GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad drugs and a bad, bad combo.
Was Jennifer a drinker?
Empty bottle of the same Canadian Moose was in the trash at the studio. ( Same brand as the bottle which was photographed in Ethan's bedroom doorway)

wikipedia has the couple leaving Ethan home alone so they could go out drinking, in the past

'A former neighbor told the Detroit Free Press that, shortly after the family moved to Michigan a few years later, in 2014 and 2015, Crumbley's parents Jennifer and James often left their son home alone and without a phone while frequenting bars in downtown Lake Orion. The neighbor became so concerned that she filed an anonymous complaint via phone to the state's child protective services agency, but she did not know if any action was taken.[61] '

I appreciate that the state aren't trying to make a case of poor parenting per se but the wiki entry is still interesting because if true, Ethan would have only been 8 or 9. ( In some of his old recorded journals, along with his crazy talk, he also remarks that his expectations of a ' caring life' were mistaken or wtte)

Last edited:
I missed the b'friend's testimony.
Was he covering in any way for JC and LE knew he was ( had evidence) and gave him warnings, warnings that Smith claims were threats?

Whose art studio was this? Did they know the owners?

I believe part of the evidence that they previously moved to exclude was about the parents' alcohol use. They also referenced a text that JC sent to James that talked about "getting drunk and riding horses".
Thank you.
Think that jails permit their inmates to take these drugs?
Imagine everyone on Adderall? lol

I'm way behind on watching today's footage. Why is the defense attorney testifying and just occasionally asking the boyfriend, "right?"

"You felt they were pressuring you, correct?" "You have no idea what would happen, right?" "Because this is what you believed." ..pause.. Bf: "Correct."

And why isn't the prosecutor objecting?? This is giving me a headache.

Shifting the focus slightly, I want to ask all who are super familiar with Ethan's case:
Was he involved in extra curricular activities at all? I understand he had a job at the diner, but from an article I read, he would randomly pick up shifts here and there and it wasn't a lot.

If I were a juror, I'd be looking specifically at things Jennifer did to combat his recent losses (dog dying, Grandparent dying, friend moving away.)

He obviously had an interest in guns, which was testified that that was a common interest in that town. One could view that as a positive in that context that both parents were trying to bond with him in that way.

There's no talk of getting another dog, which is weird to me. We are an animal family, and replacing a dog within 6 months would be a constant topic in the family. Text messages of dog pics would be all over the family's message thread.
Here there's nothing.

It appears James' parent died. That's traumatic, and probably the first death EC has dealt with. Did he attend the funeral? Were they local? What year was this?
We haven't been privy to any information about how EC was affected by it, but JC brings it up often in communication to others.

Shifting the focus slightly, I want to ask all who are super familiar with Ethan's case:
Was he involved in extra curricular activities at all? I understand he had a job at the diner, but from an article I read, he would randomly pick up shifts here and there and it wasn't a lot.

If I were a juror, I'd be looking specifically at things Jennifer did to combat his recent losses (dog dying, Grandparent dying, friend moving away.)

He obviously had an interest in guns, which was testified that that was a common interest in that town. One could view that as a positive in that context that both parents were trying to bond with him in that way.

There's no talk of getting another dog, which is weird to me. We are an animal family, and replacing a dog within 6 months would be a constant topic in the family. Text messages of dog pics would be all over the family's message thread.
Here there's nothing.

It appears James' parent died. That's traumatic, and probably the first death EC has dealt with. Did he attend the funeral? Were they local? What year was this?
We haven't been privy to any information about how EC was affected by it, but JC brings it up often in communication to others.

Disagree with the pet paragraph. We are an animal family and it's very hard to "replace" them. My dad had to put his dog four years ago and even the thought of getting another one upsets him even though he does want one. Losing them is very difficult for us. I don't think not immediately getting a new dog or speaking about it is anything weird at all here.

Random thoughts :

I believe in one of the text messages Jennifer says her mother blamed her for what EC did. It was during the text exchange with her lover.

Sadly, this reminds me of a cousin who was a party animal and would leave her 11 yo at home alone with the 8 yo. She would give the older child babysitting money. They’re both grown now and in college.

I think once Jennifer testifies we’ll get all the missing pieces like why she lied about EC’s friend committing suicide etc. McDonald is gonna roast her pretty good but I hope she can temper it because Jennifer may have some sympathetic jurors.

JMO

Disagree with the pet paragraph. We are an animal family and it's very hard to "replace" them. My dad had to put his dog four years ago and even the thought of getting another one upsets him even though he does want one. Losing them is very difficult for us. I don't think not immediately getting a new dog or speaking about it is anything weird at all here.
I understand that. I was focused on EC, and the fact that he's had some acute losses. Replace was not a sensitive word on my part. If my children were particularly close to a family pet and he/she passed, I would personally want to get them involved in choosing another rescue. It is extremely hard to part with a pet, but can be great therapy to welcome another.

Re J's mom. Ah! I hadn't realised she has passed.
BTW, in FB messages, Jennifer also says to Bryan that they need people who will stick up for them as parents. ( Their parenting skills but implies that nobody is doing that. Not clear if Jennifer wanted people to make supportive statements in public, to media)

BTW State still didn't add any detail as to why Jennifer lied about the Ethan friend who moved away. OFC it mustn't be material to their case or they're protecting his ID but I was just curious as to why she would say the boy had killed himself when he didn't.
Yes,it was James's mom in Florida that passed away in April 2021.
JC telling b'friend that EC's buddy committed suicide is bizarre, JC was in communication with the buddy's mom, so why she would ever claim it was suicide is beyond baffling.

Marc Keast just objected to Smith mentioning to b'friend death threats JC got.
Keast said to judge "we already went over that".

Were these death threats entered as evidence because otherwise that claim would be hearsay.

Here there's nothing.

The only activity I remember reading about was that he had played soccer.
There was no timeline given but before Covid seems probable.

Interestingly enough, i randomly discovered today that JC’s FB is still actually accessible and on some of her profile pics there are comments from both her boyfriend and James and they seemed to also be friends. (Sorry if I’m not allowed to reference FB, I can never remember!)

Interestingly enough, i randomly discovered today that JC’s FB is still actually accessible and on some of her profile pics there are comments from both her boyfriend and James and they seemed to also be friends. (Sorry if I’m not allowed to reference FB, I can never remember!)
It's been reported they both were having affairs and knew about each others.

Oh, god.

'Meloche testified Wednesday that Jennifer Crumbley had told him she was able to leave work to meet up with him even though she allegedly told school officials on the day of the shooting that she could not take her son home or for mental health care that day because she needed to return to work'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB