GUILTY MI - Stoni Blair, 13, & Stephen Berry, 9, found in Detroit freezer, 2012 & 2013

So horrible.
Off-topic, but I've often thought that Ayla Reynolds and Lisa Irwin were easier to 'dispose' of because they were smaller -- if they were murdered, that is.
But these two children were older and harder to be made to 'disappear'. Hopefully there is an abundance of evidence preserved because of the manner in which they were placed.

Just sickeningly gruesome ; those other children/siblings will be scarred for life !
That person (do not feel like typing the word "mother") can claim that an accident happened where one of them choked on food or fell down the stairs, and she didn't know what to do.
But TWO of them ?? :(
Riiiight.

:moo:

What in the name of all that is Holy.

I just will never ever get the evil in this world.

"We lost two of our beautiful children down here in the Martin Luther King Apartments because we don't want to pay attention or be nosy," said Yvette Whitfield, 52. "So this is a message I have for other communities: Be nosy, pay attention. They're children."
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/2015/03/24/body-freezer-st-aubin-detroit/70380580/

"We lost two of our beautiful children down here in the Martin Luther King Apartments because we don't want to pay attention or be nosy," said Yvette Whitfield, 52. "So this is a message I have for other communities: Be nosy, pay attention. They're children."
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/2015/03/24/body-freezer-st-aubin-detroit/70380580/

Bringing forward your link for tapatalk users:

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From My Fox Detroit:

BBM - So neighbors and family members did notice the two children hadn't been around. The part I bolded explains what she told neighbors (kids were with aunt), but I wonder what she told the aunt when she asked where the kids were (maybe with neighbors?). Such a terrible story.

Just getting here... This one is creepy, folks. Has anything been said about the father of these children? I was thinking maybe a custody battle, perhaps. Just wondering around -- no wandering yet -- I'm still in the wondering phase.

:( I am so sick of parents disappearing their kids and pretending they are visiting relatives. How many times have you heard this same bull crap in the last two - three years? I can think of at least 6. And when the parents aren't pretending the kids are visiting relatives they pretend they are kidnapped but parents "forget" to report them missing.

Just so over it. These poor kiddos. And can you imagine how horrifying for the two remaining? To now know that their absent siblings were in the freezer the whole time? Horrible.

Ugh... Do you think they knew? Surely Mom (or whoever, if not Mom) would have hidden them in the bottom of the freezer. <shiver> What were the other siblings told? Yes, this is almost too much. How about the kids going, then not going, to school? I wonder how much the public will be told... My head is spinning on this one. Bizarre.

I haven't read anything about the biological father, yet. Curious!!

Ugh... Do you think they knew? Surely Mom (or whoever, if not Mom) would have hidden them in the bottom of the freezer. <shiver> What were the other siblings told? Yes, this is almost too much. How about the kids going, then not going, to school? I wonder how much the public will be told... My head is spinning on this one. Bizarre.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/source-body-found-in-freezer-inside-detroit-apartment/31983134
How did nobody notice two missing kids? Neighbors told Local 4 News that the children were homeschooled. But that had not always been the case.

Court officer on frozen bodies: 'I'm really sickened'

A grisly discovery was made today by a crew carrying out an eviction at an apartment in Detroit: the bodies of two children in a freezer.

Court officer Lee Gordon told the Free Press today that her crew made entry into the town home in the Martin Luther King Apartments off St. Aubin Street to clear the property. Just inside the door, she said, was a small deep freezer.

full article and video at link ................. http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/2015/03/24/body-freezer-st-aubin-detroit/70380580/

"Be nosy. Pay attention. They're children." Indeed. That quote was from a woman in that neighborhood -- she is a mother, too.

Oh, so simple but so dayam complicated. People in so many cases these days are afraid or too lazy or too busy to care or to get involved. And true, sometimes when someone does try or does speak out, there are plenty of others, it seems, to tell the speaker (or the one who acts) to butt out. Well, the woman who said this was outraged and she told us all. Plain & simple. Bless her, she is speaking for those two dead children, others who have preceded them, and the ones whoever and wherever they are who might be next.

quoted from the link above ( http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/2015/03/24/body-freezer-st-aubin-detroit/70380580/ )

"Be nosy. Pay attention. They're children." Indeed. That quote was from a woman in that neighborhood -- she is a mother, too.

I don't think it is reasonable to expect neighbors to act unless they have seen signs of violence/abuse.

Now family is another matter entirely. The kid are missing for a up to a year and apparently the father/s of the children didn't care or ask about them. No aunts/uncles/cousins or grandparents wondered why they haven't seen or talked to the kids in all that time?

Even more bizarre one of the siblings still in the home was 17! How could a 17 year old not know what happened to his/her 11 and 14 year old siblings?

Neighbors said the freezer had blood on the back of it when it was removed. If they lived in a huge house then maybe the kids wouldn't check the basement freezer but surely this home was not that big.

Have to wonder if they both ended up in the freezer at the same time, or if one "disappeared first" and then the other.

So much has happened since I posted this yesterday :( Those poor kids........ As far as the father is concerned I ran across this article that states.....

"In 1999, Blair filed a paternity suit in Wayne Circuit Court. The father was ordered to pay child support. She filed a second paternity suit against a different man in 2007, which also resulted in an order to pay child support"

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/03/24/body-freezer/70377026/

Off to peruse some Wayne County Court files .......

~

Detroit Mom Arrested Over Dead Kids Found in Freezer

A Detroit mother was taken into police custody Tuesday after the bodies of her two children were found in the freezer as officials tried to evict the family earlier in the day, authorities said.

NBC station WVOD reported that the mother had been arrested but did not name the suspect. The victims, 14 and 11, were not identified by authorities.

The bodies were found inside a plastic bag stuffed into a freezer at 10:45 a.m., police said. The grim discovery was made after a bailiff visited the property to conduct an eviction...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/detroit-police-find-bodies-two-children-freezer-n329586

:( I am so sick of parents disappearing their kids and pretending they are visiting relatives. How many times have you heard this same bull crap in the last two - three years? I can think of at least 6. And when the parents aren't pretending the kids are visiting relatives they pretend they are kidnapped but parents "forget" to report them missing.

Just so over it. These poor kiddos. And can you imagine how horrifying for the two remaining? To now know that their absent siblings were in the freezer the whole time? Horrible.

Yes ! These kids were older , too. How can their friends and parents of friends and neighbors not realize something was amiss? WS'ers are the only ones with hinky meters? What the heck ? And the older kids,,, did they know?

Sources: Mom confessed to killing kids found in freezer

George Hunter, The Detroit News 9:11 a.m. EDT March 25, 2015

Detroit — A 35-year-old woman confessed to killing her two children a year apart and burying them in a freezer after she discovered they had been molesting a young relative, two police sources familiar with the investigation said Wednesday.

The two surviving children, ages 11 and 17, knew their siblings were inside the freezer — one for nearly two years — two police sources told The News.

The woman, Mitchelle Blair, told detectives she killed her 11-year-old son two years ago, and her 14-year-old daughter in May 2014, after finding out about the sexual abuse, two sources said.

The Detroit News is not disclosing the identity of the relative who was allegedly molested in order to protect the victim’s identity...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/03/25/freezer-bodies/70420854/

Mom in custody after frozen bodies found in Detroit

By Gina Damron, Robert Allen and Elisha Anderson, Detroit Free Press 8:44 a.m. EDT March 25, 2015

As a crew carried out an eviction at a home in Detroit, they made a grisly discovery: the bodies of two children in a freezer.

Court officer Lee Gordon said her crew entered the home at the Martin Luther King Apartments on Tuesday to clear the property. Just inside the door, she said, was a small, deep freezer.

When they opened it, she saw a body, she said.

There were two bodies and, though autopsies have not yet been performed, police believe they are a boy and girl, ages 11 and 15. Their mother was taken into custody as a person of interest in the case, Detroit Police Chief James Craig said...

If the mother hadn't been evicted from the apartment, how long might these bodies remained hidden in the freezer? :waitasec: Would the remaining children have eventually come forward and told someone, or did they fear for their lives if they didn't keep quiet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back