MI - Samantha Woll, a Detroit synagogue president, fatally stabbed *Arrest*

A man being held in connection with the slaying of Detroit synagogue leader Samantha Woll was charged with murder, prosecutors said Wednesday.

The suspect, identified as Michael Jackson-Bolanos, 28, of Detroit, had been taken into custody Sunday as part of the investigation into Woll's death in October, said Wayne County Prosecutor Kim L. Worthy. She added that there are "no facts to suggest" that he knew Woll or that it was a hate crime.

The announcement of a person in custody was the second in as many months after investigators said in November they were holding someone — then released them three days later without further explanation...
Good to hear of this arrest: now waiting for an arrest on Dr. Hoover

"Samantha Woll case update:

'Stranger' charged with murder of Detroit synagogue leader."

:(

View attachment 467830

I say it every time. It seems so wrong and unfair of the media to pair photos of the vile perpetrator next to the victim. The visual association pains my heart, for the victims, the families. I know it's for public consumption but I still wish the victim's photos would be front and center and the perpetrator's embedded below. IMO victims deserve that distance.

I'm relieved there's been an arrest. Heart is broken, the raw senselessness.

JMO

I say it every time. It seems so wrong and unfair of the media to pair photos of the vile perpetrator next to the victim. The visual association pains my heart, for the victims, the families. I know it's for public consumption but I still wish the victim's photos would be front and center and the perpetrator's embedded below. IMO victims deserve that distance.

I'm relieved there's been an arrest. Heart is broken, the raw senselessness.

JMO
I HATE when they do that.
Stalkers who kill want to be attached to their victim forever and our media gives them that although this case seems to be B&E vs stalking. Too bad the guy didn't run past her. I'm pretty sure NOTHING would have happened to him. Now he is going to trial for murder. What an idiot.

Holy cow, how horrible and terrifying. A boogeyman-esque story - encountering a burglar when you come home alone late at night. Especially if someone dropped her off and was so (relatively) close by, and right before Hanukkah, and with all the additional stress she was probably facing due to current events - what a horrific situation all around. May her memory be a blessing.

That man knew her and was involved within the Jewish Community.
His feeling responsible for her death just may be that he did drop her off after the wedding and she entered her home alone?
That's all true, but it would definitely explain why police had a keen interest in him (beyond him also saying that he felt responsible for her death). If he were the last known (other) person to see her alive it would make more sense.

That's all true, but it would definitely explain why police had a keen interest in him (beyond him also saying that he felt responsible for her death). If he were the last known (other) person to see her alive it would make more sense.
Maybe he had a breakdown hearing of her death.

Detroit — Samantha Woll was stabbed eight times and investigators found the Jewish leader’s blood on the jacket they believe was worn by the Detroit man charged with killing her, prosecutors revealed during a Wednesday court hearing.

The new details revealed how investigators linked an alleged burglar with a long rap sheet, Detroiter Michael Jackson-Bolanos, with the popular community leader whose stabbing death more than seven weeks ago raised concerns within the Jewish community about an antisemitic attack coinciding with the Israel-Hamas war.

Court records and statements from a Wayne County assistant prosecutor describe a case involving a crime of opportunity, a tragic mistake and an “astonishing” amount of evidence linking Jackson-Bolanos to the crime following an investigation involving local, state and federal officials...

DETROIT – Charges have been handed down in the Samantha Woll murder case nearly two months after the Detroit synagogue president was killed outside her home.

Here’s everything we know about the case so far...

If he did drop her off that night then he most likely was the last person to be with her and if he didn't walk her inside her home my heart really goes out to him because it's more than understandable why he would feel responsible for her death.
That's a certain kind of hell to live with.

" 'What all that evidence tells us is that the defendant stabbed Samantha Woll to death during a home invasion during a crime of opportunity late at night',
Elsey said.

'He was creeping around her neighborhood in the middle of the night stealing things out of cars,

and she unfortunately left her front door open that night'.

That mistake was confirmed by Woll’s home security system.

'At 4:20 a.m. on Oct. 21,
the security system detected motion in her living room, where Woll apparently had fallen asleep',
the assistant prosecutor said."

o_O

Last edited:
Detroit — Samantha Woll was stabbed eight times and investigators found the Jewish leader’s blood on the jacket they believe was worn by the Detroit man charged with killing her, prosecutors revealed during a Wednesday court hearing.

The new details revealed how investigators linked an alleged burglar with a long rap sheet, Detroiter Michael Jackson-Bolanos, with the popular community leader whose stabbing death more than seven weeks ago raised concerns within the Jewish community about an antisemitic attack coinciding with the Israel-Hamas war.

Court records and statements from a Wayne County assistant prosecutor describe a case involving a crime of opportunity, a tragic mistake and an “astonishing” amount of evidence linking Jackson-Bolanos to the crime following an investigation involving local, state and federal officials...
Can’t access the article but would love to know what the Wayne County assistant prosecutor is describing as “a tragic mistake.”

Can’t access the article but would love to know what the Wayne County assistant prosecutor is describing as “a tragic mistake.”
She fell asleep on the couch and left her front door open.

" 'What all that evidence tells us is that the defendant stabbed Samantha Woll to death during a home invasion during a crime of opportunity late at night',
Elsey said.

'He was creeping around her neighborhood in the middle of the night stealing things out of cars,

the security system detected motion in her living room, where Woll apparently had fallen asleep',

o_O

Elsey said.

o_O

open? or unlocked?

"Prosecutors described her murder as a
'crime of opportunity'
when Mr Jackson-Bolanos was allegedly 'prowling'
the neighbourhood stealing from cars and

came across her open front door."

Last edited:
open? or unlocked?
I wonder if she had a storm/screen door in addition to the front door. I don't recall what the weather was like that night, but maybe she left the front door open with the screen door providing fresh air. Someone walking past her home would have noticed if the front door (behind a storm/screen door) was open. JMO

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wonder if she had a storm/screen door in addition to the front door. I don't recall what the weather was like that night, but maybe she left the front door open with the screen door providing fresh air. Someone walking past her home would have noticed if the front door (behind a storm/screen door) was open. JMO
There are no storm/screen doors at her complex. They aren't allowed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back