Mexico - Kaleo Skye, 3 & Roxy Rain 10 mos, killed by dad, Rosarito, 10 Aug 2021 *arrest in CA*

We should hear a lot more on August 31st or does he just get ‘held over for trial’ then?

...He intentionally committed the crime in a foreign country Imo.
Why do you think that he intentionally committed his crimes in a foreign country? Is there any advantage to that? Why take a chance you could end up in a Mexican prison? I've wondered if the place he killed his children had any special meaning to him, like in his mind he had to do it on sacred grounds or something that made sense to only him. I imagine he'd been to that location before. Was he religiously connected to it in some way? Why there?

His FB is shut down now, but this Daily Mail article contains lots of tidbits and some of his FB posts. Too bizarre that he talks about spearfishing and his son.

"He often fawned over his wife on birthdays, anniversaries, describing his spouse of four years as 'wifey'."

"Prior to the deaths Coleman posted frequently about his Christian faith online but his posts became increasingly devout since the beginning of the pandemic."

Why did he travel to Mexico?

46560359-9887495-Coleman_and_his_two_children_were_staying_at_the_City_Express_Ho-a-22_1628780581270.jpg

Coleman and his two children were staying at the City Express Hotel (pictured) in Rosarito, Mexico

QAnon-obsessed California dad, 40, fatally shot two children with a spearfishing gun | Daily Mail Online
Coleman murdered his toddlers on a Christian ranch in Rosarito, Mexico (above) on Monday morning after leaving his Santa Barbara home on Saturday and crossing the border without his wife's knowledge

The Mexican Christian ranch on which the bodies of the two children were found uses its social media to promote the group as a 'religious organization' seeking 'to provide the Church of Christ with a safe, secluded and high-quality space for the growth of the Body of Christ'.

It is a place where 'missionaries from around the world who come to our state with the intention of establishing the kingdom of heavens of Jesus Christ on earth'.

The murders are all the more baffling considering Coleman's very public love for Abby, Kaleo and Roxy.

Why Mexico and why that particular location???

"He told investigators that on the morning he killed his children he drove to Rancho Del Cielo and pulled off to the side of the road."
Matthew Taylor Coleman: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

MOO and thoughts-- He was so into the special naming of his children, it makes me wonder if he chose the location just for it's name. It could translate into Ranch of Skies or Heaven's Ranch. (Not any connection, but there's one by that name in Santa Barbara too. It was a vacation home for the former President Reagan.)
What does "del cielo" mean in Spanish? (wordhippo.com)

...I can't help but wonder what was going through his mind......"great, I'm having another lizard monster!"?? He just looked empty and vacant in his face like he was fake going through the motions of being happy just a moment ago but disconnected. Wondering if anyone noticed that?
I was so into watching his wife's happiness and the celebration of the crowd that I disregarded that he didn't seem as happy or involved. A neighbor didn't find him all that sincere.

QAnon-obsessed California dad, 40, fatally shot two children with a spearfishing gun | Daily Mail Online
Another neighbor told DailyMail.com, 'Abby was the social one of the two, but I was wary of Matthew. He seemed a little too happy and disingenuous, fake nice almost.' BBM

I noticed that Matthew's Facebook was shut down a couple of days ago. I was actually surprised that it was left up for so long for the public to troll all over his family. Do the authorities usually shut this down as part of the investigation? AC's page is still up.

One thing I had noticed in the video that I wish I would have mentioned sooner, now that nobody can see it. There was a video of their gender reveal on the beach. When it was discovered to be a girl, Matthew moved forward to give his wife a kiss. Then, he stepped back away from her and gave her a side hug. There was no eye contact. He was looking at something on the ground while giving her a side hug. I can't help but wonder what was going through his mind......"great, I'm having another lizard monster!"?? He just looked empty and vacant in his face like he was fake going through the motions of being happy just a moment ago but disconnected. Wondering if anyone noticed that?
I didn’t see it, but it rings of Chris Watts, IMO.

@Curious Me: I agree that his choice of the Christian ranch in Mexico was either symbolic for some religious reason or he believed it to be sacred. There is definitely a rationale. Perhaps in the 'visions' he had he was directed to this particular place. I am certain he was familiar with it, if he hadn't been there before.

IDK, as bizarre as it is, QAnon isn't telling people to kill their own children.

What I want to know is, what kind of parent of young children has time to be delving deeply into social media, to begin with? Most people at that stage of life can't get enough sleep, much less waste time going down rabbit holes on their phone.

Possibly this guy has paranoia and delusions of grandeur, or other mental health problems that exist independently of social media, and
he just attached to whatever social/cultural ideas were in the air.

Most of the filicide by father cases I've come across (two in my local area in the past 20 years), the real reason the father did it was to punish the mother, because she divorced him or wanted a divorce.

This talk of the mother's DNA tainting the children seems to point in that direction, to me.

Maybe it's a big surprise but people are deeply selfish and I don't think social media made us this way.

New article from local paper, the Santa Barbara Independent.

The Coleman Murders: A Community in Shock - The Santa Barbara Independent

We are seeing signs of I believe an underlying personality disorder or mental illness. One surf student said, “He was always very cheerful and upbeat, sometimes to the point of being a little unsettling,” the former student said, who broke with his Christian group in high school. (Sounds like bipolar to me)

This also answers the question whether or not his wife, Abby believed the conspiracy theories: "The surf-instructor acquaintance said that he had heard from other members of Santa Barbara’s surfing community, from people close to the Coleman family, that Coleman and his wife, Abby, had been researching QAnon and Illuminati theories over the past year."

Last edited:
So MTC waived his right to a preliminary hearing, and will be arraigned. Anyone familiar with why one would waive their right to a hearing? What does this mean? Does this mean he may plead guilty?

Arraignment Set for Santa Barbara Man Accused of Killing His 2 Young Children in Mexico
Good find. Good questions too. BBM

"Coleman’s arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 31 in Los Angeles, said Ciaran McEvoy, a public information officer for the U.S. Attorney's Office."

"Coleman is being represented by Elena Rose Sadowsky of the Federal Public Defenders Office, according to court documents."

"On Sunday, they submitted a waiver of preliminary hearing to the court."

"Preliminary hearings are pre-trial proceedings during which a judge hears evidence and determines whether a defendant will face trial on the charges."

Arraignment Set for Santa Barbara Man Accused of Killing His 2 Young Children in Mexico | Local News - Noozhawk.com

So MTC waived his right to a preliminary hearing, and will be arraigned. Anyone familiar with why one would waive their right to a hearing? What does this mean? Does this mean he may plead guilty?

Arraignment Set for Santa Barbara Man Accused of Killing His 2 Young Children in Mexico
Seems redundant if he confessed already. I guess that means he isn't back-pedalling.

Seldom do confessions given to arresting authorities translate to the defendant pleading guilty at arraignment.

Confessions at arrest typically come from defendants that never asked for a lawyer whereas arraignment comes after counsel hired/appointed.

ETA: MC is being charged in US District Court (federal) so I think a Grand Jury will have to vote on indictment before case moves forward.

Last edited:
I wonder if he met with anyone while he was in Mexico. Since he can speak Spanish so well, I wonder if he had a GF in Mexico?
i know he got a masters and spent a lot of time in spain. but that isnt the same spanish that locals in mexico speak. heck, my husband grew up here and speaks spanish and he sometimes doesnt understand folx in mexico. and visa versa.

How brainwashed QAnon parents like Matthew Coleman have kidnapped & killed their own kids based on warped conspiracies (the-sun.com)

"At a press conference on Tuesday, Baja, California's Attorney General Hiram Sanchez said that Coleman was well aware of the consequences of his actions."

"We are talking about someone who was educated and had degrees," he said.

"It was clear to him of the consequences he could face for the actions he was taking."
this one mentions the mom in my link upthread

this one mentions the mom in my link upthread
Yes, you had mentioned that particular Mom killing her 3 children to "protect them". (Believed her whole town was full of a widespread child sex-trafficking ring. Oh come on, :( so she had to kill her own kids. Was she the one that also said she didn't like being a Mom? One I read about said that.)

I mentioned these conspiracy theory followers are getting and giving a bunch of wild, stupid, mixed-up messages. Surfer dude MTC had to kill his 2 kids because they were going to be turn into "monsters", not to protect them. So, which is it? They seem to believe any senseless reason to kill, murder, betray their own children.

MOO, the Q group slogan says they're all one together, but they are not all on the same page, that's for sure. MOO, it's a cauldron of conspiracy theories. They fall for any garbage without question in the final stage, then kill or get violent. They'll pay the price behind bars. Wonder if they'll ever realize it's something evil stirring that cauldron.

How brainwashed QAnon parents like Matthew Coleman have kidnapped & killed their own kids based on warped conspiracies (the-sun.com)

Last edited:
Yes, you had mentioned that particular Mom killing her 3 children to "protect them". (Believed her whole town was full of a widespread child sex-trafficking ring.

@Curious Me: I am actually from that town!! Haven't seen any sex trafficking, lol. It's a really sad story. She was certifiably mentally ill and the father tried to get the kids removed for quite awhile knowing the threat. Sad how broken our system its as it totally failed.

MOO, and with some anger that he threw away everything for nothing. He made that choice to "save the world".

His daughter was hand picked by God, he said, so why'd MTC have to kill her only ten months after her glorious birth. She was a gift.

Surf School Owner Killed Kids After Being ‘Enlightened’ by QAnon: Feds (thedailybeast.com)

"Just a month earlier, Coleman had celebrated the birth of the couple’s youngest child, Roxy Rain, in an Instagram post."

“While waiting for her to come, I kept feeling this sense that she was going to be born at a very pivotal time in history and that she would represent a dawn, or even awakening, to years of great blessing for our family and nation,” he wrote. “Another picture that came to me was of God reaching down into a river bed and picking up a small stone (rock), examining it intently. Just as David had done before slaying Goliath, God examined the stone and was confident that it was just the perfect one for the battle. Although it was small, smooth and somewhat harmless looking, he knew that it would become great when placed into the palm of a skilled hand. My declaration over Roxy Rain is that she has been hand picked by God to slay the giants in the land.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back