Found Deceased MI - Cole Zielinski, Saginaw Bay, 30 May 2021

While looking thru his FB, I thought about how much he looks like my next door neighbor.

AND then... I saw the post about the Tree service company.
My next door neighbor owns a tree Service Company.

that just gave me chills... he looks just like him.

Let's add to that ...
IF he had a life jacket on, he would FLOAT--he would not be under water...he would FLOAT
He would be seen.
So--either he did NOT have a life jacket on or there were cement blocks weighing him down.

I am not blaming anyone, just an observation and knowledge about life jackets
JMO-- from living on a lake all my life
""Although Zielinski had his life jacket on, Rant said he was nowhere to be seen when she thought she got closer to him.
Fiancé of missing man last seen in the Saginaw Bay not giving up hope (abc12.com)

Mr. Carbuff and I canoe regularly, always with life jackets.

One thing I've noticed out on the water is that it's very easy to get disoriented, especially in dim light. We'll maneuver around an obstacle in the water, and I'll expect to be going one direction but Mr. Carbuff will be steering us in what I think is the wrong direction, until I look around and locate landmarks on the shore. And there have been a couple of times when the shore is tree-lined and there aren't many distinguishing features where we've found ourselves going backwards for quite a while before we re-orient ourselves.

So I'm wondering if "thought she got closer to him" means she might not have been going the direction she thought she was.

You can get hypothermic very quickly in 64 degree water.
But it'd take while....I'm a diver.
64°F will make you cold after a bit, but he wasn't in the water anywhere near long enough...only a few minutes before he disappeared.

Plus the water was quite shallow? 5-6 feet.

It's all so odd.

I'm now starting to wonder if there was an argument and his girlfriend ran him over with the boat, causing unconsciousness?

Or maybe there's a whole other story?!

Perhaps the dog didn't jump in.

Perhaps nefarious happenings went on, and Cole was pushed overboard already unconscious? Without a liefejacket....

MOO.

But it'd take while....I'm a diver.
64°F will make you cold after a bit, but he wasn't in the water anywhere near long enough...only a few minutes before he disappeared.

Plus the water was quite shallow? 5-6 feet.

It's all so odd.

I'm now starting to wonder if there was an argument and his girlfriend ran him over with the boat, causing unconsciousness?

Or maybe there's a whole other story?!

Perhaps the dog didn't jump in.

Perhaps nefarious happenings went on, and Cole was pushed overboard already unconscious? Without a liefejacket....

MOO.
BBM
Yes... my first thought was maybe he was run over by boat or hit on the head with something to knock him out, however, IF he did have a life jacket on and was hit over head, he would still float.
If unconscious and pushed overboard, NO lifejacket, then possibly drowned.

WTH happened out there ???

The story just doesn't add up. I'm not buying it.....the bit about the dog jumping in, the bit about Cole disappearing underneath the water with a lifejacket on.....none of it.

If his body is ever found, I'd be interested to know if it has blunt force trauma anywhere near the head or neck.

Wow, Roger Nickel, a volunteer has been arrested.

Then early Thursday morning, Bay County deputies were called to the Speedway off of Wilder Road in Bay City. That’s where police said they found Nickel acting “erratic” -- allegedly throwing trash cans and vandalizing the property.

On Thursday afternoon, Nickel was charged with assaulting, resisting and obstructing police.

Bay County volunteer searching for missing boater arrested
Yikes! What the literal hell?

We are boaters. Nothing in this story makes sense. Living in Michigan, boating accidents make the news and this one is a bit off. I am not saying it wasn’t an accident, but if it was the story does not add up. Questions I have are...did Cole usually wear a life jacket on his boat in shallow, reportedly calm water? Boats have ropes. Why not toss a rope to him when he fell in, wearing a life jacket in shallow water? Ok, his girlfriend is a victim here, I know. But I really hope they are looking at the other possibilities in this case.
MOO

Also grew up on an (inland) lake in Michigan.

This is all kinds of hinky. He looks fit, the water wasn't that cold, it was calm, and not that deep.

I could be way off base, but right now, I'm thinking foul play.

MOO

No life jacket.....well, his girlfriend said he was wearing one.
I can't believe a liefejacket would come off, either.....

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't wearing any. I think in this situation, many people feel embarrassed/ashamed of not following basic safety and lie about it so they don't look bad. I'm not blaming/shaming. I don't know if I'd put on a life jacket for a quick boat ride either.

Also not totally taking foul play off the table.

Autopsies are good at telling truths....

Re the lifejacket.

I am not at all a great swimmer. I had a very scary incident when I was a kid that I thought I was going to drown. I don't like sticking my head under water ever. I spent a lot of time on the water on boats, sometimes doing really stupid stuff, and I'll be honest. I rarely wore a life jacket. Very, very rarely.

Re the lifejacket.

I am not at all a great swimmer. I had a very scary incident when I was a kid that I thought I was going to drown. I don't like sticking my head under water ever. I spent a lot of time on the water on boats, sometimes doing really stupid stuff, and I'll be honest. I rarely wore a life jacket. Very, very rarely.

I don't like wearing them, and I'm confident in the water, can swim and am also a scuba diver.

I don't like wearing them as they're too big and bulky.

I wish his girlfriend told the truth and said he wasn't wearing a liefjacket at the beginning instead of saying he was.....at least the story would have made a bit more sense.

Although there are still several details that are "off"......IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back