MI - Former US Gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar Charged With CSA *Guilty*

Moving along quickly. Prosecution has finished; Defense has finished. Nasser is speaking now. Was brief.

Judge speaking now.

4 considerations: liklihood can be reformed; need to protect society; appropriate sentence, deter others from similar conduct.

no facts to show defendant can be reformed .. in fact, the opposite.
Not convinced he truly understands what he did was wrong and the devastating impactt on victims, their families/friends.

On need to protect society: society needs to be protected. Responsibukity of this court is to exercise the authority the court has to protect society.’’

Appropriate sentencing: his conduct has robbed many victims of sbikity to trust. Because of the grooming. Parents have anxiety over their ability to protect their children. Many health and mental health concerns for victims and their families. Each victim suffers from some oevel of PTS. Conduct of his colleagues has shaken their faith. Physical injuies ere either not treated or treated improperly — some will have lifelong difficulties. Physical and emotional harm victims areall over the country and the world. Some victims have still not been heard from.

Judge continues:

what is appropriate punishment? From eyes of court and judgment, role is to determine appropriate consequence. You have been pampered and lived a high style life. You will be left to be locked up.

Detering othes from this tyoe of conduct: Sentence must send a message. Using your oosition to gain their confidence and then betray them— the result will be you will spend the rest of your life in prison. Not accurate defendant can face life. If life, he would be elgible for parole at some point. Considering her analysis of sentencing goals, comments, and more..

SENTENCE OF THIS COURT, 40-125 YEARS IN Mich Dept of Corrections
if ever released, just register under Michigan Sexual Defender awct; GPS monitoring, HIV testing, court costs, lifetime electronic monitoring, restitution is left open for adjustment.

can appeal within 42 days. (I believe it was 42)

court is finished.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...lly-abusing-girls-at-michigan-gymnastics-club

Sentenced 40-125 years in prison

see website for video of Nasser’s statement:
He spoke before his final sentence Monday morning:
"The words expressed by everyone that has spoken including the parents have impacted me to my innermost core," he said. With that being said, I understand and acknowledge that it pales in comparison to the pain, trauma and emotions that you all are feeling. It's impossible to convey the depth and breadth of how sorry I am to each and every one involved. The visions of your testimonies will forever be present in my thoughts."

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...entenced-40-125-years-eaton-county/306237002/

It's the third decades-long prison sentence he's received since Dec. 7, this one on three charges of sexually assaulting girls during medical appointments at Twistars gymnastics club in Dimondale.
“When a crime involves a child, when it involves an adult harming an defenseless child, it is only natural to think in terms of an eye for an eye and to want revenge,” Judge Cunningham said.
“You are a doctor, you took an oath to do no harm and you have harmed over 256 women and that is beyond comprehension.”

Nassar, 54, formerly of Holt, was sentenced in December to 60 years in prison on three federal child *advertiser censored* charges. In January, he was sentenced to 40 to 175 years on seven sexual assault charges in Ingham County. Nassar had pleaded guilty to both the federal and state charges as part of plea agreements.
He must serve the entirety of his federal sentence before he can serve any time on the state sentences, which he will serve at the same time.

Geddert facing criminal probe amid Nassar scandal

The Eaton County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a criminal investigation into John Geddert, a former USA Gymnastics coach who oversaw an elite Michigan club where multiple victims of disgraced former doctor Larry Nassar trained.

Jerri Nesbitt, an executive assistant for the sheriff, confirmed to The Detroit News that the office has ongoing probe, but she declined to release other details.

“We have had people coming forward, and our investigation is ongoing, but we are not commenting further,” Nesbitt said...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...estigating-geddert-amid-complaints/110155844/

Ex-Olympic coach Geddert facing criminal investigation
John Geddert faces criminal investigation

LANSING, Mich. - Former U.S. Olympic women's gymnastics team coach John Geddert is facing a criminal investigation after complaints were filed following the sentencing of disgraced ex-sports doctor Larry Nassar, who molested girls at Geddert's elite gymnastics club in Michigan.

The Eaton County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday that people recently come forward with complaints against Geddert. The office declined to elaborate on the number of complaints or their nature, citing the ongoing investigation...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/ex-olympic-coach-geddert-facing-criminal-investigation

Ex-Olympic coach Geddert facing criminal investigation
John Geddert faces criminal investigation

LANSING, Mich. - Former U.S. Olympic women's gymnastics team coach John Geddert is facing a criminal investigation after complaints were filed following the sentencing of disgraced ex-sports doctor Larry Nassar, who molested girls at Geddert's elite gymnastics club in Michigan.

The Eaton County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday that people recently come forward with complaints against Geddert. The office declined to elaborate on the number of complaints or their nature, citing the ongoing investigation...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/ex-olympic-coach-geddert-facing-criminal-investigation

Good.

Support for investigation of US Olympic Committee grows after Nassar sentencings

WASHINGTON - Six Republicans and 12 Democratic lawmakers have signed onto legislation to establish a special committee to investigate the U.S. Olympic Committee and USA Gymnastics handling of sexual abuse allegations against former sports doctor Larry Nassar...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...mpic-committee-grows-after-nassar-sentencings

Wow, I missed this news from Friday:

Valeri Liukin quits as coordinator of U.S. women’s gymnastics team

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ordinator-u-s-women-s-gymnastics-team-n844141

Liukin stepped down Friday, citing stress from "the present climate." A former Soviet Olympic champion and the father of 2008 U.S. gold-medal winner Nastia Liukin — he had been the coordinator since September 2016, when he took over from famed coach Marta Karolyi.

If you recall....

During a sentencing hearing for Nassar earlier this month, former national team member Mattie Larson singled out Liukin by name, saying he made her feel "completely invisible" when she was competing. "It troubles me that he is now in that position, and I hope for the sake of current and future national team members, that he has changed," she said.

Rhonda Faehn, the women’s program director, said that USA Gymnastics has decided not to compete at meets in Canada and Italy that have been staples on the calendar.

USA Gymnastics canceled a national team training camp last month after the federation cut ties with the Karolyi ranch, where some of the abuse occurred. There will be no formal camp this month, but there will be a competition-like event Feb. 24-25 at LSU for any senior-level gymnasts interested in competing at World Cup events in Stuttgart, Germany; London; and Tokyo; as well as the alternate spot for the American Cup.

Gymnasts will be required to be chaperoned by someone other than their coaches at four upcoming events. “Each athlete will be required to have a chaperone with them, other than their coach,” Faehn wrote. “This individual can be a parent or guardian, a grandparent, another relative, etc. Each athlete and coach will be responsible for setting up their own arrangements ie. flight and hotel.”

Athletes selected for the international World Cups also will be required to bring a chaperones, though USA Gymnastics will cover their flight and hotel expenses. “If a parent or designated guardian is not able to attend, USA Gymnastics will provide a safe sport certified female chaperone,” Faehn wrote.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-events-after-sexual-abuse-scandal/305248002/

A lot of the current elite gymnasts have been posting #wst for we stand together on instagram. I've read some of their posts about the fear that their dreams and goals will be lost in all of this. I feel horrible that the abuse happened, I just hope gymnasts like Ragan, Morgan, Ashton, Jade, Jordan and all the others still get to pursue their hopes and dreams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

A lot of the current elite gymnasts have been posting #wst for we stand together on instagram. I've read some of their posts about the fear that their dreams and goals will be lost in all of this. I feel horrible that the abuse happened, I just hope gymnasts like Ragan, Morgan, Ashton, Jade, Jordan and all the others still get to pursue their hopes and dreams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I follow a lot of them on IG too and follow Ashton on IG and SC. I haven't seen her in the gym at all lately, which surprised me, or she stopped taking SC videos inside her gym, I don't know.

USA Gymnastics sets up fund for Nasser victims

Indianapolis – USA Gymnastics has established a fund that it says is designed to assist gymnasts who were victims of former sports doctor Larry Nassar.

The organization’s president, Kerry Perry, says the agency wants to provide the financial support for girls and young women to access counseling and mental health services.

The Athlete Assistance Fund was announced Wednesday. It’s in cooperation with the National Gymnastics Foundation.

Investigators said Nassar molested numerous girls and women while claiming to be treating them for injuries. Many of the victims were gymnasts...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/08/doctor-sexual-assault-fund/110217158/

Father who rushed Larry Nassar at sentencing will donate money to charity

The father of three victims of former doctor Larry Nassar, who rushed Nassar in court during his sentencing last week, will donate money donated to him back to charity.

Randy Margraves stood by his daughters in court last week before charging and lunging at Nassar, coming just short of making contact with him.

A fundraiser appeared online to pay for his possible court costs.

In a statement Thursday, Margraves says he will donate the money to charity...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...r-at-sentencing-will-donate--money-to-charity

Sen. Stabenow: Give me 'five minutes' with Larry Nassar

CHARLOTTE, Mich. - U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow says it's too bad that court officers stopped a Michigan man from punching disgraced sports doctor Larry Nassar.

Stabenow says she "would have liked five minutes" with Nassar, a reference to what Randy Margraves told a judge last week before sheriff's deputies stopped him from rushing at the serial sexual abuser...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/sen-stabenow-give-me-five-minutes-with-larry-nassar

204 impact statements, 9 days, 2 counties, a life sentence for Larry Nassar
Over nine days between two counties, 204 victims of Larry Nassar's abuse gave their testimonies. Here are their voices.

Over nine days between two counties, 204 victims of Larry Nassar's abuse gave their victim impact statements in courtrooms in Ingham and Eaton counties. They came from around the nation to face their abuser in person, virtually or through letters. Many brought photos of themselves at the ages they became victims.

Nassar had a pattern with many of his victims. The young women testified he asked them to change out of their leotards or leggings and into loose-fitting running shorts. He then inserted his fingers into their vaginas, and sometimes their anuses, without gloves, lubricant or consent. He also touched some of their breasts and showed signs of sexual arousal during sessions that were to treat the young girls’ backs, ankles and other pains. In some cases, their parents were in the room.

On the final day, 37-year-old victim Larissa Boyce turned to the media and said, "Don't forget the truths you've heard these past few weeks ... together we are stronger, together let's be the change we wish to see in this world."

The women sought to do just that as they delivered their statements before Nassar. Here are some of those words, and their stories...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...unties-life-sentence-larry-nassar/1066335001/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back