Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #3 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, Cubby. I can't imagine Christmas matters at ALL to him, and that he's living every moment wondering what will happen after Christmas. He's not like a dying grandmother who just wants to be able to live through Christmas because her whole family is gathering, and she's hoping for the gift of being able to be there too.

I just don't see, in a young single man's life, (and he is single) that being arrested right before or right after Christmas would make a particle of difference.

I agree with you. I just don't understand the point of announcing a warrant request which has been undecided to the media or leaking to the media. Unless they thought an announcement would cause D'Andre to break, I don't understand the purpose of the announcement before a decision is made to make an arrest.

It might be different if LE leaked that multiple arrest warrants were pending and had been requested. I could see that, as someone would likely to be eager to make a deal for themself. But to preannounce a single warrant request which hasn't yet been decided makes no sense to me.

jmo

OT, I know, but in the midst of the holiday season, when most children are eagerly awaiting a visit from Santa this weekend, we here at Websleuths continue to hope and pray that Bianca Jones - along with other missing children - is soon located so that this family no longer has to wait and worry about what has happened to her. Please take a few moments this evening to remember beautiful Bianca and other missing children who should be at home with their loved ones.

I came across this video last year when I was looking for variations on the lyrics for this 16th Century French Christmas Carol. I was reminded of it over the weekend in "light" of continuing volunteer searches for Bianca Jones. Again this holiday season, I was enchanted by the music, singing, bell-ringers, and especially the dancers. Enjoy!

Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella - Mormon Tabernacle Choir - YouTube

Come to think of it, I wonder if announcing this request for an arrest warrant has hindered the case. If there is any decrease of tips coming in.

Or if it has led the community to believe LE has the case solved and this case will come to the same grinding halt as Mariha Smith's when erroneous information came out in MSM regarding an arrest in her case which had to do with illegal drugs and not Mariha's murder.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and my worries about DPD are unfounded. :sigh:

jmo

Prosecutor: No charges expected before Christmas in Bianca Jones' disappearance

“The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office is continuing to review the warrant request presented by the Detroit Police Department in connection with the disappearance,” reads a statement from the Prosecutor's Office released Monday. “We do not anticipate having a charging decision this week.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2011/12/prosecutor_no_charges_expected.html

Admittedly, I'm baffled at the advanced notice given to D'Andre about a possible pending arrest.

Anyone recall this type of advance notice when an arrest warrant has yet to be decided on?
I can't think of any cases we've seen this previously.

How nice for D'Andre. What a wonderful Christmas present for him, to know he'll be free for Christmas. How generous for the media, LE and the prosecutors office to be so kind and considerate of D'Andre so he can plan his Christmas accordingly.

Sadly, where will Bianca be for Christmas? :(

BBM

This makes no sense to me either :waitasec: I certainly don't recall anything this long.

I also feel sad that as stated in an earlier post possibly, by the time they find poor Bianca, COD may not be able to be determined. Could D'Andrea really stand a chance of walking away from this? :maddening:

Maybe they are waiting for him to do something else stupid....

~

BBM This makes no sense to me either :waitasec: I certainly don't recall anything this long.

I also feel sad that as stated in an earlier post possibly, by the time they find poor Bianca, COD may not be able to be determined. Could D'Andrea really stand a chance of walking away from this? :maddening:

~

I've made no secret of it here at WS that my primary local news sources are The Detroit News and WDIV, Channel 4, (NBC affiliate). I believe that both are reliable news agencies, unbiased and unsensational in their reporting, and my go-to resources for local news.

That said, WDIV was the first local news outlet to report that D'Andre Lane was, indeed, the subject of the warrant that was presented to the Wayne County Prosecutor. I will be very :( if Channel 4 jumped the gun on this and/or placed too much trust in their "source" in their haste to be first with this "Breaking News" last week. jmo

BBM

This makes no sense to me either :waitasec: I certainly don't recall anything this long.

~

It's cold outside. Temperatures halt things breaking down. Phylicia Barnes went missing just after Christmas last year and wasn't found until April of this year in a river. The ME was still able to determine a COD. (COD wasn't released to the public in Phylicia's case. LE kept it as hold back info.)

While I agree he's stupid he still has 3 years experience in prison. I'm sure he learned a thing or two while incarcerated.

--i still don't see why he outright admitted that "when found, she might have bruising on her legs"-----when he had gone out of his way to downplay his "home-made paddle" and that he was "just a parent being a parent" when he had 'spanked' her the night before.

--sticking with his story of the paddle and how light weight it was you'd think he would have said "when found, you'll see, there won't even be a mark on her"..

--it doesn't make sense to me to contradict himself like that?

It makes me think that she might be able to be recovered somewhere close by. He must not be too confident in his hiding place if he told authorities about the bruising and her 'sickness.'

Another disposable child . . . end of days.

Hug your kids & grandkids . . . love one another!

I've made no secret of it here at WS that my primary local news sources are The Detroit News and WDIV, Channel 4, (NBC affiliate). I believe that both are reliable news agencies, unbiased and unsensational in their reporting, and my go-to resources for local news.

That said, WDIV was the first local news outlet to report that D'Andre Lane was, indeed, the subject of the warrant that was presented to the Wayne County Prosecutor. I will be very :( if Channel 4 jumped the gun on this and/or placed too much trust in their "source" in their haste to be first with this "Breaking News" last week. jmo

I spoke to my step dad who is retired LE with 20 years on the force and retired as chief of police. I had to ask his opinion because this weekly update on an arrest warrent request which hasn't been issued is ridiculous. (jmo)

His thoughts were one of the following. Either the media is making it up. Someone in the prosecutors office leaked something they shouldn't have or someone from DPD leaked something they shouldn't have, and if this information in fact came from either LE or the prosecutor's office someone should be held to task. (JHO)

Perhaps the news of an arrest warrant was sort of leaked but was calculated to warn off the ones who might have been foolish enough to back DL and lie/alibi on his behalf. Maybe some of DL's family/friends will be concerned/scared enough about their own necks to privately meet with LE to "edit" their previous statements.

IMHO

I check all of the local news sources each morning and grow wary that there has been little or nothing about progress in the Bianca Jones case for several days. I hope this doesn't mean that there will never be justice for this beautiful child. Please keep Bianca's family in your thoughts and prayers and remember those who continue to search for the little girl.

OT: For those who will begin celebrating Hanukkah this evening, I wish you and yours a joyful holiday season :menorah: For those of you who don't celebrate the Festival of Lights, I offer this Hanukkah "song" that was originally performed by Adam Sandler, but I like this version by Neil Diamond. Enjoy!

Neil Diamond The Chanukah Song - YouTube

Poor little tot. I think DL chose a place to dispose of her that was neither above or below ground because he did not want her found early on so COD could be determined. In my limited imagination, water was the only other alternative. Water deep enough to hide her tiny body, strong enough to carry her away, and deep enough to destroy all evidence as her body deteriorates. It is difficult to imagine this, so I force myself to close my heart to the possible horrors as I type from another part of my brain.Sweet baby Bianca, what did your daddy do to you. One doesn't need to hide death due to accidents. DL set out determined to keep Bianca's body from knowing eyes and brighter more compassionate minds, which he does not possess.

Wish my theories about the river prove to be wrong. Otherwise, you'd think that she would have been found by now. But he may have had more time to dispose of her, like maybe the night before or during the darkness before that supposed trip in the car and the supposed carjacking "incident".

Poor little innocent. I hope that those who have backed up DL will back down and back out. He needs to be held responsible for Bianca.

IMHO

I'm hoping that the cold water..helps preserve somewhat..
gosh *sigh* when my mind wonders about her perhaps being in that cold dark water..why? why would he do this...was all this really necessary? What did he do to her first...that he could not explain away..so he ditched her. A helpless newly 2yr old.

Come to think of it, I wonder if announcing this request for an arrest warrant has hindered the case. If there is any decrease of tips coming in.
Or if it has led the community to believe LE has the case solved and this case will come to the same grinding halt as Mariha Smith's when erroneous information came out in MSM regarding an arrest in her case which had to do with illegal drugs and not Mariha's murder.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and my worries about DPD are unfounded. :sigh:

jmo

[I]I'm with you :([/I]
Honestly though...I wish people would stop, trying to figure out stuff and just do what's right. Tell what they know..or saw and make their personal feelings known to LE. Imo...alot of these tv shows have ruined the minds of some..when it comes to "real" LE work and 45 minutes worth of scripted programming. *climbs off soapbox*

Where is Bianca?

There is still a $25,000 reward for information on Bianca's disappearance.

Tip line 1-800-SPEAK UP

Tipsters can remain anonymous.

This case has not been solved.
Bianca has not been found.
No one has been arrested.
The person or persons responsible have not been held accountable.

Be an angel this holiday season and call with any information which may help find Bianca and bring her justice!

Bianca, this is for you. :candle: You are in our hearts.

Always another missing baby to steal the spotlight away...:( Now it is little Ayla in Maine.

For long time posters. Have these crimes of disposing of a child greatly increased as of late? Or is it I am becoming aware? It seems days cant go by without another missing child :banghead:

Where is Bianca?

There is still a $25,000 reward for information on Bianca's disappearance.

Tip line 1-800-SPEAK UP

Tipsters can remain anonymous.

This case has not been solved.
Bianca has not been found.
No one has been arrested.
The person or persons responsible have not been held accountable.

Be an angel this holiday season and call with any information which may help find Bianca and bring her justice!

For long time posters. Have these crimes of disposing of a child greatly increased as of late? Or is it I am becoming aware? It seems days cant go by without another missing child :banghead:

To me it appears that way, but it could be the surge in membership here at WS since the Caylee case. WS has grown leaps and bounds since I joined and it may be two things. The increase in membership and daily posts and the Casey fall out effect. Too many idiots out there who think since Casey got away with it they will too. That will last only until the next big case is solved and the parent(s) arrest, charged and convicted.

jmvho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member