MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't seem like it should be this easy to get away with crimes of this magnitude....

I'd never get away with it that's for sure. How do people get away with stealing people? They just take a person out of a normal situation or off a public street and no one notices until the perp has had a head start.

Maybe the organized theory is true as many young women seem to be disappearing. ClearSight, what are your thoughts on the selection process being used?

It seemed they had so much to start with, but from almost the moment this case broke, there has been nothing else of value that leads us to where Jessica was taken, why and by whom. Frustating.

It seems odd to me that one has to take a person hostage so as to engage in human trafficking,. Because there seems to be so many willing participants via Backpage etc......

I am not judging anyone-I feel all people who are engaged in these activities are victims. Except the pimps.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130523/METRO/305230347/1409/rss36

"Police investigate high-priority tips in Heeringa case"

"Details weren't released, but Norton Shores Chief Dan Shaw said "every piece of information we get is beneficial."

Shaw said there are a "couple tips" about the case that have been actively investigated".

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130523/METRO/305230347#ixzz2U7Sdbhtm

This is a new article, but for those of us following this case closely, we already know the latest, but I thought I would share anyway.......

It seemed they had so much to start with, but from almost the moment this case broke, there has been nothing else of value that leads us to where Jessica was taken, why and by whom. Frustating.

Just like Holly's case, and that has come to nothing.

The article referenced is dated April 29/30. Chief Shaw's comments became more certain about the van in particular as time went on. That may indicate that LE has additional information they haven't shared with the public. For whatever reason, he believes that van is the vehicle involved.

There is a more recent post from a few days ago that sums up the most recent comments Chief Shaw shared with the public. That's the last we've heard. Nothing has changed that I'm aware of. LE may have additional evidence that we don't know about.

Yes, that article is from April 29/30.
In an article from May 15th the reporter states that Shaw said the van was definitely linked to the abduction, but it wasn't in direct quotes like Shaw's other comments in the article.....
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/police_chief_jessica_heeringas_1.html
"Shaw said a silver or gray minivan is definitely linked to her abduction and a man driving that van away from the gas station the night of her abduction holds the key to her current location."

Also from this article from May 20th
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/High-priority-tips-in-Heeringa-case

"The silver Town and County minivan seen at the gas station on the night that Heeringa disappeared is one example."

I have not read any reports directly from Shaw that states that a silver Town and Country van was definitely linked to the abduction, as I haven't seen any reports come back from Chrysler, unless I have missed reading those reports.
Is it in these 2 reporters discretion as to how their articles are written and what they perceive?
I wish there would be a press conference.

Could it be a different make and model of van then and not a Town and Country??

Trafficking seems so unlikely to me. Sadly, there are enough runaways and disconnected women and girls on the streets easy enough to obtain any day of the week. And their disappearance will not create an uproar.

IMO, Jessica was taken by a lone perv/predator, or by someone who had a personal issue with her. If the first, he will be much more difficult to find, and LE should be pretty well through most of the males in her life by now, I would think.

I'm hoping that the increased traffic along Michigan's west coast over the holiday weekend will result in some clues or tips about what happened to Jessica, who took her, where she is, and the reason that she was abducted. I hope that tourists will keep their eyes and ears open for anything that might help bring a resolution to Jessica's disappearance. I also hope that anyone who travels to the Norton Shores/Muskegon area this weekend will see the posters with Jessica's picture/description and get a copy of the poster to keep with them as they traverse the area. It's been nearly four weeks since this young woman was taken by someone against her will and hasn't been seen or heard from since. Jessica needs to be found soon.

I'm hoping that the increased traffic along Michigan's west coast over the holiday weekend will result in some clues or tips about what happened to Jessica, who took her, where she is, and the reason that she was abducted. I hope that tourists will keep their eyes and ears open for anything that might help bring a resolution to Jessica's disappearance. I also hope that anyone who travels to the Norton Shores/Muskegon area this weekend will see the posters with Jessica's picture/description and get a copy of the poster to keep with them as they traverse the area. It's been nearly four weeks since this young woman was taken by someone against her will and hasn't been seen or heard from since. Jessica needs to be found soon.

Absolutely. With this being a holiday weekend, with lots of people abound, maybe someone will find a clue/clues into Jessica's disappearance.

LE should make an announcement before the weekend kicks in, describing her clothing again, and any other items not found, etc...most people are not going to look twice at a discarded shirt or cap, or whatever, especially when on holiday, unless they have seen or read about specific items to watch out for. Even locals will not remember details, unless reminded often.

LE should make an announcement before the weekend kicks in, describing her clothing again, and any other items not found, etc...most people are not going to look twice at a discarded shirt or cap, or whatever, especially when on holiday, unless they have seen or read about specific items to watch out for. Even locals will not remember details, unless reminded often.

Yes. Radio, TV, newspapers, social media, and let the public know where they can pick up copies of the poster with Jessica's photo and description as well as the POI sketch and vehicle information.

It won't be as warm across the state as it's been over the past couple of weeks, but there's no rain in the forecast other than today. Looks like it will be sunny, mid-to-upper 60* with cool evenings. Not really warm enough for swimming, but boating, camping, state parks, tourist attractions like Michigan Adventure in Muskegon should be quite busy. I hope the posters of Jessica, etc. are available in points north of Norton Shores as that is the direction that the van was headed.

YES! Locals, are there still posters up? In good condition?

I can't remember who said they thought they saw a green dumpster to the side of the Exxon station, but I did another drive-by to check yesterday and that is not a dumpster. It is one of those electrical transformer-type boxes. It's maybe half the size of a dumpster, but I can see how it would look like one in Google Earth. Next to it sits a white drop-box for people to donate items to a local second-hand store.

There are definately flyers everywhere around the area...even though I was told only 1 could be posted at my college on a designated billboard, I see that people have gotten around that and have them on department doors and the ones I taped up inside the bathroom stall doors have not been taken down. I see them in fast-food drive-thru windows, near cash registers in stores, on entrance doors and windows all over the place. People have them taped to their vehicle windows as well, so you see them driving down the street and walking through parking lots. Pictures of Jessica, and also the flyers that show the POI and the van. We want Jessica found and the kidnapper behind bars!!

ETA: I am going to drive into a couple of local state parks this weekend with flyers. If the guard shacks do not have them posted, I am going to ask if they will post one on their windows. This would give anyone coming into the state parks from out of town a good look at Jessica, the van and the POI. It couldn't hurt, but I don't know if they will agree to post them or not.

I can't remember who said they thought they saw a green dumpster to the side of the Exxon station, but I did another drive-by to check yesterday and that is not a dumpster. It is one of those electrical transformer-type boxes. It's maybe half the size of a dumpster, but I can see how it would look like one in Google Earth. Next to it sits a white drop-box for people to donate items to a local second-hand store.

There are definately flyers everywhere around the area...even though I was told only 1 could be posted at my college on a designated billboard, I see that people have gotten around that and have them on department doors and the ones I taped up inside the bathroom stall doors have not been taken down. I see them in fast-food drive-thru windows, near cash registers in stores, on entrance doors and windows all over the place. People have them taped to their vehicle windows as well, so you see them driving down the street and walking through parking lots. Pictures of Jessica, and also the flyers that show the POI and the van. We want Jessica found and the kidnapper behind bars!!

ETA: I am going to drive into a couple of local state parks this weekend with flyers. If the guard shacks do not have them posted, I am going to ask if they will post one on their windows. This would give anyone coming into the state parks from out of town a good look at Jessica, the van and the POI. It couldn't hurt, but I don't know if they will agree to post them or not.

With posters seemingly everywhere, it's just baffling that there isn't more information, and people coming forward that they know of this and that person that looks like the sketch or has a van like this. Some people have been cleared, and others if they have been talked to by LE aren't discussed in the public eye, and no person of interest so far........Just Baffling.........

Thank you for your local insights and for posting flyers in the area. I have a feeling that something might develop over the holiday weekend when tourists flock to resorts around the state.

DH and I rarely travel in Michigan on summer holiday weekends because there is simply too much traffic. The only destinations on our weekend travel list is a trip to the nursery for annuals and a carpet store to see about replacing carpet in the den.

For anyone who will be on the road this weekend, please be safe and enjoy your holiday.

I really, really wish they'd come out with a more specific description of the van! I was over at the lakeshore last week for an appointment, there were three silver Town & Country mini vans parked all in row in the parking lot. They truly are everywhere!

It would really help to narrow it down a bit....does anyone know if the van has a rack on top? What do the hubcaps look like?

ETA: I am going to drive into a couple of local state parks this weekend with flyers. If the guard shacks do not have them posted, I am going to ask if they will post one on their windows. This would give anyone comingi into the state parks from out of town a good look at Jessica, the van and the POI. It couldn't hurt, but I don't know if they will agree to post them or not.
I hope some websleuthers on the ground will start searching parks:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

If I was closer I would help look for her!

Waiting patiently for news from LE.

Please let today be the day we find Jessica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member