GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2

It was one year ago today (a thursday) though it was the 21st...when word came to me about a missing 4 year old boy. I followed the news all day hoping he just wandered off into the woods and got lost, but would be found safe.

By friday afternoon still no sign, so I raced over to Mt. P after work to help search....nothing. Went back on Saturday, and again no luck. Again on Sunday thinking today will be the day we find him! Still nothing.

My heart grew so fond of this little cutie I had never met before, where could he be? When would we find him safe?

We all know how it ended, but I have never loved someone I have never met as much as I do Carnel, not sure what it is/was, but he really touched me like I can't really even describe.

I love you Carnel, I miss your presence here and I hope (Carnel's hope) that you are happy and know how much you are loved!

God please comfort those who truly loved Carnel tomorrow as it will surely be a very hard day.

I can't believe it's been a year. This beautiful child has a very, very special place in my heart and prayers. May the wind take his spirit to the Sun.

I cant believe its been a year and they still haven't had the body released to them so they can lay him to rest,

I think this is what is most unsettling and why no closure.

http://www.themorningsun.com/article/20130813/NEWS01/130819833#full_story

A federal judge will determine whether an Isabella County man facing a murder charge will be tried in Bay City or another location.

United States District Judge Thomas L. Ludington cancelled a hearing that was set for Tuesday in Bay City to hear prosecutors and Anthony Bennett’s defense attorney argue their cases.

Ludington said legal paperwork filed by assistant U.S. attorneys Roy Kranz and Craig Wininger, and Bennett’s Ann Arbor-based defense attorney, John Shea, were sufficient for him to make a decision

Bennett’s trial is scheduled to start in January, but it is not known when Ludington will rule on the motion for a change of venue.

I cant even read that whole story, the headline itself sickens me. I know she is just doing her job, but I'd bet that Carnel would like to live again, I'd bet his family would like to hold him one last time, there are lots of things we would like. You beat, burned and killed a baby Anthony, time to man up and accept your punishment, not hide behind loopholes in the law!

I just re-read through Carnel's threads...wow how many people loved and cared for you Carnel! It's amazing, isn't it? So many people that could and would have helped your mom, and in turn helped you. Why did your pain go unnoticed? Why? There are many people working on that as we speak...someday, someday, people won't be afraid to speak up against violence, and maybe one day, we will meet again. Doesn't take much as far as reading to make me emotional again for you Carnel, I sill love your spirit. I only wish your family could lay you to rest once and for all. I know it's not easy being there in limbo, but remember, it will save other kids one day, I know it!!! One day you will be at true Peace Carnel, I hope that day is soon.

Our justice system is hopelessly broken ...

Snipped from this link:
(this plea is for the attack on the guards, not for Carnel)

A no contest plea is not an admission of guilt but is treated as such for sentencing purposes.

Shortly after Bennett entered the plea, Bay County Circuit Judge Joseph K. Sheeran sentenced him to
36 months to 10 years in prison on the assault on a corrections officer charge;
and 32 months to four years for the second charge, Bay County Assistant Prosecutor J.D. Brooks said.
Sheeran also ordered Bennett to pay a total of $4,500 in fines and $750 in costs, and gave him credit for 453 and 452 days in jail, respectively.
Bennett also pleaded no contest to being a third offense habitual offender, Brooks said.

In exchange for the plea, prosecutors dropped three other charges: one additional count of assaulting a corrections officer, an additional count of assaulting/resisting/obstructing police and one count of malicious destruction of a building.

Restitution for damage to a jail cell when Bennett got into an altercation with a corrections officer in August after arguing with another inmate has already been paid by someone on his behalf, Brooks said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back