GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

I have been looking at everything i can find about this today.

Someone asked earlier if the car seat had been found, i saw on one of the relatives FB page that they are not looking for it, just her but they can't say anymore.

I just hope this isn't another case where we never know what happened to that poor baby.

I would like to think this baby is with someone who is keeping her safe....but considering the moments leading up to the father taking the baby, I think he may have been acting in anger. He probably had not planned ahead of time to give the baby to someone....so it sounds like he acted spontaneously. Who would take this baby from him and not report it? Its seems so unlikely.
I really hate to think negatively....but....

And then we get to the same question we arrive at in so many of these other cases ... if someone has the kid, given all the police and media attention, why not step forward?

Still no new news. He had such a small window of time, wth is she?!

JMO but I think he had already set up an illegal adoption scenerio and was waiting for an opportunity to bolt with the baby. Hope they check all his phone and computer footprints real well. I just have a feeling...

Where could this baby be? I know TES is there searching...any WS in the local area of this case?

Apparently he may be released Wednesday on Bond, if he is, i hope someone can get some answers from him.

I really don't see how he can get out. It makes no sense to me....

I'm thinking a friend or family member has the baby. Mom doesn't seem the least bit worried, at least not on a normal level...setting up fund that she says could be used for funeral if baby is found dead...who even thinks something like that when their baby is missing? Dad's not even talking to his attorney...sounds like Elizabeth Johnson. I think Kate is alive, just like I think Gabriel Johnson is alive...but where are they?

And then we get to the same question we arrive at in so many of these other cases ... if someone has the kid, given all the police and media attention, why not step forward?

The only thing I can hope and hold onto is that he found a childless couple and promised them the baby.

I'm thinking a friend or family member has the baby. Mom doesn't seem the least bit worried, at least not on a normal level...setting up fund that she says could be used for funeral if baby is found dead...who even thinks something like that when their baby is missing? Dad's not even talking to his attorney...sounds like Elizabeth Johnson. I think Kate is alive, just like I think Gabriel Johnson is alive...but where are they?

Yes, the mother doesn't seem too distraught. I hate passing judgement when i don't know enough but there is something not right with her. Her brother has a status on FB that says he hopes when Kate comes home that her and Haley are put in a good home because he knows what his sister gets up to. Thats not too nice, uh?

In the last year, she has lost two younger siblings to suicide and now this, i would be inconsolable. JMHO but we have another messed up family here.

Yes, something doesn't seem right because I would be delirious with my husband if he was withholding information about my child from me. I suppose the element that seems missing to me is extreme anger.

I would be so happy if we found out she was alive and with a loving couple. I know there is an underground baby black market but I do not know if it is for illegal adoptions or something bad. This case has such a short time line the possibilities should be limited. Another odd family too. Oh dear.....

I'd think if it were an underground adoption, he'd have a pretty large amount of money somewhere. He either gave her away or killed her in a rage then went to Wendy's. Sean gotta eat too.

I really can't believe no one knows where this baby is located yet. Geez! I am really angry at the husband....I desperately wish he would talk!

Ludington's Baby Kate remains missing; Preliminary examination for accused kidnapper, Sean Michael Phillips, scheduled for Wednesday

The search for missing Ludington baby Katherine Shelbie-Elizabeth Phillips will continue Tuesday as authorities regroup and continue to field tips from the public about the child's whereabouts.

[snip]

The eight-day search of that swampy, heavily wooded area ended Sunday, producing no new information that would help authorities solve the case.

[snip]

Phillips remains lodged in the Mason County Jail, charged with kidnapping. He is being held on $500,000 bond.

A preliminary examination has been slated for 11:15 a.m. Wednesday.

More: http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/07/post_132.html

Volunteers needed of search in Baby Kate case

Volunteers are being asked to help complete the search of the Ludington Area Schools forest Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. as investigators continue to try to find out what happened to Katherine Shelbie-Elizabeth Phillips. "Baby Kate" has been missing since June 29 when last seen in the car of Sean Michael Phillips at Birch Run Apartments on Tinkham Road in Ludington.

More: http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news/59213-volunteers-sought-of-search-in-baby-kate-case

KATHERINE PHILLIPS, Age Now: 5 Month(s), Missing: 06/29/2011. Missing From LUDINGTON, MI. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Ludington Police Department (Michigan) 1-231-869-5858.

More...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back