Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #1 - *D. Lane guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more inclined toward your latter statement myself. If Lane is the bio father of both children..and they're both two...then presumably he was with one of the women while also with another woman. There could be some resentment. Could dad be covering for ..someone else?

Also...fathers name was posted here as Deondre upthread. But other news agencies (detroit free press/ detroit news) spell it as Deandre. just an fyi

YES. I can see that. I am sure she favors her 2 yr old over the 'other' one. I had a very cold, mean Stepmother growing up. She hated us. LOL So I can see how this woman MIGHT have been involved.

I think Step mommy is going to be the weak link here. I hope they can get her in a room and break it down for her. If he did something to one of his daughters, does she think it won't happen to hers sometime as well?

Unless of course, she was the instigator?

I think so too. I don't think she was the instigator. For some reason my gut is focusing on dad disciplining the two. Some 2 year olds can be very aggressive with hitting - especially if they want something the other child has.

ETA: I can see step mom being over fussy about how Bianca was treating her daughter, if she has any resentment. But my guess would be dad was doing the primary discpline among the two. And especially Bianca.

I think so too. I don't think she was the instigator. For some reason my gut is focusing on dad disciplining the two. Some 2 year olds can be very aggressive with hitting - especially if they want something the other child has.

Also, there are way too many 2 yr olds who die because of potty 'accidents.' She may have wet the bed or her pants and some dads go insane when that happens for some reason.

Is it me or does it seem like more and more parents are claiming their child has been kidnapped then before? It's like they saw one ridiculous story get someone off so they are going to try it, too.

missing6-JPG.jpg

How precious. I hope and pray they find her unharmed and soon.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/girl,-2,-inside-vehicle-carjacked-in-detroit-20111202

Bianca's great uncle got this story from Lane.

"They pulled the gun out and he was saying 'my baby's in the car.' And they said, 'Hey man, step back. Get out of the way,' said Oliver Nevers. "They just took the car and drove it off."

Nevers explained he was skeptical from the start. He said Lane's account of the carjacking kept changing.

"He [was] having so many different stories … I don't know what to believe now," Nevers told us. "I know him ... well. He [has] been in our family for years, even ever since junior high."

Lane is known to police. He is a felon convicted of possession of cocaine, possession stolen property and a felon in possession of a firearm.

So someone went to the trouble to carjack the car and drove it 3 blocks? The only reason I can think of, if they did that, would be because of the child-but they would have left her in the car.

It doesn't look like it is very far. This map shows A at Custer Street and B on Beaibien Street between Euclid and Philidelphia. About 10 to 15 blocks.

The house where the father lives is several miles from where Bianca's mother lives. Mitchell is north of Seven Mile Road between Dequindre and Ryan. To access I-75, one has to drive across Seven Mile to the freeway entrance. South on I-75 to New Center area (more than one freeway exit to the general vicinity). At 7:30 in the morning, it would have been dark with heavy rush-hour traffic. Probably a 15-20 minute trip depending on traffic, time of day, etc.

This whole story is beginning to stink! Even the alleged "suspect" is suspect. jmo

Where is Bianca?

Last Updated: December 03. 2011 9:47AM.

Mom just wants baby home as police continue search for toddler

Detroit— Bianca Jones wanted desperately to know how to read so the curious two-year-old pretended she could by mimicking the words written on the pages of her books.

She also loved watching PBS and Jeopardy with her mom and carried an old cell phone around and acted as if she were deep in conversation.

"She wanted to be a big girl," said her mom, Banika Jones.

Now, Jones just wants her baby home.

Missing since the car she riding in with her father was allegedly carjacked at gunpoint Friday morning, police have released a composite of the man believed to be involved. A $5,000 award also is being offered to anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest...

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111203...ice-continue-search-for-toddler#ixzz1fU5pSYax

Wow! I've heard some pitiful stories before but this one takes the cake!! Not buying it for a second. I pray that this LE is very good, and will know how to get the truth out of this guy. Bianca is adorable! Such a sweet little face.

Btw, no offense to anyone here but unless this other mom and the dad are legally married, she is not Bianca's "stepmom", she would just be dad's girlfriend. If I were her, I would get the heck out of Dodge and take my own baby with me!

Mom of missing 2-year-old makes a desperate plea for her safe return

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...perate-plea-for-her-safe-return#ixzz1fUDBCdWM
Both the mom and dad were questioned. The mom came home, while as of 11pm Friday night, the dad was still being questioned.

Oh bless. I know a few parents who could learn a thing of two from this mom. Lena Lunsford, Julia B., Deborah Irwin -- take notice. This is what mothers do and say when their children disappear!

MOO

Mel

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...girl/-/1719418/4863614/-/cspr2nz/-/index.html

The address of the house where Bianca's dad lives is 19356 Mitchell. A neighborhood map of Detroit refers to this area as Conant Gardens. A Channel 4 (WDIV) reporter was in front of the house during one of the reports last night. Charming brick homes, well-maintained yards, etc. - totally different from the neighborhood where Bianca's mother lives. In the above video, you can see LE entering the home at 19356 Mitchell. The distance from one home to the other is approximately 6 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russellspencerdowne