MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the reporters dont show the name and the offense on the document in the video. Are we sure this is the correct document that they are showing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am also wondering about this....this would mean that he was being investigated BEFORE Julia's murder. This would completely throw my theory of LE using this "potential child *advertiser censored*" as a tactic to hold JT so that they could further investigate him as a POI in Julia's murder, right out the window! Also...just a side question: Does anyone know what is registered from a person when they are sent to jail? Is it just finger printing, or is DNA (swabbing) taken and registered as well?

I can confirm that the first laptop was taken early into the investigation of Julia's murder and LONG before this new situation. The second laptop was taken with a warrant slightly before JT's arrest in February of this year.

Not sure where you get your information..... The very first laptop taken belonged to Grandma and she voluntarily gave it to LE. This was "early on" in the investigation - early 2013. Now in December 2014, that was the laptop computer that was in the Turnquist home. It was a laptop and that's the one LE obtained first from the Turnquists. Because they may have found "something" on it, LE then obtained and executed a search warrant in February for various electronic devices in the Turnquist home. Since the Turnquist home is in Monroe County, the Monroe Sheriff executed the search warrant and the Monroe County prosecutor will handle the case as the Turnquist home is in their jurisdiction. Please get your information correct before you post it. Thanks.

The offense date is Nov 1, 2012, charges weren't brought until Feb, 2015.

I take this as the child *advertiser censored* was placed on the computer Nov 1, 2012, when LE took possession of the laptop in Dec 2014 and while searching the laptop found the child *advertiser censored* in question and filed charges Feb, 2015. JMO

Ah...that would make sense. I guess it would be helpful if we actually knew the order of these events, and what the dates really imply.

I wonder why the reporters dont show the name and the offense on the document in the video. Are we sure this is the correct document that they are showing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why the whole document wasn't shown during the piece, perhaps the point was to zero in on the offense date, which was just over a month before Julia was murdered.

If you watch the video a driver's license number is listed (which can be traced back to the holder of said license), I choose to blur out the number in the photo I posted.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...r-family-divided-emu-students-death/70183350/ *credit FindHG for link.

Unsnipped with background. . .

I still have a migraine so wont be posting much today.

Fellow migraine sufferer here, hope you get well soon!! :hug:

When that nasty migraine decides to leave, would you mind adding the offense date of the child *advertiser censored*, with the link the news article I posted to your list, thanks!!

ETA: Link to news article: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...n-of-interest-after-murder-of-julia-niswender

Ok.... So I found out some info with regards to FBI involvement. Murder is not a Federal crime. Its a State crime, which is investigated by the local, county, or state LE agencies. They would become involved if let's say if the murder were part of a larger Federal crime, for example Internet Child *advertiser censored* or Sex Trafficking. Here is a good link to what the FBI investigates: http://m.fbi.gov/#http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/what_we_investigate/@@mobileversion

I searched briefly but could not find where it was mentioned that the FBI was involved. Perhaps the local police may have asked the FBI for assistance if they believe that the FBI has the necessary expertise.

NOVEMBER 1ST!!!!! IMO this is a huge thing. When did the rest of the family find out about these charges? IE: Anyone other than KT and JT. When did Julia find out? Julia's tweets around thus time do not indicate that anything was wrong in her life....she was on her way to NYC in early November and excited. It wasn't until her tweet later in November of "trust no one". Is this when she found out about the charges, or does this indicate that maybe someone close to the family gave a tip to LE about JT which caused LE to investigate him, and she was hurt/upset/untrusting of someone she was close to now because of this? 4ist & Trojan, when did you both find out about the charges?

We found out when everyone else did - February 27, 2015. Notice the "ENTRY DATE" in the picture.

Either that, but if sexual impulse issues, control issues, personal boundary issues, with a possible history of prying on vulnerable impressionable females to get near their children, it could be possible that if the other proclivities hadn't yet pushed his family apart, besides Julia, that news of an affair/s with other women may have? Considering he did clean in the Ypsilanti area, it may be possible Julia ran into him at the wrong place at the wrong time, and he knew and was afraid of her saying something or having some physical evidence thus the disarray in the room? She may have known and had no intention to tell too, and the "Trust no one" text may have been about his attempts to fish for information around her and her reaction.

If Julia was taking action over child *advertiser censored* or whatever else and Turnquist was in any way threatened by this or knew or suspected, then his motive may have only been self-preservation, thus no full statement that would make all this go away, it seems. He may not have ever cared more for his children than himself. What would prompt Julia to take action though? I imagine it would involve support from an other or others along the way, it seems possible. She was a girl who took big strides in a short time.

BBM My theory? JT sexually abused Julia during hunting trips they took alone together. He had possibly groomed her prior. She saw that he was similarly grooming M and including her on hunting trips away from home. She had not (even though pressed) exposed the reason she did not get along with JT. She would 'clam up' when pressed by Grandma Rose IIRC. This would be fitting in this type of abuse, particularly for someone known to be outspoken and a good communicator. Secrets abound - to protect the family.

ALL conjecture, theory, opinion, MOO....
Not a professional
Does not know anyone in this case

I withdraw this particular scenario as it seems Julia did not attend hunting trips (that I could verify). The meat of the theory remains unchanged. IMHO

I searched briefly but could not find where it was mentioned that the FBI was involved. Perhaps the local police may have asked the FBI for assistance if they believe that the FBI has the necessary expertise.

We should ask MIMOMMY to check this out. My daughter has mentioned the fact that JT,KT and Jennifer talked to the FBI at the Michigan State Police office in Monroe. What they talked about and whether or not everyone thoroughly cooperated is unknown to me but KT said the cooperated. She did say they talked to everyone as a group then talked to everyone individually. I don't really know what was discussed other than this had something to do with Julia's murder. I can not remember the exact time frame of this interview but I'm sure they (KT,JT or Jennifer) could provide that information.

Posted on Thread #2, Page 29, 4/2/2015 by Trojan1966 (sorry it's not letting me quote it directly from the older thread!)
"According to his wife, she has been cooperating all along. According to LE they want a formal statement. I do know that both she and JT have sat down together and separately talked to FBI investigators. What was actually said, I don't know but this has happened. According to my daughter, JT got a lawyer once LE started investigating his family and his background. I beleive his family actually advised him to get a lawyer as they felt that LE was targeting him."

Sorry Trojan...I found your old quote and posted it, and then just saw your new response! ;)

I did not visit them in Gaylord, but my husband did, and took pictures of the grandkids and kids, some of which you can see the bathroom. when I saw the pictures, I was shocked! When I was told that it was a bathroom and as to the reason that Kim gave for the removal of the door.

Trojan, I hate to ask this of you but is it possible to post a photo of the bathroom doorway (w/o people etc.)? This would give us a clearer viewpoint on this issue. So many of us are hung up on this point and I think a visual might be helpful.

TIA -

Don't think there is anything new in this article.
I am curious what exactly the plea deal entailed that was refused.
How does it compare to the penalty he is facing if found guilty at trial.
:thinking:

Report: Stepdad of Julia Niswender headed to trial on child *advertiser censored* charges
By Jeremy Allen | jallen42@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on May 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM, updated May 19, 2015 at 9:08 AM

<snipped>
Turnquist, who is free on bond, was unable to reach a plea deal Friday at the Monroe County Circuit Court and has a pretrial court date scheduled for June 29, the newspaper reported.
<snipped>
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...turnquist_potenti.html#incart_related_stories

Not sure why the whole document wasn't shown during the piece, perhaps the point was to zero in on the offense date, which was just over a month before Julia was murdered.

If you watch the video a driver's license number is listed (which can be traced back to the holder of said license), I choose to blur out the number in the photo I posted.

Thanks. From the DLN you can tell that the last name starts with a "T". I actually found a website where you can calculate the driver's license. You put in your First, Middle, Last name and DOB and it will spit out the DLN. Haven't checked that here, but I am convinced now that this is indeed the right document.

BBM My theory? JT sexually abused Julia during hunting trips they took alone together. He had possibly groomed her prior. She saw that he was similarly grooming M and including her on hunting trips away from home. She had not (even though pressed) exposed the reason she did not get along with JT. She would 'clam up' when pressed by Grandma Rose IIRC. This would be fitting in this type of abuse, particularly for someone known to be outspoken and a good communicator. Secrets abound - to protect the family.

Not a professional

All your conjecture sounds perfectly on the mark to me, psyquestor. I couldn't agree more. Julia may have lost her life, the amazing future that awaited her to a horrible man so he would be free to keep tearing at those around him. He's just seems to me a terribly flawed evil little man though, not big enough to hold back all the truth. I think the little ankle bracelet that keeps him bound now, and the supervised visits with his youngest, is a fraction of the heat he will feel in the times to come.

It think the question is whether the had noticed, if he had left and come back in the night. If they didn't notice him leaving, then they will believe that he was there all night. If they did notice him leaving, then they won't believe that he was there all night. But I think it is unlikely that the 3 other people did not notice him going or coming back. I think it is even less likely that he would plan a murder, assuming that no one would notice him coming or leaving. I don't think this has anything to do with the marriage dynamic, whatever that would be.

I agree with your synopsis to a point black_squirrel, but I have a few ideas. (obv MOO)

1. It would not be the first time someone gave an alibi (or even multiple people) that turned out to be false.
2. They could be confused about the dates or not recall the information regarding whereabouts.
3. For whatever reason, LE has named him a POI (not a suspect) and request a formal statement regarding whereabouts for the dates surrounding Julia's death.
4. PERHAPS LE found information on the items given over to them (the first computer and JT's cell phone) that conflict with the depiction of where he was on those days. As you said previously, if one item conflicts then it casts doubt on the rest.

Again, my own theory regarding this point.

I don't think it is right to speculate at this moment that, Julia, Jennifer and/or the youngest daughter are victims of sexual abuse and were "groomed", without having any proof of that.

Fellow migraine sufferer here, hope you get well soon!! :hug:

When that nasty migraine decides to leave, would you mind adding the offense date of the child *advertiser censored*, with the link the news article I posted to your list, thanks!!

ETA: Link to news article: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...n-of-interest-after-murder-of-julia-niswender

I've added it and other relevant info / links. The migraine is getting worse, as is the weather (a trigger) so not here much longer today. I'll post the update later.

Not a professional

I do not believe that Julia went on any hunting trips with JT. She never mentioned that to me.

Don't think there is anything new in this article.
I am curious what exactly the plea deal entailed that was refused.
How does it compare to the penalty he is facing if found guilty at trial.
:thinking:

Report: Stepdad of Julia Niswender headed to trial on child *advertiser censored* charges
By Jeremy Allen | jallen42@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on May 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM, updated May 19, 2015 at 9:08 AM

<snipped>
Turnquist, who is free on bond, was unable to reach a plea deal Friday at the Monroe County Circuit Court and has a pretrial court date scheduled for June 29, the newspaper reported.
<snipped>
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...turnquist_potenti.html#incart_related_stories

I think his lawyer is spinning the plea deal to make it sound like it is something more than routine that DA's offer to avoid trial, not a big deal at all in terms of him not accepting it. It is a big deal that he is going to trial, a big deal against him, considering he is facing being a POI in Julia's murder because he won't give a full statement to LE. Last time I checked, trials expose information. And information is not just exposed in court, there's often the trickle down effect of people who find more courage to speak out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid