Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC the quote from the neighbor whose house that victim ran to, referred to the victim as "a kid"
This was an older man who saw a person with purple hair running toward him in a cape. I suspect his first reaction was "what is this kid up to", especially if the running man was on the slightly built side.

Hi.. New here. Following this case on social media. One observation.. wouldn't it be likely that if JA is involved in some way, that he likely would've been involved in the November incident? Personally, I don't think it's unusual or strange for someone to maintain a relationship with their spouse after leaving/separation; sometimes that's the case even in abusive relationships.
Welcome to WS

Hi.. New here. Following this case on social media. One observation.. wouldn't it be likely that if JA is involved in some way, that he likely would've been involved in the November incident? Personally, I don't think it's unusual or strange for someone to maintain a relationship with their spouse after leaving/separation; sometimes that's the case even in abusive relationships.
Welcome! Great observation. I agree it can be common to maintain some type of relationship- especially if power/ control was involved.

I am on with fence about JA. His story can go one of 2 ways. Guilty he helped or innocent he had no clue. The thin line I believe is the Christmas visit. The easiest look of guilty he did cry he left do to he was in fear of his life but was there. The both into the BDSM so this is a common bond they share with JA being the sub. So that there in it's self looks suspicious. Especially if ML implied to Kevin "other men would be there".
That was view point #1. Now #2 JA never said he didn't love ML anymore. So you have a Sub who also is still in love with his husband and spent one last Christmas as husband&husband. And is totally innocent.

How can you tell who is the Sub?

Frequent lurker here but I think I've followed community guidelines...

I don't think I saw anywhere that JA said that they had no contact. I watched an interview where he said that the situation was unsafe due to ML's declining mental health, which tells me that he may have been trying to support or get help for ML. Abusive relationships are so hard to deal with and JA may have had a hard time completely breaking free when their mental health was in such a quick decline. When I watched the interview I really saw someone who was trying to not say much but gave some hints to why he left. He said "dangerous" at least once in regards to him living in the house. I don't know if he was trying to support an insanity claim or if he was trying to say that the person he married did not always act like the person he is today.

I do think that he was trying to distance himself from it. With the connection to the bear / leatherman community I think that there is also an underlying fear the of homophobia that may be connected to him now that his personal sexual preferences are out in the open. So I think this whole situation and the ex's responses are SUPER complicated. Wrapped up in his own personal experiences with the suspect, his response as a potential abuse survivor and his overall concern as a gay man who is connected to this horrific crime. I'm a PhD candidate who studies gender and sexuality in the Detroit area. There are very accepting areas in communities across the state, but there are far more that tend to swing conservative when it comes to underground queer communities.

My biggest concern with this whole case is what this means for Kevin and justice. I am happy that the judge is trying to shut down an insanity defense at the get go and that the media has reported on this in a balanced way, as to not bias potential jurors. I am super worried about the media reporting on the suspect's lifestyle, and in turn Kevin's, as an oddity. I actually think that JA coming out and showing himself as a normal member of the community is helpful in this regard. The one video of him talking to a reporter walking through his salon does this and could be useful to the state. Video here - Estranged husband of suspect in Bacon murder speaks out

Frequent lurker here but I think I've followed community guidelines...

I don't think I saw anywhere that JA said that they had no contact. I watched an interview where he said that the situation was unsafe due to ML's declining mental health, which tells me that he may have been trying to support or get help for ML. Abusive relationships are so hard to deal with and JA may have had a hard time completely breaking free when their mental health was in such a quick decline. When I watched the interview I really saw someone who was trying to not say much but gave some hints to why he left. He said "dangerous" at least once in regards to him living in the house. I don't know if he was trying to support an insanity claim or if he was trying to say that the person he married did not always act like the person he is today.

I do think that he was trying to distance himself from it. With the connection to the bear / leatherman community I think that there is also an underlying fear the of homophobia that may be connected to him now that his personal sexual preferences are out in the open. So I think this whole situation and the ex's responses are SUPER complicated. Wrapped up in his own personal experiences with the suspect, his response as a potential abuse survivor and his overall concern as a gay man who is connected to this horrific crime. I'm a PhD candidate who studies gender and sexuality in the Detroit area. There are very accepting areas in communities across the state, but there are far more that tend to swing conservative when it comes to underground queer communities.

My biggest concern with this whole case is what this means for Kevin and justice. I am happy that the judge is trying to shut down an insanity defense at the get go and that the media has reported on this in a balanced way, as to not bias potential jurors. I am super worried about the media reporting on the suspect's lifestyle, and in turn Kevin's, as an oddity. I actually think that JA coming out and showing himself as a normal member of the community is helpful in this regard. The one video of him talking to a reporter walking through his salon does this and could be useful to the state. Video here - Estranged husband of suspect in Bacon murder speaks out
I agree about both becoming and oddity. One sexual partners or the way the have sex doesn't make them odd or different. Nor makes them a horrible person, a murderer, nor should be a victim

Appeasing the monster is most likely the reason he saw him after moving out...

There might also be a twisted sense of pleasure in the thrill of it all - like the anticipation of getting on a roller coaster. JA might have enjoyed the anticipation of a sexual encounter even though he knew that he could very well be in harm's way with ML's downward spiraling behavior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member