MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
now they're tweeting LE not sure that JT even exists

Imagine that!

Thank goodness there are people already on the ground searching. Over 48 hours since reported missing.

Has anyone seen family talking yet? I'm surprised that mom has'nt update her cafemom in hopes of getting information out there. I take it back. I can't imagine how stressed and busy the last 48hrs have been for her.

Imagine that!

Thank goodness there are people already on the ground searching. Over 48 hours since reported missing.

Has anyone seen family talking yet? I'm surprised that mom has'nt update her cafemom in hopes of getting information out there. I take it back. I can't imagine how stressed and busy the last 48hrs have been for her.

Since she set her Cafemom page to private, any new "thought bubbles" (that's what they call her status's that she'll post) won't be visible. So, it's possible she is updating, but you'd have to be on her friends list to see the new update.

I can run a quick search on Cafemom (since I'm familiar with how that crazy site works) and see if she's posted any new threads but her status updates won't be visible because she set her page to private.

Since she set her Cafemom page to private, any new "thought bubbles" (that's what they call her status's that she'll post) won't be visible. So, it's possible she is updating, but you'd have to be on her friends list to see the new update.

I can run a quick search on Cafemom (since I'm familiar with how that crazy site works) and see if she's posted any new threads but her status updates won't be visible because she set her page to private.

I was hoping you could see more. Thank you.

I was hoping you could see more. Thank you.

I searched her posts (which would be any threads or replies she has made in the Cafemom forums) but couldn't find anything more recent than October of 2010 where she made a reply on someones post about camping, and in that reply mentioned that her and her husband of 10 years had separated.

Other than that, it doesn't appear she is very active on that site. However, a year or so ago, she appeared to be very active (posting in the "cleaning groups" numerous times per day).

I just checked all the detroit papers and news and theres just nothing out there new. Except for those tweets from fox toledo.
I hope we get/have someone local to tell us if there's alot of searching or what not going on.

No news and it looks like the JT and MT story may be fabricated. Cannot find anything on a JT or MT from southeast Michigan. Sort of felt like I was chasing ghosts all day trying to find them.

Hoping these 3 little boys are safe somewhere but it doesn't look very good unfortunately.

When did she set her profile to private? I am not familiar with cafemom. So setting the profile private only hides future statuses, not previous?

When did she set her profile to private? I am not familiar with cafemom. So setting the profile private only hides future statuses, not previous?

There are 3 privacy settings on Cafemom.. the first is you can set your profile so that anyone can see it, the second is you can set it to where only registered Cafemom users can see it, and the third is where you can set it to private to where only people on your friends list can see it. Tanya put hers on the third setting. I'm not sure when.

When you put it on that third setting, it will make all future statuses private, but unless you go in and set all your past statuses to private as well..it will leave those as visible.

One of the FoxToledo tweets said that ab out 50 searchers had focused "along Bean Creek focusing on Wakefield Park and the Riverside Natural Area"

From what I can tell on Google maps- there is a sizable creek running there- there is a park (couldn't get a name, though) with baseball fields etc, with the creek running along the eastern side of it. To the north, there is the 'riverside natural area' and then even further north is "Oak Grove Cemetery". IIRC, it was mentioned earlier that that the searchers may focus on a cemetery area later.
From the map, it looks like the search is focused along this creek.

:(

Snip:
We have not been able to locate a Joann Taylor or confirm that she even exists," Weeks told reporters Saturday evening.
Weeks said Tanya Skelton had "contact with someone alleging to be Joann," adding only that this communication was not necessarily by phone or in person.
According to the Amber Alert, Taylor may have been from Jackson or Hillsdale counties and may be driving a silver van. Still, Weeks reiterated that they have yet to confirm she is real and, if so, if she is with the boys.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/27/michigan.missing.children/

Since Tanya is saying she talked to Joann weeks prior, I wonder what the nature of those conversations were about, why they were in communication, etc. Also, how they communicated. If it wasn't over the phone, and it wasn't in person..that leaves the computer, which would be traceable....

Snip:
We have not been able to locate a Joann Taylor or confirm that she even exists," Weeks told reporters Saturday evening.
with someoWeeks said Tanya Skelton had "contact ne alleging to be Joann," adding only that this communication was not necessarily by phone or in person.
According to the Amber Alert, Taylor may have been from Jackson or Hillsdale counties and may be driving a silver van. Still, Weeks reiterated that they have yet to confirm she is real and, if so, if she is with the boys.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/27/michigan.missing.children/

I still find it implausible that we here have not found this couple. I think this was put out there to tell us that it was only a computer contact ie. email,facebook ect. which is easily contrived.imo

I want to know what condition they found father in. Because of the estrangment and past flee to FL, did he know the mom would call the police the minute he was late bringing the children home. Meaning would he know if he started the hanging process he might still squeak through on the living side.?

So I take it the kids were seen Thursday by people at maybe Thanksgiving dinner. I wonder if he and the kids stayed in or went out to a family/friend gathering.

3!! Little boys!! I pray they are found before the start of school Monday morning. They might have all three gone to the same school.

If this is in the wrong spot, just let me know.. This is the first thread i've ever started and i'm still trying to learn how to navigate around here.

UGHH what a horrible case. I hope they are OK but it's not looking good :(

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/27/michigan.missing.children/index.html?hpt=T2

But Michigan authorities do not know what has happened to his boys -- 5-year-old Tanner Skelton, 7-year-old Alexander William Skelton and 9-year-old Andrew Skelton -- prompting them to issue an Amber Alert on Friday.

Weeks said that the boy's father, John Skelton, told police that he dropped the boys off Friday morning with a woman he identified as Joann Taylor -- in part to ensure they didn't see him while and after he tried to commit suicide.

John Skelton told police that the woman, whom he allegedly met on the internet, was supposed to drop the boys off at their home in Morenci, a small town on the Ohio border about 40 miles west of Toledo, around 3 p.m. Friday.

Since Tanya is saying she talked to Joann weeks prior, I wonder what the nature of those conversations were about, why they were in communication, etc. Also, how they communicated. If it wasn't over the phone, and it wasn't in person..that leaves the computer, which would be traceable....

Unfortunately, I think it will end up being dad sending messages to the mom via text or e-mail, pretending to be someone named Joann. This is a horrible case. Domestic violence tends to increase over the holidays as do suicides but why can't people just leave their kids out of it? Horrendous.

The information so far makes it seems as this may be a sad ending to this story.

If they woman Joanne was in town, he should have exact location and as previous post stated phone numbers in cell phone (regardless of where she lived at)

If he was to try and kill himself, how and when was he found? By whom.. the person who found him was it by accident. What method did he use?

Why drop them off with anyone? Why just not return them to mom.

I hate to say it but I just get the "Susan Smith" feeling on this. I think he may have harmed the boys and then couldnt or wouldnt take his own life.

I think he may have been trying to mentally hurt the mother by not ever returning her children.

I am praying that these liltte boys are safe.

Yeah, I'm thinking dad is really JT and has been yanking mom's chain in that ruse. The internet has made some of this craziness so easy any more......

Like everyone else here, I hope that didn't happen, sherryk.

But could he have been concerned about their mom (her RSO) and not wanted the kids (alive) to be found, so he lied about the real names of a real couple who is spiriting them away thru a children's underground (a good one)? So he would then lie to LE, too.

I know, I am really reaching for a good outcome for these kids.

so dad decides its a good day to do himself in but as any good father, he does not want his children to see it happen or see the aftermath, but hey, hes just too busy to drive them home himself so maybe a babysitter from the internet is the way to go. WTH?

snipped from article linked above
"The alert notes that Tanner is 3 feet, 6 inches tall, has strawberry blond hair, has blue eyes and weighs about 40 pounds. Alexander is 3 feet, 9 inches tall, has brown hair and eyes, weighs about 45 pounds and has scars on his hairline and chin. The oldest brother, Andrew, is 4 feet, 1 inch tall, has brown hair and eyes and weighs roughly 57 pounds."

i pray these beautiful little boys come home safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennyboo