MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has bugged me. Why would JT be the one charged if the computer belonged to KT? Is he in the pics? How can anyone know who actually put those pics there, or who was viewing them?

Our computer is in the kitchen area and everyone uses it when they are here. How would it be determined just who saved or viewed photos/images on it? A personal passwords file perhaps? Is there such a thing?

I would hope any X-rated pics were not in easy access to the young children in the home as they were growing up. It seems the computers in this home were used by everyone.

Computer forensics can check the activity before and after the photos in question, say facebook activity, email activity, twitter, etc.

They can also track the person by the time of the posts. Let's say the activity was at 2pm, LE can then go to employment records to see if someone was working at the time and not able to be on the computer at the home.

Hope that makes sense I feel like my brain already went to sleep. :lol: :sleep:

4ist, I will dig up the link again for the quote in the morning regarding what CPS said in regards to living with KT. I came across it in the media thread.

Thank you for your comments, they are helpful. I am updating the list, but will only post it every few days as it develops.

Psyquestor, really appreciate all your hard work, it's really helpful, keeping us all updated in a condensed form, thanks for taking the time, Justice for Julia, praying everyday.

Originally Posted by black_squirrel
I did not say that CPS determined the allegations to be false. I stated that they found no evidence. Do you think they did find evidence, but decided to let the abuse go on?

This information was recently brought up at a court hearing, and was deemed by the courts to have no bearing on anything as the allegations were found unjust by the person making the claim. Also, please remember that Jennifer stands firm that not only did this never happen, but that she had no idea these claims had even occurred.

So somebody made allegations of mistreatment of the twins against JT, and Child Protective Services made inquiries and didn't come up with any supporting evidence. But how thorough could those inquiries have been if Julia's sister had never heard of them?

OKAY no more skirting around all of this issue of who made the allegation and who was the accuser. From what we GRANDPARENTS recall, that the report came from the twins school. Evidently they noticed certain marks, bruises and behavior changes on Julia. Teacher's reported them, Julia was questioned, and CPS was called.
Why would Julia say this stuff to teachers and CPS, and then her own MOM, JT and sister deny that there was any abuse.
REMEMBER, we are seeking Justice for Julia, we want the truth to come out, and no MORE lies or coverups!!!

In many cases severe child abuse, one child is targeted while others in the household are treated completely differently. There's a book "A child Called It".... a horrific case thats an example of exactly that happening. One child is picked out to be the victim, the one to blame, the one most punished. As for CPS, closing a case UNFOUNDED, ITS VERY DIFFERENT from finding no guilt or alligations to be untrue. I have a foster child that was clearly abused. Because of age and circumstances in his previous home, numerous cases were closed unfounded, until finally there was enough provable evidence to remove him from the home.

Turnquist charged with child *advertiser censored* in Feb 2015.
Offense date of child *advertiser censored* is actually November 1, 2012, per video from article linked, Julia was murdered just over a month later.
Julia was 10 yrs old when Turnquist entered her life, minor child was 10 yrs old when Julia was murdered.
Mother and twin sister vehemently deny any wrong doing on the part of Turnquist, to the point of turning their backs on blood relatives.
Mother refuses to bring minor child to see a counselor, claiming minor child will refuse to speak to anyone.

Screen shot from video, I blurred DLN

Reporter in video shows document: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...n-of-interest-after-murder-of-julia-niswender

:confused: :sigh:

Offense date of child *advertiser censored* is actually November 1, 2012, per video from article linked, Julia was murdered just over a month later.
Julia was 10 yrs old when Turnquist entered her life, minor child was 10 yrs old when Julia was murdered.
Mother and twin sister vehemently deny any wrong doing on the part of Turnquist, to the point of turning their backs on blood relatives.
Mother refuses to bring minor child to see a counselor, claiming minor child will refuse to speak to anyone.

Reporter in video shows document: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...n-of-interest-after-murder-of-julia-niswender

Thank you very much for this catch, TigerBalm, I hadn't seen it before. It adds weight to "silencing" as motive for Julia's murder and may be the reason he is a POI and not giving a full statement.

So somebody made allegations of mistreatment of the twins against JT, and Child Protective Services made inquiries and didn't come up with any supporting evidence. But how thorough could those inquiries have been if Julia's sister had never heard of them?

CPS may have interviewed Jennifer, but they probably would not tell her that they are investigating abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OKAY no more skirting around all of this issue of who made the allegation and who was the accuser. From what we GRANDPARENTS recall, that the report came from the twins school. Evidently they noticed certain marks, bruises and behavior changes on Julia. Teacher's reported them, Julia was questioned, and CPS was called.
Why would Julia say this stuff to teachers and CPS, and then her own MOM, JT and sister deny that there was any abuse.
REMEMBER, we are seeking Justice for Julia, we want the truth to come out, and no MORE lies or coverups!!!

If I understand correctly, you already knew that the reason for the CPS investigation was the report by Julia's school? How did you find out about the reason for the investigation? Did Grandma Rose, Kim, or the school tell you this?

How did you find out about these allegations?

Computer forensics can check the activity before and after the photos in question, say facebook activity, email activity, twitter, etc.

They can also track the person by the time of the posts. Let's say the activity was at 2pm, LE can then go to employment records to see if someone was working at the time and not able to be on the computer at the home.

Hope that makes sense I feel like my brain already went to sleep. :lol: :sleep:

It makes perfect sense, and I thank you! I knew there was an explanation, but my tired brain could not recall how it could be done.

Thanks for this! It adds weight to a possible/probable connection with Julia's death if she knew of child *advertiser censored* or sexual abuse (or even physical abuse) and was going to tell authorities. Not accusing, but it just makes it all the more suspicious.

That date of offense is very important. on my opinion.

Children's Protective Services believes the girl is "at a serious risk of harm" if left in the care of her mother, according to the document.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...r-family-divided-emu-students-death/70183350/ *credit FindHG for link.

Unsnipped with background. . .

Later this morning, a pretrial conference is scheduled in another case involving James and Kim Turnquist's 12-year-old daughter in Monroe County. A petition filed by the Department of Human Services late last month sought to remove her from their home.

Children's Protective Services believes the girl is "at a serious risk of harm" if left in the care of her mother, according to the document. Turnquist plans on "standing by her husband" and doesn't believe he poses any risk of harm to their daughter, the petition said.

Kim Turnquist declined to comment for the story at the advice of her attorney. Her 12-year-old daughter is in her custody, but her husband's visitation with the child has been suspended, a court document shows.

I still have a migraine so wont be posting much today.

Edited / Updated:
Notes I've been making (please add or correct me on any of the following)

• Soft kill (regarding parental kills) Link from Bessie's post thread 2
  • Possible motive - keeping Julia quiet about something someone didn't want others to know. (Child *advertiser censored*? Abuse?) Inferred from the lack of sexual assault, robbery, or other clear motive. (Roses, et. al.)
  • Possibly premeditated; no visible signs of injury. Bessie, post #604
  • Past allegations of child abuse (2000). Taping mouths shut, hitting with spoons and pans. Monroe News Link
  • Not allowed to teach children anymore at Do Jo; allegations of harshness to children.
  • Marital problems alleged; Jim asked for a divorce. 4ist's post
  • Refuses to fully cooperate with LE; lawyers up quickly after Julia's death.
  • All laptops / PC's not handed over to LE in the beginning. One may still be missing.
  • Julia did not get along with stepfather; moves in with Grandmother.
  • Julia tweets "Trust no one." Julia Twitter Credit: TigerBalm for link. (caspermi thread #2)
  • Person possibly had access to Julia's apartment; was probably known by her. (no sign forced entry)
  • Child *advertiser censored* allegedly found; JT is charged with this crime. Monroe News
  • KT alleged to have had an affair allegedly due to lack of attention from JT.
  • Both girls were at a prime age for molestation / abuse by pedophile at the time of allegations of abuse.
  • Possibility of martial arts hold used to subdue Julia prior to drowning incident. [concept earlier thread]. Taekwondo Times Article Pg. 26 - credit to Spellbound for the link.
  • Young daughter of JT and KT is not allowed to live with JT presently. Link to Freep article; includes next quote
  • CPS states she would be "at serious risk of harm" if allowed to live with mother. (see article above)
  • Possible tie in to CB case - JT is an avid hunter who takes youngest daughter on hunts with him. (Black_Squirrel)
  • CB's body was located on hunting land and her sister is best friends with Julia's sister.
  • All three girls attended Monroe HS together.
  • Coincidence of "new evidence" in this case, coincides with the costume of Miss Bruck being located in Flat Rock.
  • Is KT in denial because to be otherwise would be to partially blame herself? Detroit Free Press Credit: FindHG
  • JT allegedly has bipolar illness and has shown instability when off meds. (according to some family members)
  • JT allegedly removed the bathroom door at residence while girls were young. (red flag / controlling / inappropriate).
  • JT very controlling personality. He did not like them to straighten their hair (ostensibly due to the smell). He would not allow them to do this in the house. (Trojan, post #622 Thread #2 page 5).
Last update: 5/19

NOVEMBER 1ST!!!!! IMO this is a huge thing. When did the rest of the family find out about these charges? IE: Anyone other than KT and JT. When did Julia find out? Julia's tweets around thus time do not indicate that anything was wrong in her life....she was on her way to NYC in early November and excited. It wasn't until her tweet later in November of "trust no one". Is this when she found out about the charges, or does this indicate that maybe someone close to the family gave a tip to LE about JT which caused LE to investigate him, and she was hurt/upset/untrusting of someone she was close to now because of this? 4ist & Trojan, when did you both find out about the charges?

Which police department seized the second laptop and other electronics? I would guess that it would be the Monroe Police department, because they are investigation the child *advertiser censored* charges.
Is that correct?

Yes ,it had to have been the Monroe County Sheriffs since their home is in Monroe Township - not the city of Monroe. The first one was with the Ypsilanti Police. So, good point, there are two computers and two different police agencies investigating. I 'm not sure if both are at the same or different labs to be analyzed.

Offense date is Nov 1, 2012 and the now infamous Julia Twitter "trust no one" was sent on Nov 26, 2012. We know Julia was murdered a couple weeks later.
The question, of course, is how those three data points are connected, or if they are....and can that be proved.

I remember some posts awhile back (closer to beginning of investigation), it was learned that the FBI was involved. At the time, I was thinking that the FBI would only be involved in her death investigation if a crime had been committed using a computer or something that involved multiple states, ie: Someone had cyber stalked her from another state, and then murdered her. Or someone committed identity fraud on a computer or something. I don't actually know at what point the FBI becomes involved or the exact reasons, I was just speculating. But if this is true that they became involved, it would make sense because of the Internet child *advertiser censored* charges...no? Can anyone confirm that the FBI was really involved and at what point?

Do you know if it was an executed Search Warrant in Dec 2014? IF it was executed, do you know why the computer was the only electronic device removed from the home at that time? I would assume the legal difference in voluntary and involuntary would be if the warrant was executed or not.

Evidently if a search warrant was used in December 2014, it only mentioned the one computer. KT claims they "gave" it to LE but LE did have a warrant which they may not have "served" for this item. Later, KT went to LE and said she wanted that computer back and she asked to see the search warrant which LE produced. KT was mad and did not get the computer back. Search warrants must be specific but because of what was found, the second one could specify all electronic devices which would include cell phones and such. LE can not just show up with a warrant as a means to obtain entry, then start searching for anything that is illegal - at least that's the way I understand the process.

I wonder why the reporters dont show the name and the offense on the document in the video. Are we sure this is the correct document that they are showing?

Ok.... So I found out some info with regards to FBI involvement. Murder is not a Federal crime. Its a State crime, which is investigated by the local, county, or state LE agencies. They would become involved if let's say if the murder were part of a larger Federal crime, for example Internet Child *advertiser censored* or Sex Trafficking. Here is a good link to what the FBI investigates: http://m.fbi.gov/#http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/what_we_investigate/@@mobileversion

NOVEMBER 1ST!!!!! IMO this is a huge thing. When did the rest of the family find out about these charges? IE: Anyone other than KT and JT. When did Julia find out? Julia's tweets around thus time do not indicate that anything was wrong in her life....she was on her way to NYC in early November and excited. It wasn't until her tweet later in November of "trust no one". Is this when she found out about the charges, or does this indicate that maybe someone close to the family gave a tip to LE about JT which caused LE to investigate him, and she was hurt/upset/untrusting of someone she was close to now because of this? 4ist & Trojan, when did you both find out about the charges?

The offense date is Nov 1, 2012, charges weren't brought until Feb, 2015.

I take this as the child *advertiser censored* was placed on the computer Nov 1, 2012, when LE took possession of the laptop in Dec 2014 and while searching the laptop found the child *advertiser censored* in question and filed charges Feb, 2015. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria