MI - Mother charged with beating 8-year old daughter to death - March 16, 2024

One more angel gets her wings...
And we again ask, "Why?"

From "Click on Detroit"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
. . . Police said the child had “significant bruising and swelling” to her head and neck. Prosecutors said the injuries made the child “unrecognizable.”
“I cannot even describe to you how heinous these pictures were and how much they truly affected me,” said Assistant Prosecutor Erin Wilmoth.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Source: Wayne mother charged with murder, child abuse in death of 8-year-old girl

From that photo I get the impression she’ll have no problem adjusting to prison life. She’s a bully. Bullies intimidate those they view as weaker than themselves. I also see a scared little girl, who chose to be a predator, because it’s better than being prey. Nobody chooses to be a victim. But we have a choice in who we become… a survivor or a predator. The thing about prison is, there’s always a bigger bully, waiting to give people like her, a wake up call. R.I.P. Lyla, sleep well angel. Know that you are loved.
JMO.

suspect's FB:

I see that everyone will have to dump on Chelsea. Cant be avoided.
But I am starting to wonder if she was "damaged" long before this happened.....

I just keep thinking .........."the boyfriend" scenario that we see over and over and over again.

A woman from Wayne is being held without bond after being charged with felony murder and first-degree child abuse in the death of her 8-year-old daughter.

Early Saturday morning, Chelsea Renee Duperon, 30, called 911 to report her daughter, Lyla Cassel, had stopped breathing.
[snip]
Police said Duperon first claimed her daughter fell down the stairs but then her stories began to change.

Duperon reportedly told her live-in boyfriend two days earlier that a ghost or spirit assaulted her daughter. The boyfriend is not Lyla's father.
[snip]
When talking to police further, Duperon talked about "bad spirits" and a mystery woman who appeared in their basement and assaulted Lyla days earlier.

Police said Lyla was wearing a diaper and that Duperon said it was because it was difficult for her daughter to get to the bathroom after she was injured, so she thought wearing a diaper would be easier.

It's been alleged that Duperon has problems with alcohol and relatives said she would drink and drive with her daughter in the car, according to police.
Woman charged with murder, child abuse claims mystery woman appeared, killed her little girl

Alcohol induced psychosis maybe?
What is Alcohol Induced Psychosis? | Phoenix Rising Recovery

Could she be covering for the boyfriend?
With the boyfriend in the picture... I'd check that little girls' remains for SA.

Why don't people who no longer want their child/children give them up for adoption so they have a chance ?
That egg donor was able to live her life-- why steal that from her own flesh and blood ?
Rest in peace, Lyla.

Omo.

I don't think the BF had anything to do with her death or SA'd this child just based on the limited info we have now. I think responsiblity lays directly at mom's feet for this one. Should the boyfriend have tried to get help for this poor child? absolutely, but I think that awful omission is all he is guilty of.

Sounds like mom's family has had concerns for a while based on their statements to police that mom has alcohol problems and frequently drives the child around drunk, I suspect alcohol and/or drug induced psychosis may be involved. Do I blame them for not intervening? No. They may have tried to get her the help she needs but that can be a tough row to hoe for a family with member who has an addiction or mental illness.

Does it seem like this is happening more frequently? Every day I read about children being killed. And our criminal justice system is bloated with child abusers and murderers. The lives of children are completely devalued.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back