GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2

There were so many failures along the road which led to Carnel's murder. Those failures do not solely lay upon his mothers choice to stay with AB. There is a long list of those who failed, prior to Jaimee ever making the acquaintance of the man who has been charged with her sons murder.

I understand the anger at Jaimee, it is rightfully so. Ultimately she made the choice to leave Carnel alone with Bennett and she is responsible for that choice.

What I do not want to see happen is that anger directed at one person and diminishing the repeated failures along the way that led to it taking the murder of a child to lock this dangerous unusual person up. I can't find one credible reason why Bennett shouldn't have been locked up and the key thrown away long before he ever had the opportunity to meet Jaimee and Carnel. And in that sense a great many people failed Carnel.

Now it is time for Jaycee to be charged for allowing her son to be beaten and then ultimately brutally murdered and dismembered and burned and oh yeah buried under their own. As Cubby stated above, all those involved with releasing this monster need to be brought to justice as well.

Thank you cubby for your post. You addressed the issue of public anger towards JC so much more eloquently than I ever could.

Toosie, I think you meant to type Jamiee in your post above.

There were so many failures along the road which led to Carnel's murder. Those failures do not solely lay upon his mothers choice to stay with AB. There is a long list of those who failed, prior to Jaimee ever making the acquaintance of the man who has been charged with her sons murder.

I understand the anger at Jaimee, it is rightfully so. Ultimately she made the choice to leave Carnel alone with Bennett and she is responsible for that choice.

What I do not want to see happen is that anger directed at one person and diminishing the repeated failures along the way that led to it taking the murder of a child to lock this dangerous unusual person up. I can't find one credible reason why Bennett shouldn't have been locked up and the key thrown away long before he ever had the opportunity to meet Jaimee and Carnel. And in that sense a great many people failed Carnel.

Thanks, Cubby. Eloquently stated. Let's hope that some good will come out of this in terms of looking at the bigger picture, what happened, and what needs to change. We don't yet know all that will be set in motion by the death of little Carnel. There’s opportunity to use this horrendous event in a way that is healing. Punishing JC and calling it a day falls short of addressing the issues that are crying to be heard … and that allowed the event to happen.

The indictment may have taken time, but the end results were worth the wait. Aside from the horrendous way in which Carnel died, Bennett is a menace to society. Put him where he can only hurt others of his ilk, should he last so long.

I agree, Jacie, this man was a menace and JC was abused by him. Without starting the whole battered woman syndrome debate, I can have sympathy for her pain on the loss of her son, I can let the tribe and/or justice system deal with her. I can refrain from spreading gossip, rumors and I can refrain from bad-mouthing her.

All that said, :shakehead: She would not be absorbing the loss of her son if she had not left him in the care of that monstrous creature.

Regardless, she will either face charges herself or she won't. If she does not, I can well imagine she will forever be tainted in the eyes of her tribe.

I agree. You don't throw your baby in a pit of gators and blame the gators for what happens. You knew they were gators. :(. Poor Carnel. He never really had a chance.

Thanks, Cubby. Eloquently stated. Let's hope that some good will come out of this in terms of looking at the bigger picture, what happened, and what needs to change. We don't yet know all that will be set in motion by the death of little Carnel. There’s opportunity to use this horrendous event in a way that is healing. Punishing JC and calling it a day falls short of addressing the issues that are crying to be heard … and that allowed the event to happen.

...not to mention the baseball bat. :goodpost: Chella

When will Carnel's family receive his remains?

Thinking of Carnel. He should be bright eyed and running around eagerly awaiting Christmas.

I'm praying the case against Bennet is as much of a slam dunk as the case against Christopher Vaughn.

Justice is coming, Carnel!

One way or another, the universe has a way of repaying us, good or bad.

Content to let karma continue to do her thing.

I keep Carnel in my heart always. Like my partner said, he looks like the child we will never have :(

AB's mom FB page is so wrong. So wrong.

Chamberlain is charged with possessing with intent to deliver less than 50 grams of cocaine on or near school property, possessing with intent to deliver less than 50 grams of heroin on or near school property, and possessing with intent to deliver marijuana.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/12/jaimee_chamberlain_mother_of_d.html

BBM as does this.

any guesses as to who likely choose the location for the "controlled buy"?

I know mine - Petoskey Public Safety Department

Point being, there are those in the community who are outraged over the lack of charges levied against Jaimee over what happened to Carnel, and methinks some pressure has been brought to bear to make sure she gets hers one way if not the other.

Chamberlain is charged with possessing with intent to deliver less than 50 grams of cocaine on or near school property, possessing with intent to deliver less than 50 grams of heroin on or near school property, and possessing with intent to deliver marijuana.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/12/jaimee_chamberlain_mother_of_d.html

BBM as does this.

any guesses as to who likely choose the location for the "controlled buy"?

I know mine - Petoskey Public Safety Department

Point being, there are those in the community who are outraged over the lack of charges levied against Jaimee over what happened to Carnel, and methinks some pressure has been brought to bear to make sure she gets hers one way if not the other.

I think you are right about that. And I am fine with it. Shades of poor Haileigh Cummings. :rose:

Jaimee Chamberlain, 21, was arraigned in Emmet County District Court on Dec. 17 on three felonies in connection with a "controlled buy" executed by the Petoskey Public Safety Department, said Emmet County Prosecutor James Linderman.

BBM this tells me she is and has continued to be all this time, very much on LE radar.

JMO, maybe not. Another possibility: Her arrest could have been the result of someone getting busted and turning her in.... That's not uncommon with drug busts. Narcotics officers want the bigger dealers.

I wonder if Jaimee will now turn over her supplier(s)?

I had really hoped Carnel's murder was her bottom. It apparently was not.

What a waste, repeatedly. :banghead: :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back