Mexico - Kaleo Skye, 3 & Roxy Rain 10 mos, killed by dad, Rosarito, 10 Aug 2021 *arrest in CA*

I have to disagree that these women knew their lives -- especially the lives of their children could be in danger. Shanann would have left her babies in NC if she had even an inkling that Chris would harm them. Not even her parents could feel rage towards Chris. They went from shock to utter despair and grief. They loved him too. MOO
As we all know, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors. I believe their relationship was volatile for a long time. She was living in la la land, working hard, loving hard and trying hard to make it alright. He, however, was seething. Remember the photo he sent to her of the doll on the sofa covered head to toe in a blanket? IMO

Yes. He has been extradited and has been charged federally. However, California law would not apply. Federal law would! So I will check and see what the policies are regarding the insanity defense federally.

But, he’s from CA so he would be more familiar with CA law. Not federal.
I wonder if he checked Federal laws too.

Just all my own thoughts here. All my own opinion too.

Did you happen to read about the other cases of deluded people convinced they had to kill children and their reasoning? Many have visited sites that steer them in the wrong direction and give them "ideas". Ideas to do violence, ideas sometimes to kill children. If it's not one senseless reason, then it's another. Some kill to "protect" the kids, but in this Coleman case his kids were going to be "monsters" so he had to kill them too.

What I find confusing is some people believe in imagined pedophiles and kids being trafficked in pizza parlors, and they are so into protecting the children that they end up killing them. How's that make sense? If you want to save children then don't kill them.

Another case in the article tells of this guy Jennings posting that below, but he ended up beating to death his gf's baby.

"A month prior, 33-year-old Jennings had posted the QAnon-linked slogan #SaveOurChildren to his Facebook page."

"The slogan was originally part of the Save the Children charity but has been hijacked by those who believe in the bizarre conspiracy theory."

How brainwashed QAnon parents like Matthew Coleman have kidnapped & killed their own kids based on warped conspiracies (the-sun.com)

Thanks for the links, Curious Me!

This is as disturbing as the murder of these children, IMO. The article says plainly that believers have melded together conspiracy theories because influencers and algorithms lump the theories together. Well no *advertiser censored*. I might even expect an algorithm to come up with a philosophy as ghastly as a government of pedophillic lizards taking over the world; that's why we don't let machines run things!

George Orwell would weep:

California dad killed his kids over QAnon and 'serpent DNA' conspiracy theories, feds allege

>>>snip

...The complaint says Coleman told authorities that he learned about "serpent DNA" through QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories, even though the lizard people conspiracy theory predates both by several decades.

The believers in each conspiracy theory have melded together over the last several years because conspiracy theory influencers and algorithms on social media frequently lump the theories together.

QAnon is a more recent conspiracy theory premised on the belief that a similar global cabal at the top of the U.S. government is secretly murdering and eating children and that Donald Trump was quietly working to defeat them during his time in office....

<<<snip

No wonder the world is insane. MOO

Last edited:
It is a choice.
For sure.
Visions, eh?
They area choice too.

He thought he was special, eh?

Yes, but a choice influenced by sm content creators and algorythims (think I'll leave that typo) is almost certain to be wrong.

I remember a time when people shook their heads and said, you can't legislate morality. While that may be true, we had better start coding for it, or all is lost.

In 2017 on his facebook page he stated a day would come when something worldwide would manifest and he would be forced to turn his back on all, god family and even children. Married 2016. His posts showed delusions of grandeur. He intentionally committed the crime in a foreign country Imo.

...The article says plainly that believers have melded together conspiracy theories because influencers and algorithms lump the theories together.
The believers in each conspiracy theory have melded together over the last several years because conspiracy theory influencers and algorithms on social media frequently lump the theories together.
I appreciate your post pointing this out. You gave me more to think about on this subject. I need to learn more about algorithms that work towards a goal and how we can successfully block the dangerous ones. We live in such complex times.

Who says human beings can't be brainwashed by machines? My computer tries so hard to entice me by what it thinks might grab my interest. Social media, influencers, algorithms, and a cauldron full of conspiracy theories. I guess politics have always been in the mix, too, but lately so much more so.

Plus, I think it's possible, due to isolating more during Covid, some people became more prone to get sucked into a steady diet of conspiracy theories and what they mistakenly thought were intriguing "secrets". Coleman strikes me as someone unsatisfied with his great life, bored, seeking to be special, etc., He was intelligent, but he allowed himself to be led astray. Allowed by choice, IMO.

Social media algorithms are still failing to counter misleading content (artificialintelligence-news.com)
"While it’s unreasonable to expect that no disingenuous content will slip through the net, the sheer amount that continues to plague social networks shows that platform-holders still have little grip on the issue."

"When content is removed, it should either be prevented from being reuploaded or at least flagged as potentially misleading when displayed to other users. Too often, another account – whether real or fake – simply reposts the removed content so that it can continue spreading without limitation."
BBM

In 2017 on his facebook page he stated a day would come when something worldwide would manifest and he would be forced to turn his back on all, god family and even children. Married 2016. His posts showed delusions of grandeur. He intentionally committed the crime in a foreign country Imo.
Why do you think he intently committed the crimes in Mexico?

I noticed last night his FB site is no longer available. Yes, that post was mentioned earlier in this thread. Is it this one?

QAnon-obsessed California dad, 40, fatally shot two children with a spearfishing gun | Daily Mail Online

"In another post that bears some similarity to the anti-establishment ethos of QAnon, Coleman says he is 'convinced at some point in our lives we will accumulate enough valid evidence for why we should stop trusting our government officials, bosses, coworkers, church, family and friends'.

He says doing so is a 'doorway to experiencing the most liberating reality on earth'."

BBM

I noticed last night his FB site is no longer available. Yes, that post was mentioned earlier in this thread. Is it this one?

QAnon-obsessed California dad, 40, fatally shot two children with a spearfishing gun | Daily Mail Online

"In another post that bears some similarity to the anti-establishment ethos of QAnon, Coleman says he is 'convinced at some point in our lives we will accumulate enough valid evidence for why we should stop trusting our government officials, bosses, coworkers, church, family and friends'.

He says doing so is a 'doorway to experiencing the most liberating reality on earth'."

BBM

I noticed yesterday when I tried to look at his Instagram it was deleted also. Not sure if authorities deleted them, or his family, or his wife Abby.

BBM
Reality doesn't look very liberating from this side of that door. Just saying.

I looked up algorithm:

What exactly is an algorithm?
In the most general sense, an algorithm is a series of instructions telling a computer how to transform a set of facts about the world into useful information. The facts are data, and the useful information is knowledge for people, instructions for machines or input for yet another algorithm.

What do algorithms do in social media?
Algorithms in social media platforms can be defined as technical means of sorting posts based on relevancy instead of publish time, in order to prioritize which content an user sees first according to the likelihood that they will actually engage with such content.

Also, from:
Code-Dependent: Pros and Cons of the Algorithm Age

Experts on the Pros and Cons of Algorithms

* "Algorithms have the capability to shape individuals’ decisions without them even knowing it, giving those who have control of the algorithms an unfair position of power.”

* "The fact the internet can, through algorithms, be used to almost read our minds means [that] those who have access to the algorithms and their databases have a vast opportunity to manipulate large population groups.

* “Resistance is futile.”

Okay, I cherry-picked those last three, but they speak to my point. Algorithms on social media may have combined some crazy ideas into a "thing", which Coleman, at least, consumed and believed as "truth", and which "truth" presented him with a problem: how to save the world from the thing-created monsters his beliefs have made manifest? Logically, algorithmically, there is only one solution: eliminate the monsters. However, had the "thing" also factored compassion, empathy, love, and respect for life into its mix, different problems would present, and a different choice would be correct.

I understand algorithms run our world. They are incredibly useful. I don't blame them for Coleman's bad acts. He alone killed his children, and he should be held accountable for that. I don't know if he is mentally ill, or if he was. My heart breaks for this beautiful family. But this case serves as a warning to us all: if we allow machines to think for us, they will lead us to act in ways that benefit the machines instead of us. We will become desensitized the differences between us, to the nuances of meaning that inform our lives and world and which color us humans, being.

I read too much science fiction, maybe. Algorithms scare me.
*Rant off.

* "The fact the internet can, through algorithms, be used to almost read our minds means [that] those who have access to the algorithms and their databases have a vast opportunity to manipulate large population groups.

BBM That's what I was saying machines can brainwash us humans if we're not careful about what they're allowed to do. The fact the videos can be manipulated to look like it really happened scare me.

Algorithms scare you. Oh, you and me both. It's gone too far already, and it's making me worried and uncomfortable. Oh-oh, I stayed up too late again. 'Night.

No recent.
The likes of David Icke and David Wilcox wrote volumes on them years ago.. Rothschild and Royal Family and Vatican connections abound... Craziness personified.

Thanks for throwing a carrot down that rabbit hole kittythehare. I'm off to follow the crazy. Hope I make it back here today.

I looked up algorithm:

In the most general sense, an algorithm is a series of instructions telling a computer how to transform a set of facts about the world into useful information. The facts are data, and the useful information is knowledge for people, instructions for machines or input for yet another algorithm.

Algorithms in social media platforms can be defined as technical means of sorting posts based on relevancy instead of publish time, in order to prioritize which content an user sees first according to the likelihood that they will actually engage with such content.

Also, from:

* "Algorithms have the capability to shape individuals’ decisions without them even knowing it, giving those who have control of the algorithms an unfair position of power.”

Okay, I cherry-picked those last three, but they speak to my point. Algorithms on social media may have combined some crazy ideas into a "thing", which Coleman, at least, consumed and believed as "truth", and which "truth" presented him with a problem: how to save the world from the thing-created monsters his beliefs have made manifest? Logically, algorithmically, there is only one solution: eliminate the monsters. However, had the "thing" also factored compassion, empathy, love, and respect for life into its mix, different problems would present, and a different choice would be correct.

I understand algorithms run our world. They are incredibly useful. I don't blame them for Coleman's bad acts. He alone killed his children, and he should be held accountable for that. I don't know if he is mentally ill, or if he was. My heart breaks for this beautiful family. But this case serves as a warning to us all: if we allow machines to think for us, they will lead us to act in ways that benefit the machines instead of us. We will become desensitized the differences between us, to the nuances of meaning that inform our lives and world and which color us humans, being.

*Rant off.

Appreciate your dystopian post, coastal. I have been a scifi fan since the 70s, so um... yeah. Interesting twist on algorithms.

I feel so sorry for mom, that poor woman. Heart-breaking... I hope she has a good support network to help get her through this. :(

It is a choice.
For sure.
Visions, eh?
They area choice too.

He thought he was special, eh?
And now he’ll pay the consequences for his choices.
Those poor children though, they had their lives cut short because of Daddy’s choices.

I looked up algorithm:

Also, from:

*Rant off.
Well, I guess we just discovered his defense. He was “Algorithmized”! “Blame the Algorithm, not me”.

I noticed that Matthew's Facebook was shut down a couple of days ago. I was actually surprised that it was left up for so long for the public to troll all over his family. Do the authorities usually shut this down as part of the investigation? AC's page is still up.

One thing I had noticed in the video that I wish I would have mentioned sooner, now that nobody can see it. There was a video of their gender reveal on the beach. When it was discovered to be a girl, Matthew moved forward to give his wife a kiss. Then, he stepped back away from her and gave her a side hug. There was no eye contact. He was looking at something on the ground while giving her a side hug. I can't help but wonder what was going through his mind......"great, I'm having another lizard monster!"?? He just looked empty and vacant in his face like he was fake going through the motions of being happy just a moment ago but disconnected. Wondering if anyone noticed that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280
Back