Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But since he has access to her Facebook page. He could have left up her pictures and simply set her page for no comments. But he chose to totally erase her page while leaving it up.

But. Lol. I guess he never had her weibo password since Jenny probably started hiding information from him. Idk

Exactly. There were other ways to handle this besides disappearing her posts. Not to mention the fact that he couldn't resist responding to the person who was maligning him, which was a waste of energy and gave her attention. JR is very thin-skinned and has a knack for making himself look bad IMO.

You're right. He probably didn't even know about her weibo account.

I am leaning towards J & J's relationship being abusive and the abuse exasperated her mental health issues. Ask anyone who has been in an abusive relationship with someone who is blind to their own abusive behaviors and refuses to acknowledge they have a problem- - those of us who have had more than we can handle would look at hitchhiking an unsafe country preferable to one more day with the abuser. I hope she is ok. I hope he can run across someone who is seeing his questionable behaviors and has a talk with him and he can see the light. I believe people like him wander around in their own little cloud of denial and never come around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I am leaning towards J & J's relationship being abusive and the abuse exasperated her mental health issues. Ask anyone who has been in an abusive relationship with someone who is blind to their own abusive behaviors and refuses to acknowledge they have a problem- - those of us who have had more than we can handle would look at hitchhiking an unsafe country preferable to one more day with the abuser. I hope she is ok. I hope he can run across someone who is seeing his questionable behaviors and has a talk with him and he can see the light. I believe people like him wander around in their own little cloud of denial and never come around
This. All of it. ^^^

Ah kin hear Bawbrah Strisin singin in ma head (mispronounced purposefully, say it wit me)
Mem'ries,
Light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? Could we?
Mem'ries, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...

BBM

Ha! I was typing while you posted. Thanks for digging up the exact quote about taxes.

I'm inclined to believe he would not share passport info that indicated that Jenny had "escaped."

RBBM

I must be in a really cynical mood or something today because I was thinking ...: So if JR already knew Jenny had "escaped" -for all we know, her parents may have contacted JR and informed him of her whereabouts- why wouldn't he say anything? Why would he keep the Help Find Jenny page up? Why would he start this new crusade "to get justice against those who traffic and enslave women!!" ("I will try to start a foundation to support this group in Mexico and grow it in the USA, maybe we can have our groups work together" followed by "I will be first focus on fundraising")?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/815442431964136/

Donation-funded/free trips to Mexico ... :silenced: ...??

RBBM

I must be in a really cynical mood or something today because I was thinking ...: So if JR already knew Jenny had "escaped" -for all we know, her parents may have contacted JR and informed him of her whereabouts- why wouldn't he say anything? Why would he keep the Help Find Jenny page up? Why would he start this new crusade "to get justice against those who traffic and enslave women!!" ("I will try to start a foundation to support this group in Mexico and grow it in the USA, maybe we can have our groups work together" followed by "I will be first focus on fundraising")?

^^^^^^ What you said. ^^^^^^^ I guess I'm in a cynical mood too. I'm not sure anyone has informed him if she did go back to China. She may not want him to know. Or if he recently found out, pride might get in the way. The new crusade and foundation is a perfect transition allowing him to back off from searching for Jenny but still do something worthwhile...that gets people excited and involves fundraising.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Great ! And if it was emotional abuse, rather than physical, that's even easier for an abuser to deny. It certainly could tip the balance mentally.

This. All of it. ^^^

Ah kin hear Bawbrah Strisin singin in ma head (mispronounced purposefully, say it wit me)
Mem'ries,
Light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? Could we?
Mem'ries, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...

Awwwww...that brings back mem'ries. So true.

RBBM

If I were going to be very dark minded, I would say to collect insurance money after she is declared deceased?

That being said, and even though he doesn't appear to be citizen of the year, I'm still thinking JR's motives are anything more than what we see at face value. We simply don't know the dynamics of their relationship, and whether it was an arrangement that went sour, etc. Some of the things we have learned about JR are certainly less than flattering. As a society, we tend to more closely judge relationships that have any great variances; age, financial standing, education, place in society, career, and so forth. JR and Jenny are a bonanza in the judgy department.
Despite appearances, we don't know who had the upper hand in this relationship, or whether JR was abusive, or Jenny a manipulative user.
All we know is that Jenny is unaccounted for, and we hope she is safely ensconced with her parents vs. the other tragic alternatives.

Where are you Jenny?!

You just can't make stuff like this up! Truly, it would make a great made for TV movie if it weren't such dire circumstances.

Sorry hazelnutty. I see I didn't include a "t" on the second word when I meant to say "great post!" to you. It kind of came out wrong, didn't it! I'll type slower. :D

Sorry hazelnutty. I see I didn't include a "t" on the second word when I meant to say "great post!" to you. It kind of came out wrong, didn't it! I'll type slower. :D
Ha! I usually have the typo's.

This is one of those maddening cases where I don't think we will ever know what happened, though obviously we all still hold onto some hope or we wouldn't keep checking. If Jenny disappeared in the U.S., or was a U.S. citizen with American parents who knew how to appeal to the media here, everything would be different. At the very least, security footage would have been examined, including from the hotel in Cancun where Jenny and JR were supposed to meet. (Part of me has always thought she DID make it to Cancun and things went awry from there).

Most importantly, there'd be an investigation and reporting that weren't solely based on the words of JR, the most unreliable narrator ever. I don't trust a word he says tbh, and that is very unfortunate when he's the only voice of this case.

This is one of those maddening cases where I don't think we will ever know what happened, though obviously we all still hold onto some hope or we wouldn't keep checking. If Jenny disappeared in the U.S., or was a U.S. citizen with American parents who knew how to appeal to the media here, everything would be different. At the very least, security footage would have been examined, including from the hotel in Cancun where Jenny and JR were supposed to meet. (Part of me has always thought she DID make it to Cancun and things went awry from there).

Most importantly, there'd be an investigation and reporting that weren't solely based on the words of JR, the most unreliable narrator ever. I don't trust a word he says tbh, and that is very unfortunate when he's the only voice of this case.
He certainly does solely guide the narrative. You have a good point.

I lived in Asia for many years and I think that western men think Asian women are throwaway items.

I believe this works both ways. There is certainly no shortage of Thais who consider Western men as throwaways. Many have been murdered for their assets.

I’ve been to most of the Orient countries, but lived in only one of them for years. That was Thailand, and I don’t know how similar the other countries in the region are to Thailand, when it comes to the complexities of relationships. I found that I really didn’t know Thailand until I had been there for two years. I never had a relationship there, so my observations are not clouded by a bad experience in that regard.

For years, men from some western countries could marry a Thai, get divorced years later, and not have the same financial liabilities that they would have if they had divorced a women from their own country. This has changed in some countries, and the USA is one of them, where now the financial liabilities are the same regardless of your wife’s country of origin.

In Thailand, some families put enormous pressure on their daughters to find a husband that can contribute financially to the family. When you marry a Thai woman, you are not just marrying her, but also her entire family, and you will be expected to contribute financially to the entire family. It is a situation that many Western men are not fully aware of, when they tie the knot.

some interesting reading...

Immigration And Marriage: What Happens If You Marry Or Divorce A Foreign Spouse?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjs...ens-if-you-marry-or-divorce-a-foreign-spouse/
"Wise sponsors, particularly those with significant wealth, should insist that foreign partners sign prenuptial agreements before they get married. Such agreements shield the estate of the American partner from the potential of losing a lot after a split. But even these agreements cannot completely absolve a U.S. sponsor of liability for the foreign spouse’s post-breakup claims when it comes to immigration-related matters."

If I were going to be very dark minded, I would say to collect insurance money after she is declared deceased?

That being said, and even though he doesn't appear to be citizen of the year, I'm still thinking JR's motives are anything more than what we see at face value. We simply don't know the dynamics of their relationship, and whether it was an arrangement that went sour, etc. Some of the things we have learned about JR are certainly less than flattering. As a society, we tend to more closely judge relationships that have any great variances; age, financial standing, education, place in society, career, and so forth. JR and Jenny are a bonanza in the judgy department.
Despite appearances, we don't know who had the upper hand in this relationship, or whether JR was abusive, or Jenny a manipulative user.
All we know is that Jenny is unaccounted for, and we hope she is safely ensconced with her parents vs. the other tragic alternatives.

Where are you Jenny?!

You just can't make stuff like this up! Truly, it would make a great made for TV movie if it weren't such dire circumstances.

I think in the
United States it takes 10 years or so to be declared dead via absentia when certain circumstances suggest it but a body is still not recovered. Example shipwreck at sea or something. But I don't know if Mexico does this same thing and how many years you have to wait.

But he probably did immediately apply for paid family leave from work through the state of Washington. Idk.

Btw. I noticed a while back that he posted on his college Facebook page about Jenny and the fund me Even though he graduated from there years ago if I'm correct. Which just seemed odd to me at the time.

Btw. I noticed a while back that he posted on his college Facebook page about Jenny and the fund me Even though he graduated from there years ago if I'm correct. Which just seemed odd to me at the time.

It seems odd to me too. Usually a friend steps in for stuff like that.

I'm going to give him a hall pass on this one. Taking the high road, if I had a dearly loved one missing (assuming a lot there), I would do *whatever* it took to find them. I would not hesitate to ask for money, ask anyone and everyone to help. I'd beg, grovel, demand...whatever. And maybe that's just what JR is doing. If this is the case, I'm with him 100%.

Well if he is blaming Corona for hiding information to protect the 3rd parties involved. Then he should start a civil suit which would force them to open up the books.

But he would also have his books opened as well.

So him posting to 10 people on Facebook and Twitter isn't helping much since no one can actually investigate his claim.

Plus we still don't know anything about these witnesses.

Especially since they could be liars that's pointing JR to big corporations that will never give him the time nor day.

Well if he is blaming Corona for hiding information to protect the 3rd parties involved. Then he should start a civil suit which would force them to open up the books.

But he would also have his books opened as well.

So him posting to 10 people on Facebook and Twitter isn't helping much since no one can actually investigate his claim.

Plus we still don't know anything about these witnesses.

Especially since they could be liars that's pointing JR to big corporations that will never give him the time nor day.

Yes, all true.
As previously suggested, I think he should jetison some of those investigatory projects to Wenzhou.

Sex trafficking is the least likely type of slavery Jenny would be subjected to, if captured. Read this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ained-neck-desk-two-years-Mexican-family.html
A woman slave who was tortured and chained at the neck to a desk by a Mexican family for or more than two years got so hungry she would eat the polythene wrapping on the clothes she was forced to iron.

The 22-year-old, known only as Zunduri, managed to escape her captors and is recovering from her ordeal in hospital in Mexico City.

She was forced to work in a dry cleaning business, ironing clothes for 12 hours a day, and was allowed only one meal a day.

Slavery is thought to be rife in Mexico. The Global Slavery Index indicates that there are 266,900 people working as if they were owned by a master in the country.

This is a greater number than those in forced slave labour estimated in the whole of Afghanistan, North Korea and Serbia combined, according to the index.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74