MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning toward this being a random crime or, at best, someone she barely knew. BUT if it is personal - someone she knew at least by name - I wonder if she didn't say something to the witness who called it in or to the EMT's. Obviously not a name because LE would be more focused, but something else that makes LE believe she at least recognized his face.

I think it's entirely possible that the shooter was not alone and may have been with someone else who drove the "getaway" vehicle or did the shooting. While the alleged "white sedan" seen in the area of the shooting that day might not have any connection to Ally's murder, it could have been the vehicle driven by the shooter or the vehicle in which the shooter was the passenger who shot Ally, quickly got back in the car, while said vehicle sped away, leaving Ally bleeding to death on someone's driveway.

What cowardly individual shot this petite young woman in the back? I don't think it was random. Ally was hunted down like an animal. Why?

I can see arguments for both an act of revenge by someone she knew or a purely random killing, although I lean toward the random act.

I sometimes see parallels with other crimes when I looking at a crime. The murder of Rebekah Bletsch by Jeffrey Willis while she was jogging on a rural road is one. While Willis may have seen her there previously, I don't believe he knew her or she knew him. It is mentioned in the Jessica Heeringa murder:
Murder of Jessica Heeringa - Wikipedia

Also in the murder of Heidi Childs and David Metzler near Virginia Tech. There the two were murdered with what is not a typical murder weapon - a 30-30 rifle - while they were parked in a area off a rural gravel road. While LE has never said, it is commonly believed among the locals that this was random. LE has the killer's DNA and have not been able to match it with anyone including the residents near the area.

Which brings up a question for me. The killer left shell casings at the scene. I wonder if LE would be able to get DNA off them? Unlike the Childs/Metzler murder case I have not heard of LE taking swabs from the residents. Or testing some of those who knew Alexandra.

I keep thinking about the Veteran's Center that is 3.2-ish miles from where Ally was murdered. I just keep wondering if this is someone who has dementia, or PTSD. Given the Victims profile, it's hard to believe she was killed by anyone who knew her. Everyone has described her as delightful, witty, etc.
Scratching my head....

I remember the single girl days and buying new clothes in excitement for seeing someone special. Seems like she was excited for the trip and to reconnect with her old flame. Wonder if that upset anyone. JMO.

Just to be clear here...
I hope you all realize that Nikki never once mentioned anything about this supposed “Florida trip” to anyone until about a year and a half after her daughter was murdered...

It wasn’t until immediately after CWD (where I mentioned Franz’s relationship with Ally and other suspicious behavior I had noticed) that Nikki suddenly claimed that she suspected me!
Then Nikki brings up this Florida trip obviously attempting to suggest a motive...
<modsnip>

Since the day Allie was killed.... Franz and Nikki had always insisted that Ally’s murder was most likely random. Even after LE had repeated said they had strong reason to believe Ally likely knew her attacker... Nikki STILL repeatedly insisted that Ally’s murder was most likely just a random attack, not someone Ally knew.
Nikki also repeatedly said that she couldn’t think of any reason anyone could have had for wanting to kill Ally.

However, all of that changed the moment I tried to shine some light on the truth regarding Franz and Ally’s extremely troubled relationship....
Suddenly, Nikki wasn’t just claiming that she suspected me... She was attempting to suggest motive.
That’s where all this is coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep thinking about the Veteran's Center that is 3.2-ish miles from where Ally was murdered. I just keep wondering if this is someone who has dementia, or PTSD. Given the Victims profile, it's hard to believe she was killed by anyone who knew her. Everyone has described her as delightful, witty, etc.
Scratching my head....

Ally was talented, smart, pretty, witty, had a nursing degree, and was pursuing an advanced degree in Creative Writing. Ally's accomplishments and successes might have caused jealousy within her social circle. Ally's accomplishments and successes might be the reason that someone wanted her dead.

Just to be clear here...
I hope you all realize that Nikki never once mentioned anything about this supposed “Florida trip” to anyone until about a year and a half after her daughter was murdered...

It wasn’t until immediately after CWD (where I mentioned Franz’s relationship with Ally and other suspicious behavior I had noticed) that Nikki suddenly claimed that she suspected me!
Then Nikki brings up this Florida trip obviously attempting to suggest a motive...
<modsnip>

Since the day Allie was killed.... Franz and Nikki had always insisted that Ally’s murder was most likely random. Even after LE had repeated said they had strong reason to believe Ally likely knew her attacker... Nikki STILL repeatedly insisted that Ally’s murder was most likely just a random attack, not someone Ally knew.
Nikki also repeatedly said that she couldn’t think of any reason anyone could have had for wanting to kill Ally.

However, all of that changed the moment I tried to shine some light on the truth regarding Franz and Ally’s extremely troubled relationship....
Suddenly, Nikki wasn’t just claiming that she suspected me... She was attempting to suggest motive.
That’s where all this is coming from.

BBM. You tend to come off as if you are speaking in a condescending and aggressive manner. It’s hard to have a discussion with you because you seem to believe what you say goes and everyone else in the world is wrong. JMO

Anyway, it really doesn’t matter if Nikki hadn’t told you <modsnip> about the trip, as long as she told LE. Perhaps LE told her not to mention it previously.

<modsnip>

BBM. You tend to come off as if you are speaking in a condescending and aggressive manner. It’s hard to have a discussion with you because you seem to believe what you say goes and everyone else in the world is wrong. JMO

Anyway, it really doesn’t matter if Nikki hadn’t told you <modsnip> about the trip, as long as she told LE. Perhaps LE told her not to mention it previously.

<modsnip>

All of this could have been (and likely was) verified by MSP: contact with former beau in Florida, clothing purchases Ally had made for the trip, travel arrangements, etc. Just because Nikki didn't discuss the Florida trip with Wes <modsnip> doesn't mean it wasn't true.

Nikki also repeatedly said that she couldn’t think of any reason anyone could have had for wanting to kill Ally. ...

Wes did you mean to start this fight with Ally's parents? It sounds unlikely that FB suddenly decided to kill his daughter. Did he borrow a car, a shotgun and sandals to take off down the road to kill his daughter? That seems wildly unlikely. He could have killed her in the privacy his home anytime in the last 31 years if he wanted.
Pointing back and forth between people who loved Ally has not helped solve this crime. Probably has impeded the investigation.
All above this is JMO.

All of this could have been (and likely was) verified by MSP: contact with former beau in Florida, clothing purchases Ally had made for the trip, travel arrangements, etc. Just because Nikki didn't discuss the Florida trip with Wes or the journalist doesn't mean it wasn't true.
Wes did you mean to start this fight with Abby's parents? It sounds unlikely that FB suddenly decided to kill his daughter. Did he borrow a car, a shotgun and sandals to take off down the road to kill his daughter? That seems wildly unlikely. He could have killed her in the privacy his home anytime in the last 31 years if he wanted.
Pointing back and forth between people who loved Ally has not helped solve this crime. Probably has impeded the investigation.
All above this is JMO.

Just because Wes believes the parents (father) could be involved does not make it true. Just because some otherd might believe it is the boyfriend does not make it true.

I personally do not feel LE bungled the investigation. I, like BDE, believe they have looked into more of the parent's statements and checked them out than we have been told. Why would they tell us everything they have/know?

I agree chi-mama, this is not helpful. We've heard it several times, discussed the possibilities. Discussed the differences in heritage backgrounds that may exist, etc. it has not been dismissed, but we either need new info to keep picking at this or look for more possibilities that are logical. Constantly deflecting to only the father being a "suspect" seems to have a basis in something other than just wanting a crime solved, IMO.

Gunning her down on a run (where he could have been seen or even identified) would make no sense for her father .... there would have been many other "better" opportunities to do so, if he had intended to get rid of his own daughter. I do not believe he did.

I don't think it matters what we believe, but what LE can prove is relevant and lie detectors are not admissable in court.

We can accept our VI info as we see fit - He does not have to come on here and comment so I am thankful that he does.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing (except the killer)

Just because Wes believes the parents (father) could be involved does not make it true. Just because some otherd might believe it is the boyfriend does not make it true.

I personally do not feel LE bungled the investigation. I, like BDE, believe they have looked into more of the parent's statements and checked them out than we have been told. Why would they tell us everything they have/know?

I agree chi-mama, this is not helpful. We've heard it several times, discussed the possibilities. Discussed the differences in heritage backgrounds that may exist, etc. it has not been dismissed, but we either need new info to keep picking at this or look for more possibilities that are logical. Constantly deflecting to only the father being a "suspect" seems to have a basis in something other than just wanting a crime solved, IMO.

Gunning her down on a run (where he could have been seen or even identified) would make no sense for her father .... there would have been many other "better" opportunities to do so, if he had intended to get rid of his own daughter. I do not believe he did.

Unlike many (if not most) who are following this case, I live in Oakland County, Michigan (Troy/Rochester Hills for a total of 44.5 years), the same county as Holly where Ally's parents live and where she was murdered. At no time have my husband or I ever thought that local police agencies, Oakland County Sheriff's Department, and/or Michigan State Police were not doing their jobs to protect and keep our communities safe. I WILL NOT criticize local law enforcement agencies or suggest that local authorities "botched" the Alexandra Brueger murder investigation that is ongoing.

There is another high-profile, on-going case in Oakland County (City of Farmington Hills) involving the disappearance of Danielle Stislicki in December, 2016. The case remains unsolved, and I'm sure that Danielle's parents have become, at times, impatient. But, NEVER have the Stislickis ever indicated that they don't trust local/county/ state law enforcement agencies or that they believe that the investigation into their daughter's disappearance (or murder) was "botched". The Stislickis have remained dignified, respectful, and patient in the hopes that the case of their missing daughter will eventually be resolved.

MI - MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #14

Franz and Nikki Brueger have also been dignified, respectful, and patient with regard to the investigation into their beloved daughter's murder. We don't see them attacking or criticizing the investigation. Mr. and Mrs. Brueger must have confidence, as they should, that local, county, and state law enforcement agencies will eventually charge someone with the murder of their daughter. I hope and pray along with them that this happens soon.

<modsnip>

Thank you for continuing to post here and help us think through our research and contributions. Obviously the topic is very difficult to discuss, and finger pointing everywhere.

My gut tells me we are all missing something very obvious, hiding in plain sight. It’s really bugging me.

I am focused on research of killers who shoot their victims in the back. This far, I can tell you Ally, as a victim, is far outside that profile.
Back to research...

Thank you for continuing to post here and help us think through our research and contributions. Obviously the topic is very difficult to discuss, and finger pointing everywhere.

My gut tells me we are all missing something very obvious, hiding in plain sight. It’s really bugging me.

I am focused on research of killers who shoot their victims in the back. This far, I can tell you Ally, as a victim, is far outside that profile.
Back to research...

Simple explanation: Ally was confronted, face-to-face, by her killer. In an effort to escape having a shotgun pointed at her, Ally turned and started running - it's what she did - hoping to avoid being shot. Occam's Razor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes