GUILTY MI - Patrick Mikes, 55, Troy, 27 July 2012

A few things:

Blood in the basement (although it is arguable as to how much).
Blood in the trunk of the car (no one knows how much).
Missed work on Friday.
Time of significance is Saturday (before going to the movies, etc.)
Bought cleaning supplies either on Friday night or Sunday night (or both?).
Public statement by LE that they believe SR was 'beat to death.'

At 16 during summer, I don't think it would be out of the ordinary for AM to hang out with friends for days on end. One thing is certain, he was home on Saturday morning at 9:00 when Jr. said he was going out to look for dad.

No mention of the bike in recent days. I wonder if LE has new information about the whereabouts of the bike?

JMO - there were cleaning supplies purchased. The circles on the walls with nothing visible probably indicate blood that could only be seen with luminol...

I wonder if any family came to court today.

There are people in attendance at the arraignment, but I don't know whether they are family members or visitors. I actually thought about going to the arraignment, but it's kind of a crummy day, so I stayed home.

I wonder if any family came to court today.

According to the Detroit News:

A charge of open murder was formally filed in 52-4 District Court against Patrick Mikes Jr. Mikes, a college senior, may now be looking at life in prison if convicted of killing his father.

Christopher Andreoff, Mikes' attorney, entered a plea of not guilty to the charge. A preliminary exam conference is scheduled for Aug. 27.

Ordinarily, Mikes Jr. would have been preparing for a year of psychology and pre-med studies at the University of Notre Dame, where he was on scholarship. Instead, he shuffled in and out of the district courtroom in street clothes and belly chains, his head bowed in front of a half-dozen photographers and a jammed courtroom that included his sister and maternal grandparents.

Gone was the beard he had worn in an earlier court appearance.

Andreoff argued for bond for Mikes.

"My client has substantial roots and ties, an honor student and university student ... he is no longer enrolled at Notre Dame due to these criminal issues," said Andreoff. "I suspect he is eligible for bond."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120809/METRO02/208090471#ixzz2354My7AE

I wish he would just say where his father is so he can be given a proper burial or cremation.

I still can't believe minimal charges on a credit card could be the reason for a murder. There had to have been things leading up to this.

I also now really wonder about schizoprenia - it wouldn't be unusual for a college-age person to develop really overt symptoms and be diagnosed. It would be nice if there were some interviews from people who knew him during his last semester at school.

I agree. My heart goes out the the entire family. They have all been through a lot, escpecially the two remaining kids. Hopefully they have a good support system.

So I'm watching Channel 7...did the attorney actually have the nerve to state that Jr. had a place to stay and that was the house where the murder occurred? Goodness.

So I'm watching Channel 7...did the attorney actually have the nerve to state that Jr. had a place to stay and that was the house where the murder occurred? Goodness.

At the arraignment, Patrick Mikes, Jr.'s attorney described his client as "homeless". Doesn't sound like he is staying at the family home. IIRC, PM, Jr. was not allowed to return to the family residence per the terms of his original bond agreement.

Also, last night I heard that the maternal grandparents had returned to their home in Florida, but on the 5:00 news on WDIV, it was reported that they were in the courtroom today for the arraignment, and Mikes, Jr.'s attorney said that they were prepared to pay additional bond so that their grandson didn't have to be incarcerated.

I wish he would just say where his father is so he can be given a proper burial or cremation.

I still can't believe minimal charges on a credit card could be the reason for a murder. There had to have been things leading up to this.

I also now really wonder about schizoprenia - it wouldn't be unusual for a college-age person to develop really overt symptoms and be diagnosed. It would be nice if there were some interviews from people who knew him during his last semester at school.

Having experienced the onset of schizophrenia with a family member in her early twenties, it is entirely possible that this may have been developing in young Patrick Mikes. I am much more open to this suggestion than alcohol and/or drug use. I rarely jump to those conclusions in cases where young adults are involved because I know from personal experience that a serious mental illness can precipitate, and sometimes explain, unexpected behaviors.

Please keep Patrick Mikes, Jr. and his family in your prayers.

dangggg thank you all for the links and info the past day or so, i've been busy w/ funeral.
imo it's just pathetic that this poor man was beaten to death by his oldest son! (charged w/ but not proven guilty))and this man who housed and fed and clothed and paid for college for this murderer is not even found yet! GMAB already. I cannot handle these wishy washy pathetic type males who hang their head and have no impulse control and now that they've been charged w/ beating their father to death cannot even whisper a hint to where he put his father's body!!
it's crazy to me to think of me or you or whoever just stumbling upon a decomposing body while I'm out geocashing w/ my kid.
praying this man is found. thanking Troy LE for getting him back in jail.

Having experienced the onset of schizophrenia with a family member in her early twenties, it is entirely possible that this may have been developing in young Patrick Mikes. I am much more open to this suggestion than alcohol and/or drug use. I rarely jump to those conclusions in cases where young adults are involved because I know from personal experience that a serious mental illness can precipitate, and sometimes explain, unexpected behaviors.

Please keep Patrick Mikes, Jr. and his family in your prayers.

BetteDavisEyes, we are in the same boat....I also had a family member develop schizophrenia in his early 20's. It can be an excruciating time for the whole family. I have to say that many of the young people who break through with these mental illnesses are/have been very intelligent and have been all-around great young people. So sad....

At the arraignment, Patrick Mikes, Jr.'s attorney described his client as "homeless". Doesn't sound like he is staying at the family home. IIRC, PM, Jr. was not allowed to return to the family residence per the terms of his original bond agreement.

Also, last night I heard that the maternal grandparents had returned to their home in Florida, but on the 5:00 news on WDIV, it was reported that they were in the courtroom today for the arraignment, and Mikes, Jr.'s attorney said that they were prepared to pay additional bond so that their grandson didn't have to be incarcerated.

I read an article yesterday that said he was staying with friends. Also, he was arrested at a restaurant where he was eating dinner.

dangggg thank you all for the links and info the past day or so, i've been busy w/ funeral.
imo it's just pathetic that this poor man was beaten to death by his oldest son! (charged w/ but not proven guilty))and this man who housed and fed and clothed and paid for college for this murderer is not even found yet! GMAB already. I cannot handle these wishy washy pathetic type males who hang their head and have no impulse control and now that they've been charged w/ beating their father to death cannot even whisper a hint to where he put his father's body!!
it's crazy to me to think of me or you or whoever just stumbling upon a decomposing body while I'm out geocashing w/ my kid.
praying this man is found.
thanking Troy LE for getting him back in jail.

Some people have little regard for human life, and tossing a person's body like trash is one of the most disgusting and selfish actions imaginable! Not to mention, also, that LE has suggested that there might be "body parts". Given the amount of blood at the crime scene, I considered the possibility of dismemberment but couldn't bring myself to post it here.

The search for Mr. Mikes body will continue today. I hope that his remains are found so that whoever took his life doesn't get away with murder. Sadly, this is happening more frequently these days because the "perps" have figured out that they can get away with a crime if there's not enough evidence. My thoughts and prayers are with the searchers.

Son of missing Troy man pleads not guilty to open murder charge WITH VIDEO

Published: Friday, August 10, 2012

By CAROL HOPKINS
carol.hopkins@oakpress.com; Twitter: OPCarolHopkins @opcarolhopkins

The son of a missing Troy father described as a person of interest in a violent altercation at their home entered a not-guilty plea at his arraignment Thursday.

Appearing downcast, Patrick Mikes Jr., 21, clean-shaven and wearing a striped polo shirt and dark pants, sat handcuffed in the jury box at Troy’s 52-4 District Court as his defense attorney Christopher Andreoff entered the plea.

He spoke only when the Judge William Bolle asked him questions about the proceedings...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arti...50240f3c97539813009760.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
And_Justice_For_All
Back