MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 Jul 2016 #5

My question is who licenses a home like that where vulnerable citizens were obviously at risk! Who makes unannounced visits to check on welfare? This is so disturbing at so many levels.

As far as Ally is concerned, this is an important find. Was the road Ally was running on a direct connection to this "care home"? This could very well be a new lead in Ally's case. Great find and great reporting Rave1953!

Amateur opinion and speculation only
The state of Michigan through its Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) bureau. I'm thinking they don't make unannounced visits. I believe it might be complaint based.

IIRC, there have been other cases where LE didn't tell a POI at the time that a victim was dead. The culprit may trip up by referring to the victim in the past tense and "assuming" the manner of death. Details only the murderer would know.

What seems especially surprising to me is that Wes supposedly hadn't read or heard in the news about Ally's death but his coworker had. I guess a murderer might avoid media accounts of an attack so they could genuinely react with surprise when they receive the news of the outcome. JMO
I, too, find it curious that he wasn't told. Think about what you would do. If you were at work and the state police showed up to take you in for whatever reason, confiscated your phone and computer, etc. wouldn't you DEMAND to know why? I know I would. I would be kicking and screaming the whole way and demanding to know what was going on.

I, too, find it curious that he wasn't told. Think about what you would do. If you were at work and the state police showed up to take you in for whatever reason, confiscated your phone and computer, etc. wouldn't you DEMAND to know why? I know I would. I would be kicking and screaming the whole way and demanding to know what was going on.

I am suspicious of his account of what happened that night (or day) and the supposed sequence of events overall.

For reference, here is what Wes posted about the subject:

“[SBM]

How I found out... (condensed version)

I had just gotten to the hospital for my shift that night. Security came to my floor and said MSP wanted to speak with me.

When I spoke to them they eventually told me “Ally was shot while she was jogging” but that’s it. They asked for my phone, searched my car, apartment, took my laptop, I basically let them do and have whatever they wanted because they said at the end they would tell me more about where Ally was. ALL I cared about at the time was finding what hospital Ally was at and getting to her. Her being dead wasn’t an option my brain could even imagine.

At the end they wouldn’t tell me where she was at or how seriously hurt she was. Then they dropped me off back at the hospital and told me to “just go to work, try not to think about all of this”.... yeah OK!

As soon as I got back to my floor (keep in mind... I had been gone for hours) my manager grabbed me and pulled me into an empty room. I immediately started telling him that Ally was shot while she was jogging, they won’t tell me where shes at, I have to find out what hospital!

Then he says, “Wes, listen... I hate to be the one to tell you this... I’m SO sorry Wes!”

And then he slid his phone in front of me with an article he had pulled up. The title read, “Jogger fatally shot in Holly”. I’ll be honest, I don’t even know if those were the exact words... because once I saw that word “fatally” my whole ****ing world came crashing down around me. It really felt like my own, personal end of the world. It’s honestly hard to describe in words...

[SBM]”
MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016

I cannot remember if we ever found out what time Wes had to be at work that night (seven sounds right to me, but I’m not sure why) or whether he arrived on time.

I do find it interesting that the state police showed up at his place of employment within mere hours of Ally’s murder (assuming that he is being truthful about this part of the story).

How did they determine Wes was someone they needed to talk to immediately? Was it based on something someone told them? Was it something they found at the scene (it has been reported numerous times LE believe Ally knew her killer)? Whatever it was, it must have come to their attention right away, and it must have been significant: More than the usual “Ex-/Boyfriend did it,” IMO.

Then they would have had to find him, and in order to do so, they would need information such as his phone number, address, place of employment, etc.

Did they attempt to call him first, and if so, did it go through? Did they start pinging his phone immediately? Did they stop by his apartment before going to his work?

Still the MSP were already there and had spoken with security when Wes showed up to work. They must have had a darn good reason to be there, IMO.

I am suspicious of his account of what happened that night (or day) and the supposed sequence of events overall.

For reference, here is what Wes posted about the subject:

“[SBM]

How I found out... (condensed version)

I had just gotten to the hospital for my shift that night. Security came to my floor and said MSP wanted to speak with me.

When I spoke to them they eventually told me “Ally was shot while she was jogging” but that’s it. They asked for my phone, searched my car, apartment, took my laptop, I basically let them do and have whatever they wanted because they said at the end they would tell me more about where Ally was. ALL I cared about at the time was finding what hospital Ally was at and getting to her. Her being dead wasn’t an option my brain could even imagine.

At the end they wouldn’t tell me where she was at or how seriously hurt she was. Then they dropped me off back at the hospital and told me to “just go to work, try not to think about all of this”.... yeah OK!

As soon as I got back to my floor (keep in mind... I had been gone for hours) my manager grabbed me and pulled me into an empty room. I immediately started telling him that Ally was shot while she was jogging, they won’t tell me where shes at, I have to find out what hospital!

Then he says, “Wes, listen... I hate to be the one to tell you this... I’m SO sorry Wes!”

And then he slid his phone in front of me with an article he had pulled up. The title read, “Jogger fatally shot in Holly”. I’ll be honest, I don’t even know if those were the exact words... because once I saw that word “fatally” my whole ****ing world came crashing down around me. It really felt like my own, personal end of the world. It’s honestly hard to describe in words...

[SBM]”
MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016

I cannot remember if we ever found out what time Wes had to be at work that night (seven sounds right to me, but I’m not sure why) or whether he arrived on time.

I do find it interesting that the state police showed up at his place of employment within mere hours of Ally’s murder (assuming that he is being truthful about this part of the story).

How did they determine Wes was someone they needed to talk to immediately? Was it based on something someone told them? Was it something they found at the scene (it has been reported numerous times LE believe Ally knew her killer)? Whatever it was, it must have come to their attention right away, and it must have been significant: More than the usual “Ex-/Boyfriend did it,” IMO.

Then they would have had to find him, and in order to do so, they would need information such as his phone number, address, place of employment, etc.

Did they attempt to call him first, and if so, did it go through? Did they start pinging his phone immediately? Did they stop by his apartment before going to his work?

Still the MSP were already there and had spoken with security when Wes showed up to work. They must have had a darn good reason to be there, IMO.
BBM Right! Was Wes the only person LE took in to question? Did LE take anyone else's cell phone and laptop? Search anyone else's car and home?

Did LE speak to Ally's coworkers about any suspicions (coworker or patient/family member) they had at work?

So, Wes was only told that Ally was shot and after being interviewed and his belongings searched he was told to just go back to work and not worry about it? So LE told him not to worry (supposedly) like that was their focus of concern. Right.

Is there video of LE's initial interview with Wes? I don't remember seeing it. I'd also like to hear his manager's account of how events unfolded that evening and Wes's reaction.

BBM Right! Was Wes the only person LE took in to question? Did LE take anyone else's cell phone and laptop? Search anyone else's car and home?

Did LE speak to Ally's coworkers about any suspicions (coworker or patient/family member) they had at work?

So, Wes was only told that Ally was shot and after being interviewed and his belongings searched he was told to just go back to work and not worry about it? So LE told him not to worry (supposedly) like that was their focus of concern. Right.

Is there video of LE's initial interview with Wes? I don't remember seeing it. I'd also like to hear his manager's account of how events unfolded that evening and Wes's reaction.

I agree. There is something about his account of how all of that went down that just seems off. It’s certainly possible that WS just remembered and explained it poorly. But LE first refused to tell him where Ally was and her condition until/unless he submitted to a search and questioning. Then after he complied, they just ghosted him and said go back to work? Without sharing any of the information they previously promised to share? Specifically the vital information that Ally had not survived her injuries?

Given the level of score keeping he displayed here, it seems unbelievable that he would passively accept all of that, especially not being given a promised update about her condition. Just odd. Jmo.

Hey Everyone,

Wes just texted me to brag that he had managed to bypass our IP detector and has registered on Websleuths.

So please be very careful who you send a private message to.

This will be a new poster who will come one and act like an *advertiser censored* in some way.

Since Wes is so hot on posting text messages here is our exchange

Wes:
*Apparently you have realized yet that I know how to change and reconfigure my IP addresses

*Haven't

Tricia:
*Neat-O...Maybe you can use this line to pick up groovy chicks in bars. BFD!!!!

Wes:
*Well apparently blocking me from accessing Alex's forum is a pretty BFD to you for some reason.

*I just wanted you to know that you've just been wasting your time.

I would like to publicly thank Wes for being so considerate worry about wasting my time. Here I thought he was a bit of a jerk. Oh, how wrong I was.

Tricia

Hey Everyone,

Wes just texted me to brag that he had managed to bypass our IP detector and has registered on Websleuths.

This will be a new poster who will come one and act like an *advertiser censored* in some way.

I would like to publicly thank Wes for being so considerate worry about wasting my time. Here I thought he was a bit of a jerk. Oh, how wrong I was.

Tricia

LOL. Thank you Wes. I really, really needed a good laugh today.

I don't get why he wants to be here so badly. But he is sure persistent, if nothing else.

Thanks for the heads up, Tricia.
Yes, he is persistent, like he was persistent with Ally and wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I'm sure persistence is characteristic of his personality (or lack thereof).

Hey Everyone,

Tricia
Alex's forum? Let's remember who is providing these forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
He just keeps doing things to make himself look more and more suspicious! I mean for example: he just admitted he can change his IP address so who’s to say that all those “so called” texts between him and Nikki were even real. He could have another phone and entered that number and labeled the name as Nikki and just been sending the messages back and forth to himself. At this point nothing would surprise me.... except if maybe he wasn’t the one guilty!

He probably thinks he is serving as an advocate. It is a startling lack of self-awareness.

At this point, the only person he's an advocate for is himself. I don't know if that is nefarious or if he's just lost all perspective on what happened to Ally. Either way, it's incredibly strange behavior. The constant sideshow does literally nothing to move the case forward. Jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back