GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

Carl updated her recon

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1302016CarlRecon.jpg
    1302016CarlRecon.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 225
Aundria "Alexis" Bowman Viral Flier Share Event Friday March 11 from 12:01am to 12pm - the time may change, still have to speak to Cathy

Friday, March 11th marks 27 years that Cathy's daughter Aundria Bowman has been missing. Please help us plaster FB with her missing flier. The flier will be posted in time for the event. You do not have to do anything, just share her flier to your FB wall. There is a REWARD of $15,000.

Found a lengthy, informative article about this case with LOTS of info on the adoptive father! I can't believe he was never named a POI , just seems very lax on the LE side of things. IMO

http://www.adoptionbirthmothers.com/a-birthmothers-worst-nightmare-aundria-bowmanalexis-badger/

I could have sworn it was posted last year but am not seeing it. The link you posted is a reblog. The original link is below. It's a blog called Musings of a birth mom where you can see all the docs Cathy has as well as the letter from AF's counselor with the appointment on Alexis's birthday.

Musings of a Birthmom The Honest Ramblings of a First Mother
A Birthmother’s Worst Nightmare – Aundria Bowman/Alexis Badger

It is from the mother; mitochondria DNA.
The detective said that the DNA needed to ID her (assuming she's a UP) would not come from the father.

We know that both families, maternal and paternal , dna is necessary based on information from the grateful doe case.

Back to rereading this thread.

I think that had to do with GDF/ Jason being a male

Can we confirm that ? I thought the one parent dna was ruled inconclusive and not enough info for a positive match, thus the need for a member of the paternal side. Is there not a willing member on the paternal side of the family to submit dna? While it may not be necessary now , that extra year or so of waiting on dna results for JC was excruciating . It just makes sense to have a paternal family member submit dna if possible.

One more question before it slips my mind. Who was the alleged abuse by the adopted father reported to? A teacher? Child protective services? Police?

Can we confirm that ? I thought the one parent dna was ruled inconclusive and not enough info for a positive match, thus the need for a member of the paternal side. Is there not a willing member on the paternal side of the family to submit dna? While it may not be necessary now , that extra year or so of waiting on dna results for JC was excruciating . It just makes sense to have a paternal family member submit dna if possible.

With Jason, yes, his mothers DNA sample was not enough which is weird because I've always been told the mothers sample is the best. They wanted DNA from his paternal side. I know his paternal sister donated, not sure who else, I believe there was more then one.

This link is no longer working. Is there a new link? I would very much like to see the info from this article.

Funny that you mentioned this because I had gone there today too and found it's offline. For right now, the only place I have it is on the FB page about section; see the long description. We're in the process of working on the page.

One more question before it slips my mind. Who was the alleged abuse by the adopted father reported to? A teacher? Child protective services? Police?

School counselor. Carl just worked on the Detailed Narrative of the Disappearance of Aundria M. Bowman which is going to be added to the long description. I also have to find all of the articles from Missing in Michigan that Cathy and Alexis are mentioned in.
From Carl's narrative -
Ms. B went on to tell Cathy that her daughter had gone missing after she had reported to a school counselor that her adopted father had abused her. She wouldn’t give any additional details regarding her daughter’s adopted name, the name of the detective, or the locale in Michigan from where she went missing.

Thank you, Roselvr. Have the police been able to re interview the school counselor who reported the alleged abuse? What about the LEO who took the initial report about the alleged abuse?

Is it just me or does the reported alleged sightings given by the adoptee mother sound like she was repeating the birth mothers story but applying it to Aundria/Alexis ? It sounds to me like BB gave the police the same information the adoption agency likely gave her about the birth mother when they were going through the adoption proceedings.

I'm still trying to comb through the info here, so please bare with me.

Do we know we're DB was employed at the time of A's disappearance?

Thank you, Roselvr. Have the police been able to re interview the school counselor who reported the alleged abuse? What about the LEO who took the initial report about the alleged abuse?

They were able to interview several faculty members from that era, and the police detective who was in charge of juvenile cases at the time, as well as the Child Protective Services counselor who had filed the report on the incident. I'm not sure if they were able to locate the person to whom she reported the abuse.

Is it just me or does the reported alleged sightings given by the adoptee mother sound like she was repeating the birth mothers story but applying it to Aundria/Alexis ? It sounds to me like BB gave the police the same information the adoption agency likely gave her about the birth mother when they were going through the adoption proceedings.

The juvenile officer said that he always thought it odd that all of the alleged sightings were first reported to BB, who then reported them to the police. Nobody came forward directly to LE, independent of BB to say that they had seen Aundria. The alleged sightings were detailed as follows:

* On 27-Mar-1989, BB reported that she heard from an anonymous source that Aundria was seen at the Elks Club two days prior.

* On 31-Mar-1989, BB contacted law enforcement to report that two women told her that Aundria was at a residence on 17th Street in Holland. BB said that she tried to contact one of the persons at that residence, and they told her they didn't want to get involved and hung up on her. Police went to that residence, ran surveillance, and saw nothing of interest.

* On 31-Mar-1989, BB told police that she heard from someone that Aundria was seen at the 7-11 store at 17th and Central in Holland.

* On 17-Apr-1989, BB called police to report that she received an anonymous phone call from someone who told her "if you want to find her, you need to be hot, not warm.". BB reported that the caller told her that they had the right area, but the wrong street.

* On 10-May-1989, BB called police to report that someone told her that Aundria was pregnant and told a person named "Right" or "Wright" who lived on 16th street in Holland that she had sought pregnancy counseling, but did not receive any cooperation.

* on 14-Jun-1989, BB called to report that she heard from a woman, who heard from a male friend that he had seen Aundria and asked her for a date, which she declined.

* On 21-Jun-1989 BB called the police to report that someone called her saying that they saw Aundria "playing" in the front yard of another residence on 17th street. The upstairs room at that address was being rented by one of two brothers who were both registered sex offenders. A Holland PD officer interviewed the woman who owned the residence, and she said that she had seen a young woman who had bleached blonde hair and appeared to be pregnant come to the house several times in a red Chevy to visit the man.

* On 10-Jul-1989, BB reported that she received information that Aundria was dating the other brother. However, police determined that the brother was in jail at the time for Criminal Sexual Conduct. they interviewed the man at the Holland jail, and he said that he had seen her in the past, but doesn't know her current whereabouts. Police went to that brother's residence and interviewed a female friend of his (whose initials are RV). Police showed RV a photo of Aundria. RV said she had seen her before, but didn't know her current whereabouts.

(Note: I recently spoke with RV by telephone. RV clearly remembers the young woman to whom she was referring. RV described the girl as very tall. RV says she is 5 feet 9 inches tall, and said that the girl was as tall or taller than she was. Aundria was only 5 feet 5 inches tall, which raises doubt that Aundria was the girl who had been seen with the two brothers)

* On 26-Sep-1989, BB reported that she found an a magazine containing an article about runaways and inside the magazine was the name of a girl, and an address and phone number.

* On 12-Oct-1989, BB called police to report that Aundria was seen in the checkout line of a Meijer store in Holland on October 6, 1989 at about 4:00 PM, bleach-blonde and obviously pregnant, wearing dirty clothing and accompanied by a white male. The person who supposedly saw her knew Aundria because Aundria had babysitted for her in the past. The woman knew Aundria was missing, but she says that she tried to approach Aundria, but "could not get to her in time". Law Enforcement attempted unsuccessfully to contact the woman at her place of employment, and never followed up after that.

There was a six-year gap where there was no apparent activity on the case.

* On 14-Oct-1995, BB called again, reporting that she had been getting numerous hang-up calls. She said that she also received an anonymous call telling her that she is foolish for looking for Aundria, as Aundria is "right under your nose". BB also passed on a tip that Aundria had been seen at a Vo-Tech Center in Port Sheldon. Police went there and spoke with several persons, none of whom recognized the photos of Aundria.

Do we know we're DB was employed at the time of A's disappearance?

I'm not sure if he was employed at the time, but he was home with their infant daughter when he last saw Aundria. BB was at her place of employment at the time.

One of Alexis's friends let me know she saw a PSA for Alexis on the Justice Network. We've been trying to find out more. Cathy was able to get a copy of the PSA which is supposedly being featured for March. We thought it was just Michigan but people have been telling us she's being shown all over. They have the town as being Holland, it should be Hamilton. Cathy is going to try to get it fixed. Bowmans lived in Hamilton when she went missing

Find Aundria M Bowman FB Page -
Justice Network, and "John Walsh" are helping get the word out about Aundria M Bowman. Recent investigation found Aundria went missing from Hamilton, MI. and she was only 14 years old. This is a PSA (public service announcement) that runs between programming like a commercial. We're trying to learn more, we originally thought she was only being shown in MI but found out others have seen it in other states as well!
Justice Network FB Page
Find out if you can get the Justice Network in your area

PSA Missing Child Aundria Bowman
[video=youtube;YtvqeRckUXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvqeRckUXo&feature=share[/video]

Her NamUs profile has been updated with the correct LE information

Allegan County Sheriff's Department - Detective Chris Haverdink
Phone 269-673-0500
640 River Street Allegany, Michigan 49010
Case number 3128-89

Her NamUs profile has been updated with the correct LE information

Allegan County Sheriff's Department - Detective Chris Haverdink
Phone 269-673-0500
640 River Street Allegany, Michigan 49010
Case number 3128-89

So has her NCMEC profile.

Hugs and prayers to Cathy as today would be Aundria "Alexis" Bowman's 42nd birthday if she is still alive. I pray that this post finds her as her mother Cathy has been desperately looking for her for many years. Aundria was adopted by the Bowman's, went missing from their home. Cathy never intended to not raise Alexis but fell on hard times when her husband left her when Alexis was 5 months old. She traveled to her mothers house to regroup and get emotional support, but that soon turned bad as she found out her mother had a serious case of breast cancer. Her mom actually arranged the adoption, Cathy didn't want Alexis to have a hard life like Cathy had. She was told that giving her for adoption at such a young age would give her the opportunity for the "white picket fence" life, best of the best parents.

I met Cathy in the winter of 2012, something about Alexis (I don't refer to her by her adopted name) made me want to help. I've always felt she got away. I helped Cathy grow the Find Aundria M Bowman FB page, we learned so much about her life after being adopted, how her adoptive father was in prison and how there was barely money to feed everyone. We learned she did not go to the "best of the best" but was labeled as learning disabled, which in reality she was not. If you'd like to know more, it's in the narrative below. It's very sad. She had a very hard life.

We learned she was in the original East Coast version of Soul Asylum's Runaway Train. Unfortunately, it would take me over a year to find a copy but I did, right before Alexis's 40th birthday. Unfortunately You Tube won't let me upload it due to copyright, but I have it on google drive.

There is a $15,000.00 REWARD

Runaway Train with Aundria Bowman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?