MI - Juanita Richardson, 43, dies in fall at Pictured Rock cliffs, 22 June 2006

Here in NC we have Grandfather Mtn and the Mile High Swinging Bridge. I love to go across the bridge and climb out on the rocks. Been doing it since I was a wee one. I cannot count how many times I have made it to the other side and climbed out to the farthest part (far top right). There's no hand rails nothing. You slip, you are gone.

http://www.grandfather.com/photo_tours/slideshow/bridge/slideshow.php?image=9

My poor hubby, the only thing that would save him from being charged is the fact that he has a fear of heights. He went across the bridge once and he will never do that again.

I was at a Broadway show years ago, sitting in the upper balcony. A couple let their two kids (girls, aged 10 to 12) sit on the floor and dangle their feet over the edge. 40' to 60' drop to the main floor. The girls proceeded to squirm through the first act and even squeeze past the guard rails and lean over the drop.

By intermission, I was so sick at my stomach I said something to the parents and made them move the kids back to their seats.

I, too, have done foolish things near steep drop offs.

I hope the police in this case have something more than the fact he was near by.

Nova said:
I'm sure you were just using a euphemism, but the dude wasn't "in" a bathroom. As I read the account, he was going in the woods.

I don't know how this works with heterosexuals. Personally, I wouldn't urinate on my partner's foot, but I don't have to go all that far away in the woods.
Ok, I read it again that he went into the woods, sorry. I was picturing the visitor center with an actual bathroom in it.

Your point of not being far away gets me thinking again. If you fell off a cliff, would you not scream? He would have to be pretty far away to hear nothing at all. I would believe his story more if he claimed to hear her scream and he zipped up and ran back. Instead he mosied on back and his wife wasn't there, poof, gone.
:confused:

What a bummer. I wonder how their daughters and son are handling this :( Really hoping it was a tragic accident.

Nova said:
I'm sure you were just using a euphemism, but the dude wasn't "in" a bathroom. As I read the account, he was going in the woods.

I don't know how this works with heterosexuals. Personally, I wouldn't urinate on my partner's foot, but I don't have to go all that far away in the woods.

That's what I was thinking too and therefore not hearing her scream is just BS. Another woman murdered by her husband, sad.

Jubie

Yep--pretty sure he's guilty--I 've heard of several murders this way--There was one guy who got away with it, learned many years later that he had terminal cancer, and then decided to tell the police that his wife didn't fall...He pushed her off

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-34/1171554637246600.xml&coll=6

MISSAUKEE COUNTY -- A McBain man accused of pushing his wife to her death from a cliff at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore was expecting her to seek a divorce and was having an affair, according to a police affidavit.

The document, filed in Alger County District Court, says Thomas David Richardson killed Juanita L. Richardson to cash in on a life insurance policy and gain freedom to pursue his lover.

and

The affidavit said Thomas Richardson gave conflicting accounts of what happened.

He first said the couple hiked about a half-mile to the overlook and he left to use the bathroom as his wife sat near the cliff eating a snack. He said when he returned, she was gone, the report said.

Richardson later said he saw his wife jump off the cliff but withheld that from police to protect his wife's "reputation," the affidavit said. It said Richardson theorized Juanita Richardson was despondent over "empty nest syndrome" and a possibly cancerous lump.

The next day, Thomas Richardson again changed his story and said he saw his wife fall instead of jump, the report said.

The Richardsons met with an attorney nine days before her death to plan their first will, the affidavit said. During the consultation, Thomas Richardson pushed to have the documents executed before the couple's planned Upper Peninsula vacation trip, the affidavit said.

It said life insurance policies on Juanita Richardson, naming her husband as beneficiary, totaled more than $240,000.

hoppyfrog said:
http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-34/1171554637246600.xml&coll=6

MISSAUKEE COUNTY -- A McBain man accused of pushing his wife to her death from a cliff at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore was expecting her to seek a divorce and was having an affair, according to a police affidavit.

The document, filed in Alger County District Court, says Thomas David Richardson killed Juanita L. Richardson to cash in on a life insurance policy and gain freedom to pursue his lover.

and

The affidavit said Thomas Richardson gave conflicting accounts of what happened.

He first said the couple hiked about a half-mile to the overlook and he left to use the bathroom as his wife sat near the cliff eating a snack. He said when he returned, she was gone, the report said.

Richardson later said he saw his wife jump off the cliff but withheld that from police to protect his wife's "reputation," the affidavit said. It said Richardson theorized Juanita Richardson was despondent over "empty nest syndrome" and a possibly cancerous lump.

The next day, Thomas Richardson again changed his story and said he saw his wife fall instead of jump, the report said.

The Richardsons met with an attorney nine days before her death to plan their first will, the affidavit said. During the consultation, Thomas Richardson pushed to have the documents executed before the couple's planned Upper Peninsula vacation trip, the affidavit said.
It said life insurance policies on Juanita Richardson, naming her husband as beneficiary, totaled more than $240,000.

Another brainiac murdering husband.

Eve

eve said:

Eve

I know! What is it that makes this idiots believe this stuff won't come out?!

Nova said:
I know! What is it that makes this idiots believe this stuff won't come out?!

Never ceases to amaze me, Nova. Also imagine being the "other woman" (or man! ;) ) - how likely would it be that she/he wouldn't figure it out too? Who would want to be with a creep who murdered his last wife because he wanted out? I think it might just lessen love's glow, but hey, that's just me. The ego and selfish evil of people like this is incredible.

Eve

eve said:
Never ceases to amaze me, Nova. Also imagine being the "other woman" (or man! ;) ) - how likely would it be that she/he wouldn't figure it out too? Who would want to be with a creep who murdered his last wife because he wanted out? I think it might just lessen love's glow, but hey, that's just me. The ego and selfish evil of people like this is incredible.

Eve

One would think the other woman or man would be VERY leery, but I know from personal experience with my own family that people have a hard time believing that those they love, parent and/or marry are capable of such things. (No murder in my family, but my father was on the lam for fraud, etc., for years; his parents went to their graves believing he was innocent. (Which is why you won't hear me snarking about Scott Peterson's parents.))

eve said:

Eve
Why did I know that would be the case in the very beginning...:loser:
I certainly would want anyone that killed or was suspected of murdering a previous spouse. :eek:

Again I say.....divorce is a lot cheaper than a good attorney and years of court battles.

Sadly, there are women out there so desperate for love that they will look the other way if the man they are cheating with has a spouse mysteriously die. They are so stupid. And of course they think, well he loves me. Yeah well he loved the other chick and some point too.

Then there are the women who feel they are just as entitled as the men they are cheating with do and just say, I know he did it but I love him and he should not go to prison because he is mine.

Nova said:

Oh thank goodness you said this because i was puzzled about a 'bathroom' in the woods!

hoppyfrog said:
SadieMae:

Love those doggies!

Hoppy
Thanks Hoppy! :D Those are my big babies. My cat, (the little rat looking thing no bigger than a scooby snack) is the boss of them both.

SadieMae said:
Thanks Hoppy! :D Those are my big babies. My cat, (the little rat looking thing no bigger than a scooby snack) is the boss of them both.
OMG! I didn't even see the cat!

Hoppy

I knew that would be the outcome of this tragedy. I'm glad that he didn't get away with murder. The stupid S.0.B.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back