MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How small is a small amount of blood (has it been said anywhere?) A punch to the face/nose/head would probably lead to more than a small amount, unless the amount is just what landed on the surface at Exxon and the rest is somewhere else. Thinking as I type here....

How small is a small amount of blood (has it been said anywhere?) A punch to the face/nose/head would probably lead to more than a small amount, unless the amount is just what landed on the surface at Exxon and the rest is somewhere else. Thinking as I type here....

and it's possible if there is more blood that it could be on her clothing and in the van.

Could it have simply been an accident? It might be possible that someone pulling in for gas didn't see her and hit her with their car. If she fell and hit her head, she could have been knocked out. They wouldn't have even had to hit her hard, she would have just had to fall right. There may not even be any damage on the car. I watched this happen to a woman at my daughter's school a few years ago. The guy barely tapped her with his car and she fell backwards and was out cold from hitting her head on the pavement. There was no damage on his car at all and she had a concussion but fully recovered. Maybe the person panicked and for some reason took her instead of calling for help?

regarding the blood on the ground... perhaps the perp was behind her, holding a knife close to her neck/face/etc. and it accidentally cut her a little bit, then when he was getting her into the van, he changed the angle of the knife he was holding and the blood ran off the knife onto the cement? could have been a small cut (let's hope). or it could have been from bashing against the van somehow. i would LOVE for the blood to be the perps tho! but if the perp is someone who has never been caught for crimes before... how would they be able to figure out who the blood belonged to?

thinking out loud here.

Could it have simply been an accident? It might be possible that someone pulling in for gas didn't see her and hit her with their car. If she fell and hit her head, she could have been knocked out. They wouldn't have even had to hit her hard, she would have just had to fall right. There may not even be any damage on the car. I watched this happen to a woman at my daughter's school a few years ago. The guy barely tapped her with his car and she fell backwards and was out cold from hitting her head on the pavement. There was no damage on his car at all and she had a concussion but fully recovered. Maybe the person panicked and for some reason took her instead of calling for help?

I don't know, but I think if it happened that way and the person panicked, I think they would have taken off without her, like a hit and run, because if this person took her, why not then go to a hospital? It would be way worse if she happen to pass away in their vehicle, then he would have to dispose of the body, then it would look like murder, not an accident, and if it were an accident, why make it be a murder or negligent homicide with the body in possession?

Ryan Takeo ‏@ryantakeo WOOD-TV
@nspdchiefshaw on #jessicaheeringa blood development: "We've got to find her fast." It confirms abduction, struggle.

Crazy crazy week and now I am way behind with no time to catch up.

Anyone want to give me the basics of whats been happening? Any developments? Whats happening with the blood?

Crazy crazy week and now I am way behind with no time to catch up.

Anyone want to give me the basics of whats been happening? Any developments? Whats happening with the blood?

The blood was in a small amount that they could get a DNA sample that is confirmed to be Jessica's.

Does anybody know if the blood was found on the ground? If LE has not stated exactly where the blood was found and on what it was found on, I am wondering if there was an instrument left behind that had Jessica's blood on it? My Opinion Only.....

It would be helpful if someone could assemble addresses and dates of reports of lurkers to the south of the city. Video of these places could be searched for a plate number.

Does anybody know if the blood was found on the ground? If LE has not stated exactly where the blood was found and on what it was found on, I am wondering if there was an instrument left behind that had Jessica's blood on it? My Opinion Only.....

Quoting myself here....I found an article from www.mlive.com that states that police are not releasing where the location of the blood was found.

Occam's razor.

Police determined the small amount of blood that was collected by investigators and sent to the Michigan State Police crime lab is Heeringa’s.

Police announced that information in a press release shortly before 1 p.m. today, May 8.

Police are not releasing the location where the blood was found at this time.
www.mlive.com

How does someone sit in a parking lot across the road from where an abduction takes place, sees the van but doesn't witness the abduction? Doesn't call 911? But remembers enough about THAT PARTICULAR VAN AT THAT EXACT MOMENT IN TIME? And just happens to be a co worker of Jessica's? HUH? The more I learn about this case the more confused I become. I am really losing my faith in the common sense of the average citizen here.

This is the million dollar question.

To create the sketch, investigators worked with a witness who saw the man — described as about 30-40 years old, about 6 feet tall, and wearing a bright red or orange shirt — near the Exxon Mobil in Norton Shores, police said.

“This witness did not see a struggle,” Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw said today. “She did not see somebody getting placed in the back of the van.”

She saw the van and person, and called police when she heard Heeringa was missing.

http://www.freep.com/article/201304...-vanished-during-her-shift-late-Friday-night-

Police determined the small amount of blood that was collected by investigators and sent to the Michigan State Police crime lab is Heeringa’s.

Police announced that information in a press release shortly before 1 p.m. today, May 8.

Police are not releasing the location where the blood was found at this time.
www.mlive.com

I do not know if it means anything or is just a journalists mistake but in the article I just quoted it says "drops". However, we were then told that there was not enough dna/blood to test for anything in her system. I have to find this link and also wonder how much blood that would actually indicate. I just do not know.

Police also are analyzing spots found on the concrete outside the gas station that may be blood, Shaw said.

http://www.freep.com/article/201304...-vanished-during-her-shift-late-Friday-night-

interesting, this article states it was found on the ground....and now they are saying they aren't releasing the location where the blood was found yet on www.mlive.com Confusing!

I was assuming that they meant whereabouts it was found in relation to the building - so was it right outside a door, or was it where a vehicle could have been parked. I've been thinking that when they reached the vehicle he would have had to control her somehow and a punch could do that (as likely happened to Jill Meagher).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg