the banner is saying that she was last seen the morning of 4/11 with intent to head onto Hwy 190 towards Tehuantepec. Interesting?

Let's just say Jenny is alive in Mexico, with amnesia. Where is she staying? What is she eating? How does she get food? What does she wear? Does she know her name? Does she speak the language enough to survive?

If she's homeless in Mexico, would she travel very far from where she was spotted in February?

She named herself Jenny. Why that name? It's meaning, or because it sounded like a cute American name? What would she now rename herself?

In the not too distant past, Jennifer was considered the most common female name, statistically. Jennifer is a feminine given name, a Cornish form of Guinevere adopted into the English language during the 20th century. It can also mean "white enchantress" or "the fair one". What is the most common female name in Mexico?

Thanks, Lilibet, for the latest update. Let's see if JR posts the locations for us to see.

I was looking at the photos on the HFJ page, and noted something. I was curious what was written on that large red and white banner they were holding about Jenny's disappearance as they marched the streets of Mexico recently in May 2017 for that "International Caravan of Life". It's in Spanish, so I put it through Google Translate:

On the banner:
"Se suponia que Jenny salio de la ciudad de Oaxaca el 11 de abril.
Ella planeaba reunirse con su esposo Jonathan en Cancun, Mx. el 15 de abril, pero
no llego. Su localizacion exacta cuando ella desaparecio se desconoce, ella fue
vista por ultima vez la manana del 11 de abril en la ciudad de Oaxaca y se supone
que tomo la autopista 190 este, adelante de Tehuantepec. Se desconoce si algo
le paso en la ciudad o en la autopista."

Google Translate:
"Jenny was supposed to leave the city of Oaxaca on April 11.
She planned to meet her husband Jonathan in Cancun Mx. on 15 April, but
I did not arrive. Her exact location when she disappeared is unknown, she was
last seen the morning of April 11 in the city of Oaxaca and is supposed to
which took Highway 190 east, ahead of Tehuantepec. It is unknown if anything
I spent in the city or on the highway."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1220308288091417&set=gm.820617161446663&type=3&theater

It says nothing of Jenny being at Lagunas crossing, or getting into a Corona truck. Despite all the talk of how confident he was of his PI's work in finding out that Jenny was there and his harassment campaign of all things Corona, it seems like the banner is saying that she was last seen the morning of 4/11 with intent to head onto Hwy 190 towards Tehuantepec. Interesting?

VERY interesting, Slowpoke. Great find. It never occurred to me to translate the banner. But he just recently posted the name of the family Jenny allegedly stayed with, so it's very odd that he didn't include that part of her trip. I wonder if JR wrote what was on the banner.

What is the name of the stop the cement driver dropped Jenny off at?

Let's just say Jenny is alive in Mexico, with amnesia. Where is she staying? What is she eating? How does she get food? What does she wear? Does she know her name? Does she speak the language enough to survive?

If she's homeless in Mexico, would she travel very far from where she was spotted in February?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/amnesia/home/ovc-20347492
"Amnesia refers to the loss of memories, such as facts, information and experiences. Though forgetting your identity is a common plot device in movies and television, that's not generally the case in real-life amnesia. Instead, people with amnesia — also called amnestic syndrome — usually know who they are. But, they may have trouble learning new information and forming new memories."

If someone wanted to throw JR off, they might tell him such an amnesia tale.

I asked JR on the fb page who the 'we' was that was interviewing people about Jenny's sightings. I said ' who is we? Is local LE involved?' He deleted my question.

[bbm]

I haven't been following this thread closely and am wondering what his history is?

We don't. That's why I won't donate to people I don't know a lot about and/or have good reason to trust. JR has never given an accounting of whee he spent the money. Lots of G F M recipients don't but given his history there should be full disclosure. JMO

JR calls it Lagunas crossing. He had written in his press release:
"Early morning on April 12th 2016, Jenny arrived at Lagunas crossing from Oaxaca by hitching a ride with a cement mixer."

Lilibet's post #1215 has the entire press release. It was good to re-read to refresh my memory!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-2&p=12851575#post12851575

That is a good re-read. Lagunas Crossing is on highway 185 where a road heads toward the town of Lagunas. There is a Pemex gas station/truck stop there. If you keep going north, it takes you to the highway that goes to Cancun. Apparently this family who took her in had a shop/restaurant across the road from the Pemex.

I asked JR on the fb page who the 'we' was that was interviewing people about Jenny's sightings. I said ' who is we? Is local LE involved?' He deleted my question.

That was you?!! I thought it might be a post from one of "us." Why not just answer the question JR?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member