MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is we got nothing, so few details. I get the feeling LE has little to. Some cases you just feel when LE is keeping facts from the public, I'm not feeling that on this one, I think they have nothing either.

So any idea is worth looking into at this point.

Something is driving me crazy and I have to know if I am the only one. There have been multiple..at least 3...times during this case where I could SWEAR I read something in a MSM article, or saw an interview, and then I go looking for it later and it has either morphed into something else or is just no longer there. It feels to me that the news people are cleaning up mistakes after the fact, like changing times or editing out people's names and things like that. The whole thing is really making me second guess what I think I KNOW about the details of this case.

So I have 3 questions. Is anyone else noticing this? Is this something that any of you have seen happen before? And if anyone answers yes to the first 2, does this seem like an ok thing for them to do?

Please feel free to be brutally honest and call me crazy, because I am certainly beginning to feel that way anyway. I just don't feel like I can continue to contribute to this thread if I am indeed losing my mind. I really want to do whatever little bit I might be able to do for Jessica, but muddying the waters with bad info does not help anyone.

Some good news:

The entire investigation team has dedicated another week to the search for Jessica. Monday, Chief Shaw says another team is joining the investigation, “We’re going to be bringing in a profile team from the State Police next week, we`ll be putting together a behavioral profile or a psychological profile of who may have abducted Jessica.”

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/05/10/two-weeks-and-still-no-sign-of-jessica-heeringa/#ixzz2SwdosuYH

Just give me an angle..any angle and I'll pound it to death. I'm about in tears right now because O/T and sorry about this in advance But to those who don't know; They've found Danielle Jelinek's body today, and I'm scared to ever-living hades and back that this is going to be Jess's fate as well. We NEED something to go on. Something that makes sense. Ok. endrant..so sorry. </3

Wow...I had not heard that. Minneapolis/St Paul LE is busy right now...Kira Trevino's body was just pulled from the Mississippi River there yesterday. She has been missing since Feb. At least a couple of families can take their loved ones home now. :(

I'm 1/2 tempted to ask @Ann Marie LaFlamme, if the hunter angle has been looked into yet.

I've been onboard with the hunter theory for quit sometime. Reference my earlier post.

I am starting to think the hunter scenerio is very plausable.

Michigan DNR Hunting Requirements:

Hunter Orange Clothing Requirements
You may not hunt with any device, or trap with any firearm, on any lands during daylight hunting hours from Aug. 15-April 30 unless you wear a hat, cap, vest, jacket or rain gear of highly visible orange color, commonly referred to as hunter orange. When hunting in any season with a license that authorizes the use of a firearm, you must wear hunter orange except as noted below. During the November firearm deer season, this law applies to all deer hunters, including those hunting with a bow and arrow. The garment featuring hunter orange must be the outermost garment and must be visible from all sides. Camouflage orange garments, with 50 percent or more of the surface in hunter orange, are legal.

Exception: This law does not apply to persons hunting waterfowl, crow, wild turkey, or to persons engaged in the sport of falconry. It does not apply to archery or crossbow bear hunters or to persons who are stationary and in the act of hunting bobcat, coyote or fox. Archery and crossbow deer hunters also are not required to wear hunter orange except during the youth firearm seasons, early antlerless firearm and the November firearm deer season.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_39267-32270--,00.html

This man could be married and the only time he can get away from the wife and kids is when he goes on a "hunting trip". My understanding is Turkey Hunting season started the sunday after Jessica was abducted.

He probably lives within an hour or so from North Shores and has took a couple of half day like trips to "scout out his hunting territory". That would allow him to get familiar with North Shores and stalk a victim.

Tell's wife on Friday, leaving to go on my hunting trip. No time to waste, must abduct his victim quick because his "hunting trip" is probably only a week or so. Keeps her for the week and then (hate to even put it in writing) kills her and disposes of the body. Goes home to the wife. How was the trip. Didn't kill anything this time. Maybe better luck next year. Disgusting thought, but perfect alibie.

I had read in earlier posts that some said a lot of females had turned up missing around the end of april. Can anyone post these occurances. I think there maybe a possible link.

I've been onboard with the hunter theory for quit sometime. Reference my earlier post.

Thanks, so what do you think about the map (hunting grounds/camping) reference? Do you think that it produced anything solid?

I suppose any theory is worthy of some consideration at this point, given what we know/don't know, but I have a problem with the hunter theory because of the hour. In Holly Bobo's case, it makes sense, because it was early morning, when hunters normally would be out. You don't hunt turkeys at 10pm. About all you hunt at night would be coons, and in darkness, there would be no reason to wear orange. I think it is highly more likely that if this guy is the perp, the orange shirt just happened to be what he had on at the time. JMO

Jenstar. Once again I reference a previous post.

Hunting is just an alibi. He is trying to convience the wife. Earlier there was a discussion among mebers of the group as to whether hunters even wear orange. The wife probably knows little about the specifics. He wants to look as much like a "hunter" as he can when he leaves the wife. He may or may not go to the woods.

The way you catch him is a plea by LE that operating off a tip, the abductor maybe a hunter. Please let LE know of anyone who may have been on a hunting trip in the area on or around the date of her abduction that was driving or had access to a silver mini-van (hoping it wasn't rented, but I'm sure LE has checked out rented vehicles). Maybe it clicks with the wife or friend at that point, but of course, it couldn't be him.....

What I wanted to find out was based on prior comments of many women missing around the end of april, who and where were they located so you can get a geographical profile of the abductions. That helps define where to search for the possible perp.

Please post specifics of females missing around the start of Turkey season in the Michigan area if you have that info.

I suppose any theory is worthy of some consideration at this point, given what we know/don't know, but I have a problem with the hunter theory because of the hour. In Holly Bobo's case, it makes sense, because it was early morning, when hunters normally would be out. You don't hunt turkeys at 10pm. About all you hunt at night would be coons, and in darkness, there would be no reason to wear orange. I think it is highly more likely that if this guy is the perp, the orange shirt just happened to be what he had on at the time. JMO

FWIW, there was mention of coon hunting in an article about Holly...
looking for link -stand by :)

link: https://twitter.com/NewsOnHollyBobo/status/329072171467034625

"Holly sang at the Coon Hunt one week before her disappearance where there were 21 sex offenders present #HollyBobo"

Jenstar. Once again I reference a previous post.

We're on the same wavelength here. I basically sound like your parrot. lol I agree, that there may not be any "basis" in actual hunting. Or there is; and it's not poultry. JMO

Investigators believe that a white or silver minivan&#8212;likely a Chrysler Town and Country&#8212;seen in the vicinity of Exxon Mobil during Heeringa's late night shift could be connected to her disappearance.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/norton_shores_mayor_on_jessica.html

I thought we were looking for a silver or gray mini van. This article is dated May 9. Are we really still thinking the van may be white? I haven't even been giving white vans a second look!

I would love to know what Chief Shaw and investigators believe about the likelihood that the sketch is a close match and how sure they are about the silver van.

I would also like to know more about what the witness(es) saw. What I have read does not make sense to me, but I don't know all of the details like le does. I have faith that investigators know enough to make sense of this and know that she was taken in a silver van. I would just like to know if they are 100% sure it is a silver van...or is it more like 85%...

I don't believe this was a hunter, or passerby. Here is why:

The found blood. We don't know exactly where it was found(unless I missed it), but it takes a minute or two for blood to run. Most likely it came from a scratch, or the nose. A 105 pound girl is not going to be able to fight off an attacker for long. To me, that means the abduction happened inside.

If I'm this perp there is no way i'm risking the camera, so I think they knew the cameras weren't there. Someone involved in a crime of opportunity wouldn't take that chance- you can get a lot from even grainy cameras, including clothing, height, weight, hair, etc.

Timing. I think this person knew exactly when to go to the station, and the likelihood of being caught by other customers. A hunter would not take that risk, or know the patterns of the station.

If it is a serial/hunter, then they were in town with the express purpose of kidnap. I'd be checking hotel/motels, in that case.

"Hunting" gives the man an alibi for being out of touch for a week or so, depending on the length of "the hunt".

Chief Shaw said the Turkey Hunting Season had just started. Man says to wife Friday, leaving to go hunting honey (orange shirt included just for optics). Gets to North Shores and wants to abduct his victim as quicly as possible because he only has the length of his "hunting trip" to have fun. Has his was and does away with her before he leaves.

He probably told the wife he needed to make a few half day trips ( meaning he probably lives within an hour or two from North Shores) prior to abduction to "scout out his hunting ground" which he used to scout out a victim, get familiar with the area and find a place to take her.

Totally sick but plausable.

We're on the same wavelength here. I basically sound like your parrot. lol I agree, that there may not be any "basis" in actual hunting. Or there is; and it's not poultry. JMO

Something is driving me crazy and I have to know if I am the only one. There have been multiple..at least 3...times during this case where I could SWEAR I read something in a MSM article, or saw an interview, and then I go looking for it later and it has either morphed into something else or is just no longer there. It feels to me that the news people are cleaning up mistakes after the fact, like changing times or editing out people's names and things like that. The whole thing is really making me second guess what I think I KNOW about the details of this case.

So I have 3 questions. Is anyone else noticing this? Is this something that any of you have seen happen before? And if anyone answers yes to the first 2, does this seem like an ok thing for them to do?

Please feel free to be brutally honest and call me crazy, because I am certainly beginning to feel that way anyway. I just don't feel like I can continue to contribute to this thread if I am indeed losing my mind. I really want to do whatever little bit I might be able to do for Jessica, but muddying the waters with bad info does not help anyone.

Yes I have noticed it, you talked about this yesterday, and I got busy and didn't have time to post. But what you were talking about yesterday, I am positive that I read the same thing on the weekend that she went missing. When I tried to find it yesterday, the link I had saved went to that news stations main page.

I have no clue if it has happened before, I don't usually keep that up on a case myself. I just read threads here and keep informed. So I can't answer those other 2 questions.

Yes, but in Holly's case, the perp was wearing camouflage, not orange.

But if he was supposed to be "hunting" he's supposed to wear orange. Hmmmm..

:websleuther:

Hunters must wear on the upper portion of their body and head a minimum of 500-square inches of daylight fluorescent orange (blaze orange), visible front and back, while hunting big game except on archery-only and turkey hunts. (A hat and vest fulfills requirements.) Blaze orange camo is legal if it contains 500 square inches of fluorescent orange. In those areas where the archery-only deer season dates overlap with another big game gun season (i. e. bear or boar), archers are required to wear 500 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange (TCA-70-4-124).

http://www.tn.gov/twra/biggamehunt.html

So another feaux hunter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members