Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #3 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For long time posters. Have these crimes of disposing of a child greatly increased as of late? Or is it I am becoming aware? It seems days cant go by without another missing child :banghead:

Here is a link but the study only goes to 2005(1970's-2005)
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/children.cfm

This other link is interesting, detailed study on children killed by parents vs step-parents

http://www.toddkshackelford.com/downloads/Weekes-Shackelford-Shackelford-VV-2004.pdf

Always another missing baby to steal the spotlight away...:( Now it is little Ayla in Maine.

As a local (I live in north-suburban Detroit), I feel that national media slighted the Bianca Jones case. Nancy Grace discussed the case twice on her HLN show, and clips from her program were featured briefly on other HLN newscasts. Other than that, I'm not aware of other national focus on Bianca.

Meanwhile, there is nothing new to report about Bianca, so I guess the media has to move on to fresh cases. Sad that there should be a new missing child to discuss almost daily :( jmo

I'm not sure... I've spent some time in the unidentified forum and Doe network, Namus, and it seems there have always been lots of babies that were thrown away and never missed. Some have been unidentified for decades. Maybe we're just more aware since it's on our radar? Like when you see pregnant women everywhere when you're trying to get pregnant.

I hope so anyway, I'd hate it to be increasing.

As a local (I live in north-suburban Detroit), I feel that national media slighted the Bianca Jones case. Nancy Grace discussed the case twice on her HLN show, and clips from her program were featured briefly on other HLN newscasts. Other than that, I'm not aware of other national focus on Bianca.

Meanwhile, there is nothing new to report about Bianca, so I guess the media has to move on to fresh cases. Sad that there should be a new missing child to discuss almost daily :( jmo

NG featured Bianca's case three times. The first time with D'Andre and his attorney, the second with Banika and then a 3rd with Banika's sister.

I'm not sure what other national media really could have featured the case. Other than AMW, which would be great...AMW might be the only other national media that could really help this case. There is really almost no chance Bianca is out of the city, or even out of the state unless she was taken across the river to Canada. In which case I assume that area of Canada gets local Detroit stations? Kind of like how NW Indiana news makes Chicago news.

It's really up to local media to keep the story covered. Even if it is just information on the new search groups. I'm really disappointed local media isn't interested in featuring info on the resumed search. :( At least that would keep her face in the news and people aware she has not been found, the case has not been solved and there has been no arrest.

jmo

NG featured Bianca's case three times. The first time with D'Andre and his attorney, the second with Banika and then a 3rd with Banika's sister.

I'm not sure what other national media really could have featured the case. Other than AMW, which would be great...AMW might be the only other national media that could really help this case. There is really almost no chance Bianca is out of the city, or even out of the state unless she was taken across the river to Canada. In which case I assume that area of Canada gets local Detroit stations? Kind of like how NW Indiana news makes Chicago news.

It's really up to local media to keep the story covered. Even if it is just information on the new search groups. I'm really disappointed local media isn't interested in featuring info on the resumed search. :( At least that would keep her face in the news and people aware she has not been found, the case has not been solved and there has been no arrest.

jmo

People in Ontario can access local news/radio for Detroit - DH and I have been able to listen to WWJ radio more than half way to Toronto, and all the way to Stratford. Similarly, we can watch the Windsor channel that carries Canadian news, sports, BBC arts, etc.

I strongly doubt that D'Andre took Bianca to Canada because his criminal background would almost certainly preclude entry. I don't see this guy being resourceful enough to coax someone else into disposing of Bianca's remains across the river. jmo

For long time posters. Have these crimes of disposing of a child greatly increased as of late? Or is it I am becoming aware? It seems days cant go by without another missing child :banghead:

I will not say that cases like these were not always happening...but imo....they have increased since a certain somebody, got off for murdering her toddler.
esp. since hiring a lawyer..and clamming up is the new way to "do everything to help LE find the little ones" <eyeroll>

It's so sad to see no new news on Bianca's case.

4 days until Christmas. I hope D'Andre knows when the truth comes out each one of his children will look back at this time and remember what he did and what he said during this time. They will remember this each and every Christmas for the rest of their lives.
Is this the gift D'Andre wishes to give and be remembered by?

Where is Bianca?

I was wondering, are there a lot of homeless people in Detroit? Specifically the area(s) where DL was that morning? I thought maybe, if he disposed of her body in an abandoned building, back alley dumpster, etc., that maybe someone (homeless) might have seen him, and he didn't even realize it. Lots of homeless people become quite adept as making themselves "invisible", trying to avoid being "rousted" by the cops or whatever. If such a person saw him, they may be the type that would avoid reporting it, and may not even realize what is going on and that there is a reward for information. Not that they necessarily saw him with Bianca after she was deceased, maybe they just saw him in a place that he really had no need to be, someplace odd. Hope this makes sense. Maybe the police should go around to shelters, soup kitchens, etc., with a flyer. I feel kind of dumb even saying it, sometimes I have thoughts just pop in my head, have to get them out there :)

I was wondering, are there a lot of homeless people in Detroit? Specifically the area(s) where DL was that morning? I thought maybe, if he disposed of her body in an abandoned building, back alley dumpster, etc., that maybe someone (homeless) might have seen him, and he didn't even realize it. Lots of homeless people become quite adept as making themselves "invisible", trying to avoid being "rousted" by the cops or whatever. If such a person saw him, they may be the type that would avoid reporting it, and may not even realize what is going on and that there is a reward for information. Not that they necessarily saw him with Bianca after she was deceased, maybe they just saw him in a place that he really had no need to be, someplace odd. Hope this makes sense. Maybe the police should go around to shelters, soup kitchens, etc., with a flyer. I feel kind of dumb even saying it, sometimes I have thoughts just pop in my head, have to get them out there :)

Thanks! I love how you are "thinking outside the box"! Sometimes that is what we need to find solutions to otherwise unsolvable problems...in all areas of life...not just in missing persons!:seeya:

Here is a link but the study only goes to 2005(1970's-2005)
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/children.cfm

This other link is interesting, detailed study on children killed by parents vs step-parents

http://www.toddkshackelford.com/downloads/Weekes-Shackelford-Shackelford-VV-2004.pdf

These studies intrigue me. (I have a Masters in Psychology, and I am a life long student in this field, and in many other fields, as well.) It will be interesting to get statistics on filicides right before, during, and after the CA case to see how /if the CA case really did affect filicides, or if we just perceive this to be so. I think it is still too early to tell.

Thank you for these resources! :seeya:

O/T...but...when I chose my WS moniker I chose IHAVENOCLUE (obviously). However, it is becoming more and more evident to me that all capital letters really STANDS OUT, if you know what I mean, and it looks like I am yelling out my "name".:blushing: How do I go about changing it to : Ihavenoclue?

TIA

Poor little Bianca.....I'm afraid that even though forensic evidence indicates that she is deceased, she will continue to be "missing".

This is a really, really good idea. Having spent time volunteering with the homeless, I can honestly say that some of the most observant people I know live on the streets. Once a guy told me, "I got nothin to do but see and hear."

O/T...but...when I chose my WS moniker I chose IHAVENOCLUE (obviously). However, it is becoming more and more evident to me that all capital letters really STANDS OUT, if you know what I mean, and it looks like I am yelling out my "name".:blushing: How do I go about changing it to : Ihavenoclue?

TIA

I think that you need a mods help to do that change.You can email one of them and ask.

TIA

I've never been a moderator at WS, but I think you should contact one of these helpful people by PM or email and ask if you can change your moniker, or if they can do this for you. If no one else has the screen name that you'd like to adopt, I don't see why this can't be done. You should probably amend your password at the same time ;)

Poor little Bianca.....I'm afraid that even though forensic evidence indicates that she is deceased, she will continue to be "missing".

My fear too :( :candle: and of course praying that is not the case :prayer:

I thought I would share this with you regarding murder trials in "No Body Cases".

For over 12 years I was an Assistant United States Attorney in the District of Columbia and I prosecuted homicide cases for most of those years. In January of 2006, I prosecuted the second "no body" murder case tried in D.C. and have been interested in "no body" cases ever since.

If the evidence points to one person and especially when they have blood and DNA evidence along with deceit and everything else that points to a certain person a murder conviction is possible. I hope the DA in this case considers this as a possibility rather than just letting the case go cold. A confession would be great but that seldom happens.

http://nobodycases.com/

Chandler murder trial starts with no body

He's charged with second-degree murder, accused of killing his girlfriend, Jamie Laiaddee, of Chandler.

"There's no blood. There's no hairs. There's no body," said Stewart's attorney, Marie Farney.

But the prosecution said the evidence they do have is enough to convict Stewart of second-degree murder.

Their case is purely circumstantial. Prosecutors pointed out what Laiaddee didn't take when Stewart said she suddenly moved out of state.

"It really doesn't make any sense that Jamie would be leaving if she left things behind such as her glasses, such things as her birth control pills," said Deputy County Attorney Juan Martinez.

http://www.kpho.com/story/15745659/murder-trial-starts-with-no-body

Published: May 24, 2011 Updated: May 26, 2011 4:16 p.m.
No body, but murder trial continues

SANTA ANA &#8211; Robert Lee Vendrick went for a boat ride out of Dana Point Harbor on Valentine's Day 2008 and was never seen again, according to Orange County sheriff's detectives.

Authorities believe the 71-year-old Phoenix man swindled out of more than a $1 million in phony investments, and then murdered him to cover up the crime.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/body-301739-murder-never.html

RE: No body. No case.

In many of the "missing person" cases that I've followed, precious time is lost by LE when parents, spouses, etc. report an individual as "missing" when, in fact, the person might already be deceased and the remains hidden or discarded. We saw this in the Caylee Anthony saga, and, even though little Caylee's remains were eventually retrieved, decomposition was too advanced to accurately determine cause of death.

The 31-day timeline didn't help matters, either: A timeline is only as helpful as those who report the true circumstances of the disappearance. There are currently two high-profile missing children's cases that I've followed to some extent in which I believe that the involved parties concocted timelines to conceal the truth about when their child actually "disappeared", "was abducted", or actually might have died due to an unfortunate accident. Rather than report an accidental death that might implicate themselves, the parents and/or others spin a web of lies to keep LE from finding out what really happened to the child/ren. LE and search parties are sent on a wild-goose chase looking for a missing child when, in fact, the child has been deceased for some time prior to the 9-1-1 call.

Just my :twocents: and moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member