MI MI - Ronald & Christine Jabalee, both 58, New Baltimore, 6 Oct 2006

http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2010/10/19/news/doc4cbdbee6a8835001388375.txt

A neigbhor of murder victims Ronald G. and Christine Jabalee said he saw a dark-colored pickup truck leaving their house the night police believe they were kiilled.

David Klatt testified this morning in the trial of the couple's son that he saw the Ford or General Motors pickup truck pull out of the Jabalee's driveway at 1 to 1:30 a.m. Oct. 7, 2009, with its headlights off. The lights went on as it drove onto Washington Street.

He said the pickup truck "appeared to be very, very dark" and told police in December 2006 "it was a black truck with silver trim."

The testimony in the Macomb County courthouse appeared to help the defense because murder defendant Ronald F. Jabalee was driving a light-colored Silverado,according to his defense attorney.

Trial Coverage 10-20-2010

Jabalee: 'I thought maybe I went berserk'
Defendant wonders in video if he killed parents sleepwalking

Christine Ferretti / The Detroit News

Mount Clemens — Shortly after his parents were found murdered in the garage of their New Baltimore home, Ronald F. Jabalee began to ponder if he had killed them while sleepwalking.

"I thought maybe I went berserk, woke up, drove over there, did this, and drove home," Jabalee said in a videotaped 2008 interview with police.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101020/METRO/10200336/1409/metro#ixzz12y90Sde4

Jabalee’s motive discussed
Dale Nelson testified Wednesday that the elder Ronald Jabalee, his “best friend,” confided to him about six to seven weeks before his slaying that he was displeased with his son.

“He was upset about some of the financial issues going on at the store,” Nelson said in court. “Ron Junior didn’t seem too much interested in the store anymore.”

The elder Jabalee told him, “I’m not losing my house because of that .”

Nelson said in Macomb County Circuit Court in Mount Clemens he “never” heard Jabalee talk about his son in that manner before, saying they seemed to have a “good relationship” and that the elder Jabalee “seemed to favor” his eldest son.

FBI agent Richard Osborne said during a February 2008 interview with the defendant, the younger Jabalee, admitted his father wasn’t happy that he had resumed taking Vicodin in September 2006 after quitting in August 2006.

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2010/10/20/news/doc4cbfb763186bd956899089.txt

With the amount of injuries this couple had, I think there should have been two suspects. They had multiple blows to the head and multiple stab wounds. I just can't see one person wailing a bat/or object and a knife at the same time. Plus wasn't there two knifes missing?

I just can't get over the "I might have killed them while I was sleepwalking", because he said it to a few people not just once.

i think he could have beat the dad first with that long metal piece, then beat mom some when she came to investigate. Afterwards he finished them off with the knives. One person could have done it.

It will be interesting to see the verdict.

Yeah I must admit that is strange, but he also said it to the police that is why I don't think he did it......I know that may mean nothing. I get the feeling he was so messed up on pills, over worked, not enough sleep and the brutality of the crime he wasn't in his right mind. I imagine myself trying to sleep at night after a crime like that the dreams/ nightmares would be overwhelming. If he did it, he would have been covered in blood, the blood would have been in his vehicle all over the place, but nothing was ever found. No one has said he was missing at that time. Another truck was seen leaving the house. I see the drug dealing brother doing the crime more then I do the Ron Jr.

JulieR I believe there was evidence that a hose and a mop was used by the killer that night in the garage, I'll have to go back and look. It has been theorized that the clean-up was to remove the writing in blood believed to be written by Christine. The indecipherable writing which remained was under a vehicle and not easily seen. Perhaps in his frantic state the killer did not see it, or it was done after he left.

The curious thing about the hose, bucket, mop; all were neatly put away after being used, hose re-coiled even.

Live blog from Ronald Jabalee murder trial
http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2010/10/21/news/doc4cc07299b5984816688266.txt

This is my first time to post on this topic... I don't have the history or knowledge of information about this topic that others have.

I have read articles and Jameson Cook's live posts about testimony since the trial began, and so far I don't believe that the state has proved its case.

If I were a juror, I'd have a hard time finding him guilty based on what the state has presented.

The clean up is strange for anyone to do, even if they knew the family or not it was strange. The only thing that tells me is whoever did this cleans up after them self. JMO I still feel like there was two people that did this crime, just a gut feeling. I am waiting to see what the DNA has to say.

The elder Jabalee's were said to be compulsively clean. A place for everything and everything in it's place.

The case is circumstantial no doubt about that. I personally lean towards his guilt.

Wow only one hour, I am glad he was found not guilty. The saddest part is I think LE could have done more to find the true killer/ killers, they put the focus mainly on Ron Jr..........I do wonder if maybe Ron Jr made the statements he did, to take the focus off someone else (just thinking with my fingers), knowing he didn't do the crime and none of his evidence would be there. That would be a good reason for him not to want to take a LD test, if he was asked who would want to do this to his parents.

LE wants us to believe ron was cracked out on pills & went beserk on his parents but then was calm & calculating enough to clean up the crime scene and him self so well. a crime like this is unnervving enough for the peple around it (i quit down there), imagine what it must have felt like to ron. and then it was the police and his uncle who suggested to him that he may have done this and he began doubting himself. he said "maybe i did this" under the pressure, but then turned around and said "no, there's no way i could have done this". that was LE's big case against him? after losing their only grandparents left, ron's kids then had to go through this. and last but not least - the real killer(s) is still out there & will probabally get away with it because LE focused all their attention on ron for so long.

:angel:To Sad thank you for all of your sincerity and kindness! I must admit, Im curious as to whom you are, but nonetheless grateful for your continous support!!
I'm sure I speak for many people! God Bless you!

Julie R
A special thank you to you as well!!

Wishing you and yours nothing but peace, what a long sad road. I must say, I admire the courage and strength the family has shown, in the darkest hours. I'm sure Ron and Christine would be proud. (((hugs)))

thank you to everyone on this site who was so open and understanding to me as a poster. only joined to get more info to all the great minds on here to help solve this horrific crime. it's frustrating when you see so much wrong info thrown out by the press. but i'll be the 1st to admit that if 5 people witness an accident, you can & often will get 5 different stories about what ocurred. thank you for listening (reading) my perspective of the situation and weighing it with others. to ron & chris's family - you are still in my prayers, especially ron, debbie & the kids. to push - don't wonder about me, i maintain that i am merely an acquaintance who was only on the fringe of all this craziness, but even just that closeness affected me so i can only imagine what family & friends must have gone through all these years, and still be going through. god bless you all & thanks again!

This Friday on Dateline NBC
http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/27/5936559-jan-28-written-in-blood
Jan. 28: Written in Blood

A Michigan family is torn apart when a mother and father are found dead on the floor of their garage. Dennis Murphy reports on the various challenges and missing pieces of the investigation, and why detectives suspected someone within the family. Join us this Friday, Jan. 28, at 9pm/8c for Written in Blood.

This case is being profiled on Dateline NBC right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back