MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have now been "verified" by the Websleuths team.

After speaking with them I will now be able to tell you all when you are going on a "rabbit chase" - ie., I will be able to simply say - that exploring that avenue is a waste of our time and resources - the only time I would say this is if I KNEW that the road could not be beneficial due to inside information I do have.

Thank you for allowing the verification to occur websleuther's team. I do know that there is a direct family member that participates on this particular case - perhaps they should verify as well and the two of us can work together to steer others off of dead end trails.

Praying for the family!:please:

Until there's an arrest, no one, even closest family, will know what's "dead end" and what's not. LE don't usually keep them involved in every single lead, every single day.

:twocents:

Well I have now been "verified" by the Websleuths team.

After speaking with them I will now be able to tell you all when you are going on a "rabbit chase" - ie., I will be able to simply say - that exploring that avenue is a waste of our time and resources - the only time I would say this is if I KNEW that the road could not be beneficial due to inside information I do have.

Thank you for allowing the verification to occur websleuther's team. I do know that there is a direct family member that participates on this particular case - perhaps they should verify as well and the two of us can work together to steer others off of dead end trails.

Praying for the family!:please:

This is awesome news, MIMOMMY. :clap:

Thoughts and prayers for Julia's family, friends, and all who knew and loved her. :rose:

Really? That's even closer than I thought...

So, at the very least, we have two expert murderers prowling around two student houses 7 miles apart, murdering two different students and escaping from both unseen, leaving no evidence or any motive LE can find.

Oh kay.

I think the "coincidence" explanation is the unlikely one, personally...

:waitasec:

Shall we discuss how many murderers are presently on the loose in New Orleans (45 minutes from where I live)? We're talking murders mere blocks apart, perps escaping from scenes undetected, leaving no evidence or apparent MO. It happens every day.

As far as your earlier comment about America being a serial killer factory, let's not forget Ivan Milat. Just to name one. You are in Australia, correct?

More reading:
http://serial-killers.findthedata.org/d/d/Australia

Not as many serial killers as the US, but keep in mind these facts:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_size_of_Australia_compared_to_the_US

As for the "expert" piece of your comment, I wouldn't go that far. ;)

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has a theory about Julia's killer. This particular method of homicide is rare. The absence of sexual assault hints to me that the killer may be a woman. But drowning someone would take a great deal of strength. There would have been a real struggle as she fought, scratching arms, etc. Without getting too detailed, she may have had skin under her nails. But the water may have destroyed this evidence.
Did she get into the tub voluntarily?
Was she unconscious, and therefore did not struggle? (LE will know if she struggled, broken nails, neck bruising, etc.)
If she was unconscious, there is no way one woman would have been able to lift her and put her in the tub.
If the killer was male, what was the MO?

Shall we discuss how many murderers are presently on the loose in New Orleans (45 minutes from where I live)? We're talking murders mere blocks apart, perps escaping from scenes undetected, leaving no evidence or apparent MO. It happens every day.

As far as your earlier comment about America being a serial killer factory, let's not forget Ivan Milat. Just to name one. You are in Australia, correct?

More reading:

Milat was active in the late 90's.

He is probably the only "serial killer" most folks can name from Australia, and he is old news. It's not really relevant, the statistics clearly tell us that the SK seems to be an American speciality.

Either way I really don't understand the snark. I don't know who killed Paul, I'm just sleuthing.

Part of my sleuthing has been to point out that that particular area has experienced a serial before with students as the victims.

The best way of predicting the future is to look at the past, etc. Sorry if that upsets you.

:cow:

More reading:

Milat was active in the mid 90's. That's nearly 20 years ago...ancient history, almost. :banghead:

He is probably the only "serial killer" most folks can name from Australia, and he is old news. It's not really relevant, the statistics clearly tell us that the SK, while occurring elsewhere, is mainly an American phenomenon.

Either way I really don't understand the snark. I don't know who killed Julia or Paul, I'm just sleuthing.

Part of my sleuthing has been to point out that that particular area has experienced a serial before with students as the victims.

The best way of predicting the future is to look at the past, etc. Sorry if that upsets you but this is a sleuthing site, which does cover some pretty offensive possibilities, by its very nature.

Milat was active in the mid 90's. That's nearly 20 years ago...ancient history, almost. :banghead:

He is probably the only "serial killer" most folks can name from Australia, and he is old news. It's not really relevant, the statistics clearly tell us that the SK, while occurring elsewhere, is mainly an American phenomenon.

Either way I really don't understand the snark. I don't know who killed Julia or Paul, I'm just sleuthing.

The best way of predicting the future is to look at the past, etc. Sorry if that upsets you but this is a sleuthing site, which does cover some pretty offensive possibilities, by its very nature.

Why the headbanging? Does Milat strike a nerve? He is FAR from ancient history to the families of his victims, and those who managed to escape the monster. He is still alive and there are dreadful reminders of him everywhere. And the serial killer you are referring to in the Ann Arbor area was John Norman Collins - from the 1960's, so what is your point?

Australia has had its fair share.

Serial killers are people, ok? Not only Americans. And they have always existed:
Jack the Ripper is the first modern day SK - we can credit him to England. Vlad the Impaler - credit goes to Romania. Countess Bathory - Hungary.

You and I can agree to disagree on this case.

I don't know how I missed this. I come read a bit, hardly ever post but this one hits too close to home as my son is best friends with one of the roommates. I have no inside info though. I know in the beginning she was not suppose to say too much and I'm sure that hasn't changed since its still an open case. My son had met Julia and has always said how nice and friendly she was. They we're all shocked when this happened. Such a sad story.

I don't know how I missed this. I come read a bit, hardly ever post but this one hits too close to home as my son is best friends with one of the roommates. I have no inside info though. I know in the beginning she was not suppose to say too much and I'm sure that hasn't changed since its still an open case. My son had met Julia and has always said how nice and friendly she was. They we're all shocked when this happened. Such a sad story.

Absolutely tragic.

To lose a child at all is bad enough, but to lose one this way? The pain is incomprehensible.

:rose:
For Julia

Eastern Michigan University football player found dead

Victim discovered by roommate in University Green apartments off West Clark Road

Author: Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com, hherrera@wdiv.com

Published On: Oct 18 2013 12:05:44 PM EDT Updated On: Oct 18 2013 12:18:20 PM EDT

YPSILANTI, Mich. -
An Eastern Michigan University football player has been found dead in an off-campus apartment building...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ding/-/1719418/22506188/-/cb9gq4/-/index.html

omgosh :-(

detroit abc saying they are conducting homicide investigation

I will start a thread for him

omgosh :-(

detroit abc saying they are conducting homicide investigation

I will start a thread for him

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9909109#post9909109"]MI- Eastern Michigan University football player found dead in apartment - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This is sad but I can say with almost 100% certainty not connected

RIP another young soul:(

[I also posted this on Demarius' thread, EMU football player]

The families of Julia and Dmarius were both present at the "Stop the Violence" event [Thursday evening]. An ironic twist---Julia's mom recently met Demarius:

Kim [Julia Niswinder's mother] said in a chance encounter, she met Demarius at a Meijer where she now works about two weeks ago.

"A 20-minute conversation turned into an hour conversation because he recognized my Justice for Julia bracelet," Kim said. "He asked me how I knew Julia and I said that was my daughter. ... He was comforting me. He left such an impression on me."

more on this and the event at:
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/10/demarius_reeds_mother_he_was_a.html

New tips sought in December death of EMU student

New tips sought in death of EMU student whose December bathtub drowning was ruled a homicide

Author:
Lisa Ray, Managing Editor, ClickOnDetroit.com, lray@wdiv.com

Published On: Nov 14 2013 10:26:18 AM EST

YPSILANTI, Mich. -
New tips are being sought in the case of a 23-year-old Eastern Michigan University student whose December bathtub drowning was ruled a homicide...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ent/-/1719418/22969620/-/7ewxvdz/-/index.html

November 14, 2013 at 12:27 pm

New tips sought in December death of EMU student

Tom Greenwood /The Detroit News

Frustrating but not forgotten, the one-year anniversary of the homicide of Eastern Michigan University student Julia Niswender is approaching.

It was on Dec. 11, 2012, that the body of the 23-year-old student was found drowned in the bathtub of her off-campus apartment, located just across the street from the campus police station.

At 11 a.m. Thursday, police and family members will gather at Crime Stoppers’ Detroit office in an effort to keep the death in the public eye...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131114/METRO06/311140068#ixzz2ke5C52lR

Im at work and cant post a link right now - frantically searching.

But Mlive is now posting additional details that could not be released before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517