Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #1 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to classify this as a non family abduction until they have enough evidence to do otherwise. Despite the dads story making about as much sense as snow in Hawaii in July.

jmo

I think I've seen them classify cases as merely "missing- endangered", "missing under suspicious circumstances", etc.

I think they're believing it -

But I do agree with you that I don't buy the dad's whole story. Doesn't make sense.

Oh bless. I know a few parents who could learn a thing of two from this mom. Lena Lunsford, Julia B., Deborah Irwin -- take notice. This is what mothers do and say when their children disappear!

MOO

Mel

I thought the same thing. :( My heart is breaking for Bianca's mom. Bianca is so beautiful. She has such a unique look to herself, very 'individual' and she sounds like such an amazing little girl.

It rips my heart out, but there was something about Bianca's style and look that reminded me of Janice Sallis, Phylicia Barnes mom. And sadly I believe Ms. Sallis and Bianca's mom are going to have an unexpected heartbreak in common. :cry:

Right now I am praying for answers and a lot of support for Bianca's mom.

Does anyone know, does he have a cell phone and was that in the car the whole morning?

I agree with your theory. Bianca was big/tall for her age and spoke well. She may have taken something from the smaller (?) child and the father went beserk.

However, Bianca's mother and uncle said they talked to her the night before she was reported missing. They didn't say what time, so it had to have happened after that. I imagine the woman is being questioned, too. jmo

I'm not confident the child Bianca's mother and uncle spoke to was in fact Bianca. Unless Bianca was very advanced in speech for her age, I think it would be difficult to distinguish the voice of a child that young over the phone.

I could be wrong however. My son had several years of speech and at 2 was almost impossible to understand. I would have never been able to make out what he was saying over the telephone at that age. I often had a difficult time making out what he was trying to say at 2.5 while seeing him in front of me.

JMO

Does anyone know, does he have a cell phone and was that in the car the whole morning?

Good question, we don't know yet.

Another thing, if dads house is 6 miles from moms house as was previously posted, why did it take him 2 hours and 25 minutes to drive from his home to moms home?

When asked if Lane is a possible suspect, Godbee said, "Everybody is a person of interest."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111203...ice-continue-search-for-toddler#ixzz1fV2rYO7O

Seems even LE is being sort of wishy washy in their statements. Not slamming, I know they kind of have to be, so that no one shuts down and stops talking, but still.

Also from that article - Jones said she had not been in contact with Lane. Instead she learned her baby was missing from a relative who told her that Lane came to their home on the 250 block of Custer Friday morning, breathless and in tears to say that his car was stolen and Bianca was gone.

So there goes the theory of him happening to be carjacked close enough to walk to her home. He didn't talk to her, and he wasn't the one that notified her. (IMO, that also reeks.)

It will be interesting to see if Lane volunteers for a polygraph. I haven't seen anything mentioned in MSM with regards to such as yet. also have not checked to see if he is still cooperating with and speaking with LE today.

While I think his story does not add up, there is one possible scenario I can think of in which he might be telling the truth. I think it may be a stretch, but we don't know much about his other childs mother and if, like some suggested earlier, she has any resentment towards Bianca and her mother. I've considered the possibility the other childs mother could have set this up without dad knowing, but I think that is unlikely.

Again, waiting to see if Lane volunteers for a poly and how he does on that poly.

jmo

Good question, we don't know yet.

Another thing, if dads house is 6 miles from moms house as was previously posted, why did it take him 2 hours and 25 minutes to drive from his home to moms home?

Yeah, who knows what he was doing from 7:30 til 10 a.m.

In thinking about this, it seems interesting to me that LE doesn't seem to be focused on that. As far as I can tell they're not asking for sightings of him all morning.

I don't think whatever it is he was doing was legal, or that he was honest with them about whatever it was.

It will be interesting to see if Lane volunteers for a polygraph. I haven't seen anything mentioned in MSM with regards to such as yet. also have not checked to see if he is still cooperating with and speaking with LE today.

While I think his story does not add up, there is one possible scenario I can think of in which he might be telling the truth. I think it may be a stretch, but we don't know much about his other childs mother and if, like some suggested earlier, she has any resentment towards Bianca and her mother. I've considered the possibility the other childs mother could have set this up without dad knowing, but I think that is unlikely.

Again, waiting to see if Lane volunteers for a poly and how he does on that poly.

jmo

Doesn't look like he did well... (see post immediately above yours)....oh dear. :(

In thinking about this, it seems interesting to me that LE doesn't seem to be focused on that. As far as I can tell they're not asking for sightings of him all morning.

I don't think whatever it is he was doing was legal, or that he was completely honest with them about whatever it was.

Maybe that's why he failed the polygraph...could be that all that unaccounted for time was filled in with the kind of activities that he might not want to share with the police. JMO!!! I agree with you.

I think I read somewhere that the family had known him since middle school. So since Bianca is only 2, that's a very short recent time frame, but they've known him since he was a young teen.

and dad is in his early 30's IIRC, so they have apparently known him for more than 15 years.

I'm convinced the other childs mother knows EXACTLY what happened. SHE was IN the home when whatever happened to Bianca happened. I hope she comes clean and tells LE what happened. She too is responsible imo, as she was almost certainly in the home. It sounds to me as if both she and DL were putting Bianca's mother off with returning Bianca. it was her child that likely posed as Bianca Thursday evening on the phone. :furious:

JMO

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/girl,-2,-inside-vehicle-carjacked-in-detroit-20111202

Bianca's great uncle got this story from Lane.

"They pulled the gun out and he was saying 'my baby's in the car.' And they said, 'Hey man, step back. Get out of the way,' said Oliver Nevers. "They just took the car and drove it off."

Nevers explained he was skeptical from the start. He said Lane's account of the carjacking kept changing.

"He [was] having so many different stories … I don't know what to believe now," Nevers told us. "I know him ... well. He [has] been in our family for years, even ever since junior high."

Lane is known to police. He is a felon convicted of possession of cocaine, possession stolen property and a felon in possession of a firearm.

Just jumping off your post and this post from not_my_kids
"We have no reason at this point to doubt the father's rendition of what has happened," Godbee said. "Time is of the essence. Every minute that ticks without us knowing where Bianca is, it just gives me greater concern."
http://www.freep.com/article/2011120...rts-car-stolen
In the above video it says the car was found still running.

The following is from the video and article at http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...ld-makes-a-desperate-plea-for-her-safe-return

From video Chief Godbee: While they'd like tips, the first thing is finding little Bianca. We're all worried but we have to maintain our focus, stay calm, have clear heads, rotate people in and out of the command post. No matter our worry I'm sure it doesn't compare to the worry the family feels. We are using twitter, facebook. Anything we can do to get information out.

From article:
According to the toddler's dad, the child was taken when he was carjacked at gunpoint Friday morning just blocks from the mom's home on Custer. He ran to the house and they called police.

This explains why the parents were together during the initial police contact. Video says the parents have known each other almost all their lives. Dad trying to get his life together, going to college now, imprisoned when she was born. He was gonna keep her for a few more weeks which is why he was getting the clothes.

More from video at link:
Bianca's mom: "Please, please, just bring my daughter home. Just please bring my daughter home."
"Just bring Bianca home. No one is looking for you, we are looking for Bianca".
Family put up posters and searched themselves.
Bianca's uncle: "Don't be a monster and do the unthinkable and Don't be a monster and leave her her out in this cold. Don't be a monster and kill her."
Drop the child off somewhere public.
Whatever happened this morning, the little girl had nothing to do with it and she needs to be home.

This video makes me wonder if there was a car-jacking involving people the dad knew considering his prior charges. The words the family used, bbm, to plead for her return also makes me think this could be a possibility. I realize that they could be speaking to any anonymous person, but the way they spoke just seemed like they were urging someone more specific. Not that they knew who it was, but that they knew they were part of dad's (prior) lifestyle.

I'm leaning towards the idea that someone might have taken Bianca, but Dad knows exactly who that person was and has his own selfish reasons for staying silent about that little detail.

Or Dad killed her. But the other option at least gives me hope that she may be alive, I don't want to contemplate in what condition, but alive.

During the 2 1/2 hours unaccounted for that morning (unaccounted for by us, anyway) there must be people who could say they either saw him with her, or she wasn't there.

I wonder if there were more people who live with the current girlfriend and her 2 year old who could reliably say whether Bianca was there or not that morning.

Now I'm caught up. I have a few questions.

1.) If this was just the time that the father was getting to know Bianca, how many times had he seen her supervised before? Or did Mom just shove her off to her father that she didn't know for the beter part of a week?

2.) Could it be that the father is covering for his girlfriend, instead of the other way around? Maybe Bianca did something to her daughter, like 2 year old do, and she snapped, I can't believe that while Bianca was there for a week, her father was with her every second, especially if his other daughter was at home with her mother. He would have left Bianca there, too, one would assume.

3.) What is the relationship, really, between these families? We have the uncle (I think) that said that the father is like family to Bianca's mother and the rest of the family, but then we have the report that he was just getting to know Bianca. Both of those can't be true, unless the mother's side of the family are some very trusting folks.

I did not get the impression that Bianca's mother 'shoved her off'. It was reported that the father had been in jail/prison on a cocaine charge and the mother wanted the two of them to get aquainted. The uncle said they had known the father since junior high. Maybe they never thought of him as dangerous.

Bianca is said to be tall and large for her age, is very intelligent and speaks well. Perhaps her half-sister seemed small and fragile by comparison and got the father mad at her for some reason - maybe he thought she wasn't playing properly with his 'little girl'.

It was also reported that the other mother was cooperating but would not speak to reporters. If she is not involved, directly, i wonder if she could get the reward for telling what she knows.

I also wonder if Bianca was alive when her father left the house with her. He left the house around 7:30 and had until nearly 10:00 to do something to Bianca and hide her body, before returning to the area. It was also reported that he went straight to the mother's/parents house and told them first, and that they called LE. moo

I don't think whatever it is he was doing was legal, or that he was honest with them about whatever it was.

I don't know much about Detroit, but I remember Godbee from little Mariha Smith's case too. And I still recall MSM almost immediately posted a POI was arrested in Mariha's case... but it was on unrelated charges and NO ONE has been charged with Mariha's murder as of yesterday (that I am aware of.)

I hope that is not the case with little Bianca. I pray LE is reviewing survelliance and putting the pieces to the puzzle together as we 'speak'. AND that the other childs mother is fully cooperating with LE so an arrest can be made soon.

JMO

Jones said she had not been in contact with Lane. Instead she learned her baby was missing from a relative who told her that Lane came to their home on the 250 block of Custer Friday morning, breathless and in tears to say that his car was stolen and Bianca was gone.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111203...-help-as-police-continue-search#ixzz1fVCE7rvv

This article directly contradicts the father's statement
According to the toddler's dad, the child was taken when he was carjacked at gunpoint Friday morning just blocks from the mom's home on Custer. He ran to the house and they called police.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...perate-plea-for-her-safe-return#ixzz1fVCd0TkC

And the mom was allowing the dad to keep her for a few more weeks, which is why he was getting the clothes. Yesterday all of the articles said the mom and dad were talking to the police but that couldn't be true if the mom never saw the dad. I'm really confused about that part. I wonder if there was another person (the woman named in an earlier version of one of the articles) that went with Deondre and was assumed to be the mother. I'm ready to stop listening to the statements from the parents and just wait for LE to make another statement.

I'm leaning towards the idea that someone might have taken Bianca, but Dad knows exactly who that person was and has his own selfish reasons for staying silent about that little detail.

Or Dad killed her. But the other option at least gives me hope that she may be alive, I don't want to contemplate in what condition, but alive.

I am also leaning to option one at this point (hoping). I don't think the woman from the home where Dad was staying was involved though. Something happened after 7:30. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa