MI - Mother charged with beating 8-year old daughter to death - March 16, 2024

Does it seem like this is happening more frequently? Every day I read about children being killed. And our criminal justice system is bloated with child abusers and murderers. The lives of children are completely devalued.

I agree. I feel like this epidemic has become worse - children dying at the hands of their parents / or boy/girl friends. This one has hit me hard. They let her lay there suffering for days instead of seeking help. She likely could have been saved.

I don't have access to an article from mainstream media, but individuals acquainted with the family are speaking out. It's imperative to thoroughly investigate the boyfriend and delve into their past residences and any associated police reports. I have faith that authorities are already pursuing these avenues, and I believe it's only a matter of time before he faces arrest as well.

I believe some blame should go to someone who doesn't report to authorities when they know a parent is regularly driving a child around while intoxicated. It's not okay to just keep it a family secret.
When children are involved, family NEEDS to get involved. How can they not?

Sounds like mom's family has had concerns for a while based on their statements to police that mom has alcohol problems and frequently drives the child around drunk, I suspect alcohol and/or drug induced psychosis may be involved. Do I blame them for not intervening? No. They may have tried to get her the help she needs but that can be a tough row to hoe for a family with member who has an addiction or mental illness.
They should have intervened, the could have called child services and stepped up to take the child if needed.

With the boyfriend in the picture... I'd check that little girls' remains for SA.

Why don't people who no longer want their child/children give them up for adoption so they have a chance ?
That egg donor was able to live her life-- why steal that from her own flesh and blood ?
Rest in peace, Lyla.

Omo.

BBM I would also LOVE to know the answer to that question! And, I'm curious... did this murder-mom have a job... did she receive some type of gov't financial assistance that she would lose by giving up her child?

They should have intervened, the could have called child services and stepped up to take the child if needed.
do you know for a fact that they didn't make such attempts? How many cases have we read about here where family did call child services repeatedly and offer to foster the child to be ignored and the child still end up dead?

I'm not piling onto a family that is grieving when I have no evidence to do so. My blame is for the mother, who brought a beautiful little girl into the world and then murdered her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back