Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Welcome to Websleuths!

Websleuths is different from other sites in that they only permit facts verified in mainstream media or LE to be shared here. Anything from social media is considered rumor/hearsay. You may want to hit the report button on your post so a mod can remove it.
Thank you for making me aware.
What is the “neighborhood page”? Link

Last edited:
Such a sad and scary story but the police seemed to really be on the ball and responding to tips without delay so that Kevin and ML could be found quickly. My heart goes out to Kevin’s family members and friends.

We have been discussing the clothing issue pretty intensely, and I think something in the prior incident provides a compelling clue about that. The young man who got away was wearing a kilt or in some reports a cape. According to the neighbor whose house the victim ran to, the perpetrator was pursuing the victim to retrieve the expensive kilt (or robe) that belonged to him. This suggests that the perpetrator did supply the victim with what he wanted the victim to wear.

The neighbor also said that the prior victim had the same body type as Kevin. So Kevin and the prior victim were big men, while the perpetrator and his husband were not. Could this show premeditation? Did the perpetrator buy clothing (kilt or robe) that would fit the larger body type of the person or people he planned to victimize?
Interesting theory.

I am sure that the ex won't discuss what happened when he encountered the murderer on Christmas Day.

While I find it odd that they did meet/spend time on Christmas, I am interested to know if the two met alone and where they met. Clearly, this murderer's life was unraveling. Having been together (by the ex's account) for over five years, I am curious as to how their friends were dividing up between them. Was the murderer further isolated from the social group? Was the Christmas visit a long meeting or a stop by?

The sad reality of all of this is that the murderer was going to kill someone eventually. His partner knew it. I feel pretty confident that the other friends knew it. So, he started luring unsuspecting people via apps.

He could not have been to out of touch with reality. He knew enough to tell Kevin that others were coming to this meeting in order to lull him into being more vulnerable. He is not out of touch but more like a Dahmer, IMO.
I wonder if his husband invited him over as he was afraid to cut cords with him all the way. Maybe he just wanted to keep some peace?

This was an older man who saw a person with purple hair running toward him in a cape. I suspect his first reaction was "what is this kid up to", especially if the running man was on the slightly built side.
Frequent lurker here but I think I've followed community guidelines...

I don't think I saw anywhere that JA said that they had no contact. I watched an interview where he said that the situation was unsafe due to ML's declining mental health, which tells me that he may have been trying to support or get help for ML. Abusive relationships are so hard to deal with and JA may have had a hard time completely breaking free when their mental health was in such a quick decline. When I watched the interview I really saw someone who was trying to not say much but gave some hints to why he left. He said "dangerous" at least once in regards to him living in the house. I don't know if he was trying to support an insanity claim or if he was trying to say that the person he married did not always act like the person he is today.

I do think that he was trying to distance himself from it. With the connection to the bear / leatherman community I think that there is also an underlying fear the of homophobia that may be connected to him now that his personal sexual preferences are out in the open. So I think this whole situation and the ex's responses are SUPER complicated. Wrapped up in his own personal experiences with the suspect, his response as a potential abuse survivor and his overall concern as a gay man who is connected to this horrific crime. I'm a PhD candidate who studies gender and sexuality in the Detroit area. There are very accepting areas in communities across the state, but there are far more that tend to swing conservative when it comes to underground queer communities.

My biggest concern with this whole case is what this means for Kevin and justice. I am happy that the judge is trying to shut down an insanity defense at the get go and that the media has reported on this in a balanced way, as to not bias potential jurors. I am super worried about the media reporting on the suspect's lifestyle, and in turn Kevin's, as an oddity. I actually think that JA coming out and showing himself as a normal member of the community is helpful in this regard. The one video of him talking to a reporter walking through his salon does this and could be useful to the state. Video here - Estranged husband of suspect in Bacon murder speaks out

Weird you say that the estranged husband wants to show that he is a normal member of the community. Seems like a very risky and potentially dangerous lifestyle. I would never teach my children it’s healthy to let your lover chain you up and be hurt. I had a client who is in the BDSM community and after knowing her for 8 years opted to stop working with her because I felt it wasn’t smart for me to put myself in situations where I would be alone at her house. I am a LMT and she would call me for apts. it seemed like after she had partied hard. The last time I worked on her she had bruising on the eyelids and this was the 3rd time she told me she had been drugged with GHB without her conscent. Everyone please be careful. There are dangers lurking around these behaviors. I heard bits and pieces of stories from my client over the years and it just doesn’t seem safe or like a healthy lifestyle. Seems like the dangers should out weigh the thrill.

Why does this say “dead BODIES”?

ETA: sorry about double post. Something went wonky.

Dead bodies has me wondering for sure.

Has anyone caught the charge of "disinterment" along with mutilation? My fog addled New Year's Day brain saw disinterment as disembowelment and I just went along with a number of assumptions running around in my head. This morning I reread the document after the post about Bodies (plural). The term used in the document is disinterment not disembowelment.

Did he try to bury Kevin and then dug him up? Good Lord, what did this guy do?

Has anyone caught the charge of "disinterment" along with mutilation? My fog addled New Year's Day brain saw disinterment as disembowelment and I just went along with a number of assumptions running around in my head. This morning I reread the document after the post about Bodies (plural). The term used in the document is disinterment not disembowelment.

Right, I searched disinterment to read the definition. I was thinking the body was inside the house for a long time?! With Kevin being such a large man it would be hard to remove.

I think it's one charge which covers both "disinterment" and "mutilation":

750.160 Disinterment, mutilation, defacement, or carrying away of human body; exception.

Sec. 160.

A person, not being lawfully authorized so to do, who shall wilfully dig up, disinter, remove, or convey away a human body, or the remains thereof, from the place where the body may be interred or deposited, or who shall knowingly aid in such disinterment, removal, or conveying away, or who shall mutilate, deface, remove, or carry away a portion of the dead body of a person, whether in his charge for burial or otherwise, whenever the mutilation, defacement, removal, or carrying away is not necessary in any proper operation in embalming the body or for the purpose of a postmortem examination, and every person accessory thereto, either before or after the fact, shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or by fine of not more than $5,000.00. This section shall not be construed to prohibit the digging up, disinterment, removal or carrying away for scientific purposes of the remains of prehistoric persons by representatives of established scientific institutions or societies, having the consent in writing of the owner of the land from which the remains may be disinterred, removed or carried away.

Michigan Legislature - Section 750.160

I think it's one charge which covers both "disinterment" and "mutilation":

750.160 Disinterment, mutilation, defacement, or carrying away of human body; exception.

Sec. 160.

A person, not being lawfully authorized so to do, who shall wilfully dig up, disinter, remove, or convey away a human body, or the remains thereof, from the place where the body may be interred or deposited, or who shall knowingly aid in such disinterment, removal, or conveying away, or who shall mutilate, deface, remove, or carry away a portion of the dead body of a person, whether in his charge for burial or otherwise, whenever the mutilation, defacement, removal, or carrying away is not necessary in any proper operation in embalming the body or for the purpose of a postmortem examination, and every person accessory thereto, either before or after the fact, shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or by fine of not more than $5,000.00. This section shall not be construed to prohibit the digging up, disinterment, removal or carrying away for scientific purposes of the remains of prehistoric persons by representatives of established scientific institutions or societies, having the consent in writing of the owner of the land from which the remains may be disinterred, removed or carried away.

Michigan Legislature - Section 750.160
Thanks makes a whole lot more sense. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500