MI MI - Sandra Loepp, 37, Washington Twp, 16 Dec 2012

So while all the drama surrounding this case plays out else where on the net....... (and also now in my local community and the surrounding ones as well)

Sandra was put to rest on December 20th. I am not going to directly link her obit page as there is quite a bit of drama surrounding this and that page should be off limits to certain discussion.

An FB page has been set up by her sisters in an effort to bring forth answers and the person(s) responsible for her death to justice.

Justice for Sandra Loepp

http://www.facebook.com/sandral117#!/JusticeForSandraLoepp

RIP Sandra .... I pray the truth is revealed and your justice is served :please:

Note: This FB page is to keep people informed and keep her story alive, not
a place to discuss any scenarios, please respect that this is a family page.
~

525056_214932301975716_1448524098_n.jpg

I can totally understand rumors get started. And I can totally understand erroneous media reports. But I'm not ready to call the person who hit her horrific or accuse THEM just yet. Let's put this in perspective. She was drinking correct? On a dark road correct? It is quite possible the driver didn't see her and panicked. Leaving her was a terrible terrible thing to do. I will not carry on the rumors anymore. But I'm also not buying this claim that her friends just didn't know why or when she left. Sorry. I'm not buying it. Some of this seems to me to be putting perfume on the pig.

If you won't call the "thing" that hit her and left her for dead horrific, please let me do that for you.

Whatever the circumstances, she was hit by someone driving down that road and left there. There is no excusing that. It's a crime and it's a really horrible thing to do to another human being.

Thanks for keeping us informed, Guinevere. I hope that garages/body shops in the area are on alert because someone has front-end damage to the vehicle that struck SL.

I just wish they would release some sort of vehicle description. This person could take their vehicle anywhere in the state for repairs. Too much time has passed without a release of this info and I fear someone may fix this damage unaware of this case :(

Its been a week I would think they should have something by now? Unless they actually do know and do not have a need to inform the public?

Since LE turned to the public for help in identifying her originally there are quite a few people that have become invested in this sad and tragic story. Many are left wondering ...... {sigh}

This poor woman should be at home baking Christmas cookies with her children ..... Hope justice comes soon :please:

~

I just wish they would release some sort of vehicle description. This person could take their vehicle anywhere in the state for repairs. Too much time has passed without a release of this info and I fear someone may fix this damage unaware of this case :(

Respectfully <snipped> I didn't realize that there hasn't been a vehicle description released; I thought that I must have missed it. In these parts, it would be easy for the driver to report that he/she had struck a deer, and no one would be the wiser.

Respectfully <snipped> I didn't realize that there hasn't been a vehicle description released; I thought that I must have missed it. In these parts, it would be easy for the driver to report that he/she had struck a deer, and no one would be the wiser.

But if they thought they hit a deer, I'm sure by now they would have the car at a shop being fixed and the (trying not to be graphic) remnants of what was hit would certainly not look deer-like. I wish we had a body shop person who could let us know if they are notified of hit & runs and look for them or if they have to just happen to read something in the news like us.

And yes, if they have some parts they should be able to at least give a make and possibly the color of vehicle.

BBM

Exactly!

I keep checking but nothing has been reported in MSM since she was identified on Dec 17th. I find that kind of odd :waitasec:

But if they thought they hit a deer, I'm sure by now they would have the car at a shop being fixed and the (trying not to be graphic) remnants of what was hit would certainly not look deer-like. I wish we had a body shop person who could let us know if they are notified of hit & runs and look for them or if they have to just happen to read something in the news like us.

And yes, if they have some parts they should be able to at least give a make and possibly the color of vehicle.

BBM1

MSM has reported that LE believes the culprit pulled over and dislodged her body from beneath the car. If that is the case then they certainly knew it was not a deer I would think.

BBM2

With the number of body shops and the various sizes I highly doubt LE could notify them all? Not to mention the backyard mechanics that do work on the side.

BBM3

Thats what I would think too. It can't take that long. You would think they would want to get that info out ASAP.....

~

I'm going to add that I want someone's conscience to start really bothering them to my prayers tonight. What happened to her was awful, I don't know how someone could live with themselves after doing such a thing.

There is going to be a Press Conference tomorrow organized by the family and Crime Stoppers.

Times and specific Media Outlets in attendance have yet to be verified.

I'll keep my eye on the local news. I sure hope this helps bring the family some answers and the person who ran this poor woman down to justice.

:please:

~

*Press conference is scheduled for noon today 12/28/2012.*

_________

Reward Announcement Expected Friday In Macomb Fatal Hit-And-Run
http://www.topix.com/county/macomb-mi/2012/12/reward-announcement-expected-friday-in-macomb-fatal-hit-and-run

WASHINGTON TWP. Crime Stoppers of Michigan is holding a press conference at noon Friday where they're expected to reveal a major reward for anyone who steps forward with tips about the hit and run that killed Sandra Lee Loepp.

CBS Local

Reward Offered For Tips In Macomb Fatal Hit-And-Run

December 27, 2012 10:06 PM

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/12/27/reward-announcement-expected-friday-in-macomb-fatal-hit-and-run/

"WASHINGTON TWP. (CBS Detroit) - A $1,000 reward is being offered by Crime Stoppers of Michigan for tips about the hit and run crash that killed Sandra Lee Loepp."

The Voice News

http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2012/12/27/news/doc50dd17b60a459760857007.txt

Channel 7 WXYZ -(Contains Video)

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/crime-...in-hit--run-that-killed-washington-twp-mother

~

Crime Stoppers offers $2,500 reward to find hit-and-run driver who killed Washington Township mother of 5

Family of Sandra Lee Loepp make tearful plea to find driver who hit, killed her on Dec 16th

Published On: Dec 28 2012 11:47:32 AM EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...of-5/-/1719418/17934670/-/agqxqr/-/index.html

"DETROIT -
Crime Stoppers held a press conference Friday to announce a $2,500 reward to help find the driver who is responsible for the hit-and-run death of a Washington Township mother of five.
Family of Sandra Lee Loepp made tearful pleas to find the driver who hit and killed the 37-year-old mother on Sunday Dec 16th.
Loepp was the youngest of seven siblings.
Police say if a helpful tip is received by mid-night Friday the reward will be $3,500."

~

WDIV news coming up at 4:00. Maybe there will be an updated report following the earlier presser. Hopefully, the increased publicity and the reward will bring tips that lead to an arrest.

Nothing new on any local news media outlets this morning. I posted the reward info on the "Breaking News" board here at Websleuths. Perhaps it will generate more discussion and input from those who might not be aware of the hit-and-run case.

From the Justice for Sandra Loepp FB page:

Justice for Sandra Loepp

"There are a lot of questions as to what type of vehicle we are looking for.

The detective has told us they are looking for a larger vehicle with a higher ground clearance, likely to have a lot of steel on the front end, She was struck and caught up underneath the vehicle. (truck, van, box truck, etc.) They do expect there to be some damage the the front end and possibly to the mechanics of the vehicle.

If you notice new damage to a vehicle or maybe someone suddenly not driving a vehicle that they previously were please report it!
I'm sure whoever did this is being effected by it and acting differently, if you suspect they could be involved please report it.

Please call crime stoppers anonymously at 1-800-Speak-Up"

~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea