GUILTY MI - Four children, ages 4-19, slain, mom injured, Dearborn Heights, 21 Sept 2016

Mom of slain kids: ‘My dear babies, I love you all’

Oralandar Brand-Williams, The Detroit News 12:05 p.m. EDT September 30, 2016

A packed crowd said their goodbyes Friday to four Dearborn Heights children allegedly killed by their mother’s husband.

Faith Harris-Green read a letter during the funeral at Detroit First Church of the Nazarene in Farmington Hills. She praised her children and described each child’s personality. It said, in part, “I know your love,” and “my dear babies I love you all. You were always unique in your own way.” ...

Harris-Green called her son “my little big man” and one who liked to build things and gave her tight hugs. She remembered Kara as a go-getter. Koi loved dressing up. Harris-Green called her Princess Koi and said she loved being the center of attention. She added Kaleigh was joined at Koi’s hip.

Chadney Allen Sr., the father of Kara and Chadney, also spoke, saying sadly his loss “is going to be hard the rest of my days.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ral-set-slain-dearborn-heights-kids/91313202/

Perp never should have been released from prison :stormingmad: Now, he has an attorney who wants a mental competency test :rolleyes: This murderer knew exactly what he was doing! Cold, calculated, methodical, evil human being :devil:

I stand with you BetteDavisEyes. You always see the "big picture" and mitigating factors. Your posts are always not only insightful but full of compassion and kindness.

That a judge contributed to this by denying a protection order is unconscionable and so heart breaking to even read about it.

I have said this before and I truly mean it - the judge who denied the protection order needs to be charged with at least endangering children.

Until judges are held accountable for their actions we will continue to read about previously convicted violent persons who are released or
do not have protection orders against them. Of course I understand that protection orders alone will never prevent these atrocities from
occurring. However - when a judge has information and evidence in front of him/her demonstrating the violent behavior of the
person standing in front of him/her this absolutely needs to be taken with great seriousness.

The police are remarkable and I know that they feel disheartened and disgusted by these scenarios where they provide all the information to the
Courts and the judges fail the victims.

I have two relatives who are judges and they know how I feel and they agree with me. We have discussed other cases wherein children and parents
have been murdered - when the judges release the perpetrators or do not bother to take the evidence into consideration.

As I believe that each member of the community has a role to play - the judges need to be held accountable for their actions when horrid
situations like this happen.

I feel that if the judge had take the time to see the whole picture then this may not have happened. maybe it still would have happened but to deny
a protection order is ludicrous and criminal in itself.

Of course I agree that this man was a "monster" but there were clues and others did see it as well.

Sorry I have ranted but I do believe where there are factors to prevent these types of things happening - we need to work more on domestic
violence and judges need to be part of the solution.

I am not looking for people to "blame" - I am looking at prevention prevention prevention! Which I know does happen often with parole officers as well
as judges. We just need to have it more often, in my opinion - prevention that is!

Prayers go out to the mother and other family members. Rest in Peace dear wonderful little children. My heart is so saddened by this.

Psychiatric evaluation ordered for Gregory Green

Oralandar Brand-Williams, The Detroit News 12:24 p.m. EDT October 5, 2016

Dearborn Heights — Gregory Green, the man charged in the slayings of his two children and two stepchildren, was ordered by a judge Wednesday to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

Green’s defense attorney, Charles Longstreet II, sought the exam. It could delay future proceedings about three to four months to allow time for the mental competency examination. He also will be evaluated for competency to stand trial and competency to waive his Miranda rights...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ney-assert-insanity-defense-hearing/91600190/

Man urged parole of killer charged in grandkids’ deaths

Holly Fournier and Oralandar Brand-Williams, The Detroit News 11:08 a.m. EDT October 5, 2016

A Southfield man whose daughter was forced to watch the brutal killings of her children last month had lobbied a decade ago for the parole of the very suspect now accused in the quadruple slayings, records show.

Fred Harris, a pastor and civil rights activist, had pressed for the release of Gregory Green, who was imprisoned for killing his then-wife and unborn child in 1991, according to documents obtained by The Detroit News from the Michigan Department of Corrections.

Green is now accused of shooting his current wife — Harris’ daughter, Faith Harris-Green — and killing her four children...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2016/10/04/suspect-remorse/91559680/

Man urged parole of killer charged in grandkids’ deaths

Holly Fournier and Oralandar Brand-Williams, The Detroit News 11:08 a.m. EDT October 5, 2016

A Southfield man whose daughter was forced to watch the brutal killings of her children last month had lobbied a decade ago for the parole of the very suspect now accused in the quadruple slayings, records show.

Fred Harris, a pastor and civil rights activist, had pressed for the release of Gregory Green, who was imprisoned for killing his then-wife and unborn child in 1991, according to documents obtained by The Detroit News from the Michigan Department of Corrections.

Green is now accused of shooting his current wife — Harris’ daughter, Faith Harris-Green — and killing her four children...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2016/10/04/suspect-remorse/91559680/

From your link Bette:

“Gregory and I were friends before his mishap and he was incarcerated,” Harris wrote on Aug. 17, 2005. “I feel he has paid for his unfortunate lack of self control and the damage he has caused as much as possible and is sorry. This will not restore the lives that were taken; he will carry that with him for the rest of his life.

his mishap????

How will this woman go on... those 4 innocent kids... ugh...

Pleaded guilty. Haven't watched yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite honestly, I did not expect this. But I am glad no one has to suffer through a trial that attempts to make light of his crimes and the family who loves these children.

I just watched it. Was that the mom, FG, in the courtroom?

Quite honestly, I did not expect this. But I am glad no one has to suffer through a trial that attempts to make light of his crimes and the family who loves these children.
Amen to this.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

The mothers strength was amazing. I embrace her with peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back