MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the best of my knowledge, the only wolves in Michigan are in the UP. There are coyotes in Oakland County :eek: While it's been only one at a time, we've seen coyotes in the wooded area behind our house. Further north in the county, packs of coyotes have been spotted.

I have seen wolves in the lower peninsula; specifically in Charlevoix County. There aren't as many as years ago, but they are still there.

There have been several coy-wolves reported where I live in the UP. These are hybrid wolf / coyotes and one was verified by the DNR not too long ago. I mention this, as you cannot always be sure if what you're seeing is a coyote or wolf. (coywolves resemble small wolves but have an unmistakable coyote-like face).

On topic, I came to see if there had been any updates. Sadly there haven't been. Good to see that there has been a sustained interest, so that fundraisers remain an option.

Three guests viewing right now. Please join us, guests. Bring your fresh insight to Jessica's case.

Today on Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook:

Some have asked where they can donate to.
Admins of another page for Jessica, "Help Find Jessica Heeringa" started a fundraising site.

With efforts from the fundraising page & the Ride for Jessica, they hope to use the funds to bring in a new investigative team.

NSPD dismantled their team.

Thanks to all for your love, support & prayers for Jessica and her family!

We will never give up
ONE MISSION-FIND JESSICA HEERINGA

If it's true that NSPD is no longer working the case, I hope that there is money available for the family to hire a top-notch investigative team to continue the search for Jessica. She needs to be found and brought back home to those who love her.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/269921/14/Ride-for-Jessica-Heeringa
Police no closer to finding Jessica Heeringa
It's been over five months since 26 year-old Jessica Heeringa disappeared, and Norton Shores Police say they are no closer to finding her. Now her family says it's time to ramp up the investigation.
Heeringa vanished on the night of April 26th, at the Exxon gas station in Norton Shores, where she worked. Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw told WZZM 13 Saturday there are no new leads in the investigation, but says his department gets about 40 calls a week related to the Heeringa case.

Any chance she was having an affair/relationship with the store owner? I hate coming into cases so late in the game. Not much going on with the other cases I'm following, so started reading this one. She has a boyfriend and a kid, right? Kid by the boyfriend, with D as name? And D was at home with the kid when this happened, right? What relationship did she have with other coworkers? Any known enemies there? The witness that provided the 'van and suspect sketch', were they known friends, enemies, or just coworkers? Wonder why that witness didn't go to the store when she noticed the outside back light was off? Then pulled somewhere and watched the store?? Watched for what?? Why not go back to the store to make sure all was OK?? Those are just some things I've noticed so far in my reading, still reading, and probably have more questions soon! LOL! Though probably find my answers as I read more!

I know I'm typically a night owl, and when I visit our 24hr store, and there's only worker on nightshift ALWAYS, if someone comes in they don't know, or a group comes in acting different, they'll give me 'the look' for me to stay until the others leave. Use to really bother me when this tiny lady was working, and of course by herself at night, and she had to stock, watch the gas tanks, clean, etc. If she needed to go the bathroom, that left noone watching the registers. Cops would stop in and get coffee and sometimes stay a bit with her, but still wasn't a safe idea! At least it does have cameras though.

While I don't think this was a stranger abduction... gonna ask.... where was Israel Keyes? Had he been captured by the time Jessica was abducted?

The 2005,2006,2007 Chrysler minivans all look alike from the outside I have been told. This triples the amount of work for LE. I have looked at photos of offenders in the past in the area and there are three or more that look like the drawing. This triples the work using photos. In research (search) of this type you have to come up with new ways to attack the problem. One would be PI interviews of people involved. Another ground searches of the area gradually extending outward by PI. Just sitting in an office wating for tips like LE will not work.

The 2005,2006,2007 Chrysler minivans all look alike from the outside I have been told. This triples the amount of work for LE. I have looked at photos of offenders in the past in the area and there are three or more that look like the drawing. This triples the work using photos. In research (search) of this type you have to come up with new ways to attack the problem. One would be PI interviews of people involved. Another ground searches of the area gradually extending outward by PI. Just sitting in an office wating for tips like LE will not work.

A lot of Chrysler and Dodge minivans from the 2000s look alike to me, too. Maybe they should also consider looking at Dodge Grand Caravans, too?
Just in case the witness was mistaken.

While I don't think this was a stranger abduction... gonna ask.... where was Israel Keyes? Had he been captured by the time Jessica was abducted?

Israel Keyes.....
Taking a Dirt Nap......

http://www.adn.com/2012/12/02/2710993/israel-keyes-is-dead-troopers.html

Interior man arrested on state, US warrants
Israel Keyes dead in apparent suicide; suspected in Lower 48 deaths
Published: December 2, 2012

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/12/02/2710993/israel-keyes-is-dead-troopers.html#storylink=cpy

New post from administrators on Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook:

NSPD stated yesterday that they dismantled their team of detectives. This saddens me. Not only for Jessica, her beautiful little boy, her family but also for our community!

In my opinion they should've searched until they brought her home.

NSPD said they get about 40 calls a week, but only speculation.

Please keep your family safe! Teach your daughters, wives and sisters about situation awareness! Self defense classes not only teach you how to defend yourself but raises self esteem!

We as a community should be outraged that hasn't been done! Where is the community outrage?

I pray this never happens again in our community but reality is.... It happens, approx 2000 times per day in the United States

ONE MISSION
FIND JESSICA HEERINGA

NSPD stated yesterday that they dismantled their team of detectives. This saddens me. Not only for Jessica, her beautiful little boy, her family but also for our community!

Please keep your family safe! Teach your daughters, wives and sisters about situation awareness! Self defense classes not only teach you how to defend yourself but raises self esteem!

We as a community should be outraged that hasn't been done! Where is the community outrage?

I pray this never happens again in our community but reality is.... It happens, approx 2000 times per day in the United States
ONE MISSION
FIND JESSICA HEERINGA

Thank you for posting this. Before Jessica disappeared, I had no idea how many missing people there are in the world. It stuns me that there are people among us that feel it is ok to just steal a person. I almost can't comprehend it. When I heard the worldwide missing statistics on NPR, I thought they surely made a mistake. I did some research. It blew my mind.
My sister just told me today that I need to stop looking at the sex offender registry, that it is going to drive me crazy. Truth is, now that I know what I know, I don't think I'll ever be able to bury my head in the sand again. Ignorance is bliss, but it's also dangerous.

An Observation FWIW:

On ID's TV show "Disappeared", there seems to be many cases where the perp immediately sells/trades in or gifts his car (to a relative).

In one instance, the perp's gf was suspicious and called LE because she thought it was so odd that her bf suddenly traded in their vehicle with only 2 payments left on it.

In another instance, a perp just suddenly gave away a vehicle to his stepson who lived out of state, IIRC.

An Observation FWIW:

On ID's TV show "Disappeared", there seems to be many cases where the perp immediately sells/trades in or gifts his car (to a relative).

In one instance, the perp's gf was suspicious and called LE because she thought it was so odd that her bf suddenly traded in their vehicle with only 2 payments left on it.

In another instance, a perp just suddenly gave away a vehicle to his stepson who lived out of state, IIRC.

I remember some of us checking out Craig's List not long after Jessica disappeared.

Now news from the hunters of remains in Michigan over the last few days. The hunting season for waterfowl is now open and the ponds and lakes are also being visited by the sportsmen interested in them. It would be interesting to know what the PI are doing. They have been on the job a while. Lets find Jessica.

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/mu...-facebook-page-says-police-team-is-dismantled
Heeringa FB page: Police team dismantled
Jessica Heeringa has been missing for nearly six months.
The Norton Shores resident was abducted in April as she was working at the gas station in town, police said.
Her family is still holding out hope and held a fundraiser last weekend to help take some of the search efforts into their own hands. About 200 motorcyclists participated in a “Ride for Jessica Heeringa” and dinner last Saturday. Heeringa’s mother told 24 Hour News 8 that the money raised from these events will go to hiring private investigators and other search efforts.

:cry:

ONE MISSION
FIND JESSICA HEERINGA
Can they really just stop working on the case? It hasn't even been 6 months. That seems insane! Surely they cannot have worked through all those calls, all the possible silver vans and all creditcard information yet. There has got to be something to work with??? However far fetched I don't think anything should be ruled out, seeing as how a person was taken by someone, against her own will. I find it to be unethical to just give up already.

Does somebody have a link to an article about the gas station owner? Or possibly the fake sketch that was supposed to look like him? I can't find that one.
Can he be sleuthed or is that not ok? I am not necessarily pointing fingers at him, but I do feel that he is the person to know the most about the place, the clerks, the customers etc. Did police immediately rule him out as a suspect?

Fall has come to California the leaves have turned red and are falling. It is raining. In response to several posts that Norton Shores LE has given up looking for jessica, they have and have had one member of the force working the case. I would include Chief Shaw as well. There are 2 PI hired by facebook who have been several months on the job and approximately 721,000 hunters who started October 1. Good websleuthing

Fall has come to California the leaves have turned red and are falling. It is raining. In response to several posts that Norton Shores LE has given up looking for jessica, they have and have had one member of the force working the case. I would include Chief Shaw as well. There are 2 PI hired by facebook who have been several months on the job and approximately 721,000 hunters who started October 1. Good websleuthing

Plus a PI hired by local msm wzzm.

And still, no Jessica.

haven't posted in a while,its been over 5 months since she went missing, we have an eye witness that sees the van and gets a description of the person of interest, the van is captured on video where another dark SUV was seen in video around the same time, we have a general direction the van was going yet we still don't have an identified POI?

I had faith in LE at first that they would catch the perp. I have less and less now. There had to be more evidence that could have been obtained by working a little harder. I would have viewed every video survaillence I could find the day and night of the incidence.

After doing a little research I found there are 11,000 lakes in michigan and 1200,000 fishermen intending on fishing on these lakes and also the streams in Michigan. These fishermen will also play a role in the search for Jessica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74