MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was the boyfriend, we have no idea what time he actually got there. Maybe, when he came home alone, she had kicked him out. So after a couple of days he goes to see her again, but she insists he leave again. Then he explodes.
I must have been influenced by what I read elsewhere. Even without that, if he was there earlier in the evening and her call for help was a result of a 3am fight, IMO she would have told that to the friend and the police would not be looking in any other direction.

Exactly. The fact that he returned home without her suggests that something may have happened, anything from a simple argument to a breakup. Who knows? Maybe he simmers a few days and then shows up and explodes.
If I understood correctly, they were renovating one or two properties and he returned due to an errand/work. Drop off (of pick up) of supplies was mentioned. No idea if he would have returned to the cabin later. In turn, she was allegedly also getting the cabin ready. I don't find it strange that she didn't travel back and forth with him. She had her own car at the cabin so maybe they didn't even arrive together.

Reward Increases To $10,000 For Tips In Metro Detroit Woman's Disappearance Up North

[...]

Last week, the Benzie County Sheriff's department confirmed that Quintal's boyfriend has been questioned and is considered a person of interest in the case. Police haven't said much about the man and at this point, it's unclear how he might be involved in her disappearance.

Because all searches have so far turned up no results, police in Benzie County believe that Quintal is no longer in that area.

"We're still hopeful that we'll find her alive," Sheriff Ted Schendel told WWJ.

Adrienne Quintal.jpg

I’m almost wondering if she was unaware of who the perp was- like someone breaking in and she couldn’t identify them yet as she made her call to her friend? Otherwise I do think he’d be a “named suspect” at this point in time... or maybe they really are just trying to flush out as much evidence against him without rattling his cage too much... for some of these cases I really do think there is subjectivity based on whoever is leading investigations and what calls they decide to make based off of facts, gut instinct, experiences from the past that may shape how they communicate with the public or the suspects, etc...
MOO

I’m almost wondering if she was unaware of who the perp was- like someone breaking in and she couldn’t identify them yet as she made her call to her friend? Otherwise I do think he’d be a “named suspect” at this point in time... or maybe they really are just trying to flush out as much evidence against him without rattling his cage too much... for some of these cases I really do think there is subjectivity based on whoever is leading investigations and what calls they decide to make based off of facts, gut instinct, experiences from the past that may shape how they communicate with the public or the suspects, etc...
MOO
My opinion is mixed about this. I thought the same as well, that a random stalker or thief might have tried to break into the cabin. Two points that contradict this however - nothing of hers was stolen, and again, why call a friend if in a scary situation like that. 911 would be the most logical in that case.

Her calling a friend leads me to think she knew who and what, and maybe why. Also, perhaps she didn't consider it serious enough to call 911, that she could handle it herself. JMO

Yes, they would let you know plus come here to give an FYI message about ***** being a verified insider and not needing to provide links for information that they share about the case.

Hopefully you'll get approved soon

Southfield woman goes missing in northern Michigan, sheriffs find foul play evidence

[NW] says his mom was at the family cottage in Honor, Michigan near Traverse City, about 200 miles from metro Detroit.

[...]

They searched an area of Benzie County in Honor where the 47-year-old was staying at a home on Indian Hill Road. It is a place her son says she is quite familiar with, having gone there since she was a child.

"We have a family cottage," [NW] said. "She was doing work on the house. She was also just getting ready for hunting and hanging out and enjoying the wildlife."

But according to the Benzie sheriff, Quintal called a friend in Warren asking for help. That person called law enforcement, who arrived at the cottage within 13 minutes.

There was no sign of Quintal but they did find signs of foul play. Her phone, purse, and car were still there on the property. The search began immediately.

[...]

FOX 2 is told Quintal went up north with her boyfriend, but her son says that man came back to their place in Southfield on Tuesday, a couple days before she was noticed missing.

"He was up there with her, he came home to drop supplies off, we are working on the condo here," [NW] said.

(*there's another photo of her at link)

Bolded by me- 13 minutes.

Like poor Jayme C- it was a matter of a few minutes.

Amazing how quickly someone can be kidnapped or killed and their whereabouts unknown.

Maybe, but a call was actually made to 911 and if it was him he’d have to disguise his voice. It wouldve been easier to go home, try to get ahold of her via calling/texting etc and then file a missing persons report. Calling in an emergency seems like an unnecessary amount of work paired with a high probability of getting caught once police dig more into the call, your phone records, etc
Well, we've seen some dumb bunnies actually attempt to do just that. At least with texting, of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member