MI MI - Paige Renkoski, 30, Fowlerville, 24 May 1990

So is it the basic theory that all of these men abducted her? That seems a little overkill. You would think 1..maybe 2 would be behind it. But 5?

So is it the basic theory that all of these men abducted her? That seems a little overkill. You would think 1..maybe 2 would be behind it. But 5?
Good question. There may be a good reason for all of the different suspect sketches. They were probably made from different eyewitness accounts. And those accounts may have resulted in differing descriptions and sketches of the same men.

It is possible also that some men stopped to talk with Paige and left before others arrived to abduct her.

Here are a few of the suspect sketches released to the public:

paige_marie_renkoski_7.jpg
paige_marie_renkoski_8.jpg
paige_marie_renkoski_9.jpg
renkoski_paige_sketch4.jpg

There were several such sketches made. But were there numerous perpetrators or possibly only two?

One account stated that there was a mini van parked near Paige's car and that two men were seen talking to her just prior to her disappearance.

Here is a photo of a mini van similar to one seen near Paige's car on I-96:

renkoski_paige_van.jpg

There was a lot of press and publicity on this case, and plenty of opportunity for any innocent persons who only stopped to help Paige to come forward with information.

Good question. There may be a good reason for all of the different suspect sketches. They were probably made from different eyewitness accounts. And those accounts may have resulted in differing descriptions and sketches of the same men.
I agree. Over the years I've seen about ten different sketches of these suspects in MSM reports. As Richard pointed out above, different witnesses probably described the men slightly differently, resulting in multiple sketches.

The number of suspects reportedly seen in or around the mini van varies depending on the media source. Typically the number is somewhere between two and five men, but it's been some time since I reviewed the details of Paige's MP case so I might be wrong about that.

Thank you for still searching and talking about her. My mom worked with her fiancee and he still thinks of her. So every year we say a prayer for her. Hope she is found soon.
Thanks for that information about your mom and her fiance. i am glad to hear he still thinks about her--- I am sure he has been deeply affected by her loss and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

I have the impression that it was a real crime of opportunity: a minor traffic accident happened and the other person took her... If you think about it, it's probably one of the few ways you can interact with someone completely anonymously and random, especially in 1990 with limited cell phones and no traffic cameras... The thing about the badges could be true: was there a cluster of crimes of this type in the area?... Maybe a combination of both: accident of random minor traffic, crime of opportunity, he used the beer to put it in his vehicle, feigning his authority....
wherever you are Paige...
rest in peace

Paige Marie Renkoski

What we know about the day Paige Renkoski disappeared​

Renkoski drove her mother to Detroit Metro Airport that morning, then visited with a friend who lived in Canton Township.

She was seen at a party store in Canton Township later that afternoon, where she purchased a beer. Witnesses told police they saw Renkoski on the side of the freeway speaking with a man next to a maroon minivan.

Her vehicle was found stopped and running on the westbound shoulder of I-96, about a half a mile from the Fowlerville exit. The beer she purchased, her shoes and her purse were found inside the vehicle. Renkoski has never been located.
Breaking down the timeline:
  • Renkoski left her mother at the airport around 11:30 a.m. Then, she went to visit a friend in the Canton Township area. She left her friend’s home at around 2 p.m.
  • She was spotted at a party store west of I-275 in Canton Township between 2:30 p.m. and 2:45 p.m., where she purchased a beer.
  • Witnesses reported seeing her standing on the shoulder of the freeway speaking with a man and standing next to a maroon minivan.
  • The silver/gray 2-door 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass she had been driving was found on the side of I-96 near the Fowlerville exit at 7:48 p.m. that same day. The car was running and the windshield wipers were on due to a rainstorm. Her shoes, purse, and the beer she purchased were inside the vehicle.
Paige Marie RenkoskiDetails
Missing Age30
Current Age62
Height5′6′'
Weight125 lbs
Day of Last ContactMay 24, 1990
LocationFowlerville
HairBlonde/Strawberry
EyesBlue
Renkoski had two screws in her left knee, a long scar on the inside of her right arm, and a scar on her left leg. She was last seen wearing a white V-neck sweater and was wearing it backward. She was wearing black and multi-color print pants.
She was wearing a dark green medium-length necklace with gold beads. She had green and gold earrings to match.

If you have any information, you should contact the Livingston County Sheriff’s Department at 517-546-2440

LINKS:

This cold case is one which should be in the jurisdiction and purview of the Michigan State Police, since Paige was last known to be traveling by car from the airport to her home, and last seen on a highway. It would be nice to know what priority her case has been assigned for investigation. Here is the official Michigan State Police policy regarding cold cases:

The Michigan State Police Cold Case Unit determines which cases will be officially reopened by using a scoring matrix. The matrix is comprised of several factors which determine each case's solvability rating. Even though all cold cases will be reviewed, not all of them may be reopened for investigation.

This cold case is one which should be in the jurisdiction and purview of the Michigan State Police, since Paige was last known to be traveling by car from the airport to her home, and last seen on a highway. It would be nice to know what priority her case has been assigned for investigation. Here is the official Michigan State Police policy regarding cold cases:

The Michigan State Police Cold Case Unit determines which cases will be officially reopened by using a scoring matrix. The matrix is comprised of several factors which determine each case's solvability rating. Even though all cold cases will be reviewed, not all of them may be reopened for investigation.
Does anyone know if this case has been re-opened????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back