GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

Tom Kramer ‏@tomonair 18m18 minutes ago

The jury is back at it today as attorneys, media, family, friends, community wait for a verdict. @upnorthlive

Tom Kramer ‏@tomonair 12m12 minutes ago
The jury deliberating the case against Sean Phillips has a question for the court. @upnorthlive

Tom Kramer ‏@tomonair 6m6 minutes ago Ludington, MI
Judge Peter Wadel: "The question is one I cannot answer." Jury returns to deliberation.@upnorthlive
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cup0ntMXgAAsa0u.jpg

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 6m6 minutes ago Ludington, MI
The jury asked a ? the judge says he can't answer. Doesn't say what the question is. Gallery left with "WTH?" looks on their faces.

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 5m5 minutes ago Ludington, MI
This episode pretty much encapsulates how this court has operated..

I must be careful what I wish for. During early evening news report on WDIV, "Baby Kate" reported that Phillips had been acquitted on the charges. Someone not following the case would have assumed the case was over. I came here right away to if byo had most recent update. Glad to know that jury is deliberating. Hopefully, there will be a verdict before the end of the week.

I must be careful what I wish for. During early evening news report on WDIV, "Baby Kate" reported that Phillips had been acquitted on the charges. Someone not following the case would have assumed the case was over. I came here right away to if byo had most recent update. Glad to know that jury is deliberating. Hopefully, there will be a verdict before the end of the week.

David Lyden ‏@dmlyden9and10 8m8 minutes ago

#BREAKING Judge aquits first degree murder charge, second degree goes to jury #babykate @9and10News

This quote from Tuesday shows that Phillips was acquitted of the first degree charges. I can see that making headlines. However, the trial continues.

This quote from Tuesday shows that Phillips was acquitted of the first degree charges. I can see that making headlines. However, the trial continues.

Channel 4 report (probably 10 seconds!) simply indicated acquittal on the First Degree Murder charge. No mention of continuing jury deliberations. I didn't think it was accurate and came here post-haste to see what you knew.

Off to run some errands. Been cooped up all week with contractors in and out. Kitchen renovation very stressful :gaah:

Darren Cunningham ‏@darrenfox17 4m4 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Just watched the jury leave the jury room, head downstairs & outside. Prosecutor said they 'want to see something' @FOX17 #babykate

(O/T @ BDE: Maybe you should go to Travis' SideBar Friends and commiserate with coffeejunkie. :biggrin: )

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 16m16 minutes ago Mason County Courthouse

Jury opts for Jimmy John's as deliberations continue. More @WOODTV

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 16m16 minutes ago Mason County Courthouse

Jury opts for Jimmy John's as deliberations continue. More @WOODTV

Jimmy John's for lunch. Definitely a key point ;)

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 2m2 minutes ago Mason County Courthouse
Only movement from #BabyKate jurors is from the couple of smokers who head outside from time to time. More @WOODTV

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 1m1 minute ago Mason County Courthouse
This jury can stay after 5 pm. They decide their schedule. More @WOODTV
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CurMgxiWIAAnw7Q.jpg

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 13m13 minutes ago Mason County Courthouse
Sean Phillips waits as jury goes late. More @WOODTV
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CurcH1HXEAAalC7.jpg

Darren Cunningham ‏@darrenfox17 5m5 minutes ago Ludington, MI
Jury is walking out; deliberations resume 8:30 am tomorrow #babykate #seanphillips @FOX17

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 3m3 minutes ago Mason County Courthouse
Jury is done for today. They will be back tomorrow morning and so will I. Stay tuned. More @WOODTV

David Lyden ‏@dmlyden9and10 21m21 minutes ago
All jurors are here and deliberation has started #babykate @9and10News

Darren Cunningham ‏@darrenfox17 19m19 minutes ago
Jury starting third day of deliberations in the #BabyKate #SeanPhillips murder trial @FOX17

The jury in the Sean Phillips #BabyKate trial has been at it for more than 10 hours now. A hard working jury that has eschewed breaks.

This jury worked through lunch yesterday and, as far as I know, only broke when the smokers needed it. More @WOODTV

There was a question from the jury yesterday that the judge did not read in open court and told the jury he could not answer it.

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 4m4 minutes ago Ludington, MI
Usually unanswerable questions asked by a jury in murder trials are about more precise definitions of "intent" and "premeditation."

Hopefully, there will be a verdict in the case today. Many juries tend to render decisions before a weekend so they don't have to return on Monday. :moo:

Darren Cunningham ‏@darrenfox17 38m38 minutes ago Ludington, MI
Jury just left jury room and went outside to take a break in #babykate #seanphillips murder trial @fox17

Darren Cunningham ‏@darrenfox17 32m32 minutes ago Ludington, MI
Jury is headed back into the jury room from their short break @FOX17 #babykate #seanphillips

David Lyden ‏@dmlyden9and10 19m19 minutes ago
Evidence has been carried into courtroom, appears jury has asked to see something #babykate @9and10News

Darren Cunningham ‏@darrenfox17 18m18 minutes ago
Detectives took evidence, Kate's car seat etc. back into the courtroom in #babykate #seanphillips @FOX17

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 15m15 minutes ago Mason County Courthouse
Police move exhibits as they are requested by jurors. @WOODTV
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuvE8IHWcAAqDEl.jpg

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 12m12 minutes ago Ludington, MI
It appears the jury wants to see the letter written by Phillips to Kate's mom. http://woodtv.com/2014/04/03/sean-phillips-letter-about-baby-kate/ … More @WOODTV

Darren Cunningham ‏@darrenfox17 8m8 minutes ago Ludington, MI
Jury just left building, and we're told they're headed to lunch "however long that takes" @FOX17 #babykate #seanphillips

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 4m4 minutes ago Mason County Courthouse
Jury is going out for lunch today. Walking toward downtown. More @WOODTV

Darren Cunningham ‏@darrenfox17 8m8 minutes ago Ludington, MI
Jury just left building, and we're told they're headed to lunch "however long that takes" @FOX17 #babykate #seanphillips

Barton Deiters ‏@ReporterBartonD 4m4 minutes ago Mason County Courthouse
Jury is going out for lunch today. Walking toward downtown. More @WOODTV

Not having lunch brought in so they can continue to deliberate while eating? One more lunch on the house? Maybe they've reached a verdict that will come after lunch. :moo:

Jury deliberations cross 10-hour mark in ‘Baby Kate’ murder trial
Sean Phillips last seen with 4-month-old Katherine Phillips in June 2011

24 Hour News 8 web staff

Published: October 14, 2016, 10:13 am Updated: October 14, 2016, 12:27 pm

LUDINGTON, Mich. (WOOD) — Jury deliberations have entered their third day in the trial of Sean Phillips, who is charged with open murder in the death of his missing 4-month-old daughter.

Katherine Phillips, also known as Baby Kate, was last seen alive in June 2011 with her father in Ludington.

So far, more than ten hours have passed without a verdict from the jury of seven men and seven women...

http://woodtv.com/2016/10/14/jury-deliberations-cross-10-hour-mark-in-baby-kate-murder-trial/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back