GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that there's a 52nd Ave that intersects County Road 687. 52nd Street is further away, though... I'm wondering if the address for the RSO is correct or if it could be Ave and not Street? It has the same zip code. Just a thought.

Of course, there are a lot of Henslee's in that area.

Yes 52nd Ave is in zip code 49057 and 52nd Street is 49064 which is consistent with the RSO living on 52nd Street and not Avenue. HTH

How long does it take to test a blood sample as human?
and if human, how long to check blood type if husband knows hers?
Before DA comes in?
Dogs or blood could say if she is alive or pasted over???

so the cousin is the husbands relative? Wonder if it was normal for him to stop by randomly - ?

How long does it take to test a blood sample as human?
and if human, how long to check blood type if husband knows hers?
Before DA comes in?
Dogs or blood could say if she is alive or pasted over???

you'd think they would have a qtip and a vial of some magic formula they could swipe it in quickly to see if it is human or not.

hmmm even if it is used by hunters surely they don't wipe the blood on the door....and with all the weather etc there wouldn't be noticeable blood outside right?

If you're gutting a deer, you can get blood every-freakin-where. Even a game bird will make a surprising amount of mess. But if it's on the surface of the snow, it has to be pretty recent.

I wonder why none of the local news stations have picked up on this trailer/blood/woods search update of the case???

further thought.... I wonder if the dogs tracked to this trailer or it was found in a grid search of the woods?

The dogs tracked her there.

Okay - I deleted the post with the address and am trying to post this so as not to give away a family member's address in case this is not the correct property. But here is a relative's property on 687 (the purple marker):

attachment.php

Attachments

• FamilyProperty.png
    FamilyProperty.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 197
is it a trailer like the kind you can live in? if so I doubt you would take your killed hunting animal in there....wouldn't you clean it or whatever it is you do to it outside?

You can clean the killed animal outside and still track quite a lot of blood and guts inside with you. One of the reasons for a trailer like that is so you have a place to wash up and clean up before you go home, so you don't get all that stuff in your truck or your house. It also depends on what kind of trailer/camper it is -- some of them are for sleeping in while you're out hunting, and those tend to be rather nice. Others are just a small shed on wheels, with maybe a table and a sink with water jug.

How does Mtrooper know this? are they a michigan state trooper?

from the article:

Thursday afternoon, police started searching on a Hartford property on County Road 687 that is owned by a relative of James.
The family requested a private company, Mid-Michigan Search and Recovery, join in the search efforts. The canines of that group located a trailer, deep in the wooded area on the back of the property.
Police say they found a large amount of blood both inside and outside of the door to the trailer. That trailer is apparently used for hunting purposes, and it’s unknown at this time whether the blood is human or animal.
A sample of that blood has been sent off for testing."

Hmmmmm.

Thank goodness LE let the MRSAR do the search!

I watched the Sheriff's Dept. new conference posted on WoodTV – it’s rather long, a bit rambling and the audio is not loud enough so could not get the name of the speaker, so I’ll call him “he” – correct me if I’m wrong, but here is what I got out of it (not in order, but as I remember it):
He said all the doors were locked. (I thought the back door was not locked, so is he wrong about this?)
He is very sure husband is not a suspect and is not having him take a polygraph test, even though husband said he was willing to take one.
He said he has list of 30 things to do but would not say what they were.
He said they were going to check nearby houses, but no plans to bring in canines for this.
He said there were no tracks to follow beyond the house.
He believed Amy was still alive.
He mention (not sure if he said relative) went to visit the house the morning Amy went missing, and he would not go into any more detailed about that when asked.
He said the couple did not have computer in their house.
He said they were going to check into emails, phone records, etc. When asked about emails if she did not have a computer at home, he said she did have access to a PC, but would not say where.
He said some companies would not give info without paper work (I presume search warrants).
He said nothing suspicious was found in the home during last night’s search, and he again mentioned his belief in husband’s innocence. He mentioned that many times..
He mentioned a number of times that it was possible Amy had left on her own.
He mentioned his dept was quick to act because it seemed something was wrong for Amy to have left.
He mentioned it was normal for the FBI to be called in since his dept worked major crimes with them.
He mentioned he did not want non-law enforcement involved in physically searching area or house.
He mentioned there were things he was not going to reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven