GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2

Can someone please explain the drug charges against Jaimee? What exactly are the quantity or weight cut off's in Michigan? Is there anything lower than "less than 50 grams" say, is it grouped by same way such as 10's, 25's? Something close to 50 grams sounds very large to me.

Is Emmet County a tough county?

Did anyone notice just how far Emmet County is from Isabella county? It's about a 170 miles and just under a 3 hour drive. Emmet County is about as far north as one can get in the lower penninsula. The distance leads me to believe this wasn't a result of local pressure.

I don't think I can even find words for what I think of Jaimee not just using but dealing and not just small quantities. I'll just say she isn't as despondent over the loss of her son as I thought she might be if she is capable of traveling more than 150 miles and close to 3 hours to deal. :furious:

And to think if she had not been arrested, she might not be clean and sober enough to testify as a witness in her sons murder trial. Or worse, she might have od'd and been dead. Hopefully she won't have as much access to narcotics on the inside as she does on the outside.

That said, I have to sit on my hands or risk a TO.

I wonder if she was doing this when she had custody of Carnel?

For someone dealing I would imagine there is a network of dealers and sers which don't confine themselves to one city or county. People in the drug world are associated and affiliated with a lot of others in the drug world.

And as Cubby points out, it would seem that there were possibly sizeable quantities involved. Sizeable enough to make the profit involved large enough to drive that distance to deliver to the "buyer".

MOO.

I do not know that a small time dealer would handle those quatities at once or normally stray from their territory and regular customers. Druggies and dealers are a suspicious lot. But the temptation of a bigger profit could temp someone to deal in larger than their normal quantities to someone they did not know as well, and yes, even drive some distance to do so.

IMO she may be associating with a "new" crowd of local drug friends and she took the bait which was offered. Perhaps part of a multijurisdictional sting.

From AmandaReckonwith's photo bucket above:

12-12JaimeeChamberlain.jpg
Jaimee Leona-Louise Chamberlain

I assume this is Jaimee's booking photo? She's smiling in her booking photo? Where is the still shaking my head smilie?

I don't think those blood shot eyes are from crying, her mascara and eyeliner isn't smeared.

As I sit here and ponder all of this... including the other options Jaimee had with those drugs, I think about those who were aware Jaimee was endangering and neglecting her son, but had too much fear of losing him to another family to act.

I do not blame them, but I find myself praying to God no child will ever die again due to those aware fear to report. Even if that means reporting and getting a child out of a dangerous situation and into a home other than with family.

Please, everyone, if you know a child is being abused, endangered or neglected, report it. Report it even if that child is being abused by a family member. Report it even if it means the child might go to a foster home other than family. It might save a childs life.

Very very sad to see how events have unfolded here. Sad and angry.

Question: for those of you who previously defended Jaimee. Is she still a victim in your eyes as it relates to Carnel's death?

Question: for those of you who previously defended Jaimee. Is she still a victim in your eyes as it relates to Carnel's death?

Ah Knox ... I'm responding to your question with respect. Of course she's a victim in my eyes. The "system" is broken in many ways. Did AB get the parenting he needed to thrive as a child? Did Jaimee as a child learn respect for herself and women? Were they themselves abused as chldren? Or it could be that the major issue is addiction. Addicts do terrible things when using that they wouldn't do sober. Most likely Jaimee needs treatment. I wonder if she was in a treatment center after AB was jailed or if that was just a rumor.

From comments I've seen on FB pages/groups, drugs are rampant in that area with lots of young people. Drugs and money. Education, not so much. She'll have consequences for her actions but locking her up won't solve the bigger problem. Carnel's death opened my heart in a big way ... as it did with many of us. I've been hopeful that something good would come of this situation. I don't know where KC stands with using this for the greater good. But I can tell you, my heart cries for everyone.

Peace,
Chella

Thank you Chella, that was much more elequent than I could have written.

Sometimes the addiction and mental illness 'debate' here makes me incredibly uncomfortable, so thank you for your excellent post, Chella. Both addiction and mental illness left untreated are very debilitating diseases. I'm just not sure everyone understands and recognizes them as diseases. By everyone, I mean an everyone in general. Not any individual poster or reader.

I'm greatly disappointed Jaimee is not seeking treatment for her disease. Yes, I still see her as a victim with regards to her sons murder.

Both addiction and mental illness left untreated are very debilitating diseases.

Thanks, Cubby, for mentioning mental illness ... which I neglected to mention. As you've already said, how could AB have slipped through the cracks - with all of his mental health issues?!

I don't see her as a victim but I have a hard time seeing her as a perpetrator. I have a feeling she feels great remorse over allowing the monster around her child. I think she is actively punishing herself with extremely self destructive behaviors and I think that she will pay for what happened to Carnel, if not by the legal system, then at her own hands.

And I agree with Cubby and Chella that drug addiction and physical abuse play a huge role in forming the situation in which Carnel paid with his life. To me that is sad all around.

I can spare empathy for Jamiee and yet not sympathy. I struggle with my feelings about this mother.

I'm not surprised by JC/s arrest, but my opinion of her level of responsibility hasn't changed. I do have sympathy for the victims of childhood abuse and neglect and for the emotional pain survivors endure. The following is based on my Google research and my conclusions are MOO and are NOT based on any scientific or professional expertise on my part. Studies indicate that roughly a third of survivors go on to offend themselves. These studies are retroactive in that they begin with a group of offenders and trace their histories. There are some studies which follow victims and compare the percentage of those in the study group who become abusive in adult life against a control group. These studies do not indicate a significantly higher percentage of offenders among the victims followed than found in the control groups. These are long term studies and very few have been made so these findings are far from established fact.

I'm pretty sure there is a correlation between the horrific childhoods AB and JC endured and their eventual criminal behavior, but for the good of society, we have to hold them accountable for their adult choices and actions. I do feel pity for the children they once were, but they are ultimately responsible for the crimes they've committed as adults. From her own words, we know that JC not only allowed a man with a violent history into her son's life but was fully aware of the ongoing abuse and went along with it. I can't get past what she herself admits. All MOO.

Things don't happen in a vacuum; I still wonder why Jaimee was raised by her auntie and uncle as a child? What were the circumstances that precipitated that.

To answer your question, I have compassion for her.

Ah Knox ... I'm responding to your question with respect. Of course she's a victim in my eyes. The "system" is broken in many ways. Did AB get the parenting he needed to thrive as a child? Did Jaimee as a child learn respect for herself and women? Were they themselves abused as chldren? Or it could be that the major issue is addiction. Addicts do terrible things when using that they wouldn't do sober. Most likely Jaimee needs treatment. I wonder if she was in a treatment center after AB was jailed or if that was just a rumor.

From comments I've seen on FB pages/groups, drugs are rampant in that area with lots of young people. Drugs and money. Education, not so much. She'll have consequences for her actions but locking her up won't solve the bigger problem. Carnel's death opened my heart in a big way ... as it did with many of us. I've been hopeful that something good would come of this situation. I don't know where KC stands with using this for the greater good. But I can tell you, my heart cries for everyone.

Peace,
Chella

I completely agree with you Chella; until people understand the Cycle of Violence, as it relates to DV, then there will continue to be Jaimees and Carnels. smh

I'm trying to find a schedule for a cartoon channel that shows the "Adventure Time" cartoon in the US. Jaimee says Carnel was watching Adventure Time when she left for work. This is something that can be verified so I'm trying to do it but I can't find any schedules. Help?

GRACE: OK. So you`re working as a waitress. You last see him at 3:45, and at that time, Jaimee, what was he doing?

CHAMBERLAIN: When I left last time, he was laying in my back bedroom watching me get ready for work while he was watching cartoons. That`s the last time I seen him was when he was watching "Adventure Time"! That was the last time I seen him, when I left for work, he was in my bedroom, and everything was fine! And then I left. And then that`s why -- you know, I called him, and then that`s when I found out about everything going on.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/29/ng.01.html

Adventure Time airs on Cartoon Network "CN" at 3:30 pm eastern on Thursdays. Carnel went missing on a Thursday. MI is eastern time.

Here is a link to the CN television schedule.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/schedule/index.html?atclk_gn=gn_link_tvschedule

hth

ETA: If the above link is the same line up as the day Carnel went missing, then yes, Jaimee was telling the truth about what was airing on CN when she left for work as the show would have been on at 3:45 pm like she said.

I see Jaimee as a victim, but not as a victim in her son's death. In that specific case, I see her as an enabler.

I was raped and molested as a very young child, and it went on for a few years, with regularity. So I was a victim of abuse, incest and Domestic Violence. I was a victim.

But I would NEVER have allowed someone to slap my child or punch them or shove them around. And my being a childhood abuse survivor would NOT make it okay to sit back and allow that to happen.

If we give Jaimee a pass, then why not give Carnel's killer a pass. I bet he was abused too. And what about the thousands of rapists and pedophiles doing time, that were also abused in childhood. Does everyone get to be labeled as a victim and given a pass?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back