MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps she knows pleading for anything to her brother thru television is pointless since he was first in a mental hospital and now in jail and not likely to be watching TV.

I know any pleas I would make would be directly not thru the press.
MH's mother visited him in jail, and the next day he gave info via his attorney about where to find the 3 people and 1 dog that he killed (in OH).

Seems that the very least that JS' mother could do would be to hop a plane to OH to talk in person to her son. :cursing:

The description is still a little vague, what side of the family is this for? I would just hate to see funds go to the the defense of the person who killed the young boys.

I'm in the same camp. While I appreciate media sharing this info with us, I still only see the word "family". This includes JS. I hate to be nitpicking, but again, I would want to err on the side of safety here. JMO

This is making me think of back when that awful Peterson man (the one with the current "missing" wife) set up a huge webpage and fund for himself. No thanks. I'm not saying that is what is going on here, it just got my mind going and I remember checking out his page in utter disbelief.

JMHO.

Perhaps she knows pleading for anything to her brother thru television is pointless since he was first in a mental hospital and now in jail and not likely to be watching TV.

Ah, but she has already spoken to the press about her brother and not her nephews. Why talk to the press about the one and not the other?

jmo

Since the Mom gained full custody of the boys (too darn late IMO) I think it is safe to assume it is for her expenses whilst she tries to help LE recover her boys.

She will have a trained advocate near her as she tries to recall every place they visited or he mentioned, whilst trying to grasp the enormity of what this man has done. Recovering them quickly is the best she can hope for as we all put up our Christmas lights.

I have a heavy heart for all who loved these boys

Oh you can't assume anything when someone is asking for money. I've seen more deception than I have honesty when it comes to fundraising. I've seen the "wrong" side of the family use a victims name for greed one too many times.

I agree Cubby. If she thinks JT has them as her brother says then why isnt she pleading with JT to return them?

I wouldn't assume that the money is being used for any one thing, but I think there are a lot of things that the family on both sides are going to need. If the money is going to a legit cause that does not include a defense fund, then that's all fine and good.

However, the overly vague "any needs that might arise" is going to make a lot of people, myself included feel that they might just see a money making opportunity. I'd still wait until they can be a little more specific.

At a morning news conference Wednesday, Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said coordinated volunteer searches would stop after Friday evening. Area residents were encouraged to search their own properties.

Chief Weeks said authorities would continue to search public areas and follow tips.

Steve Meller, a Morenci volunteer firefighter, coordinated seven buses of volunteers on Wednesday to cover a search area that spanned 16 miles by 5 miles in both Williams and Fulton counties.

The search ran from southwest of Pioneer, Ohio west to Fulton County Road 19, running south of U.S. 20 to the Ohio Turnpike.

Mr. Meller said he had 12 area religious leaders and all Morenci churches on standby to counsel volunteers if needed.

"That is just in case they find something or something tragic happens," he said.

The first two buses arrived back in Morenci at 2:20 p.m.
http://toledoblade.com/article/20101201/NEWS16/101209983/0/COLUMNIST08

As trivial as it seems, I keep looking at the latest pictures of him and then comparing it to the photo they put out of him earlier in the sunglasses.

He looks as if he has aged A LOT! I mentioned before that he looks so gaunt - as if he was a meth user. He just doesn't look well.

Are there any drug related charges on him?

I wouldn't assume that the money is being used for any one thing, but I think there are a lot of things that the family on both sides are going to need. If the money is going to a legit cause that does not include a defense fund, then that's all fine and good.

However, the overly vague "any needs that might arise" is going to make a lot of people, myself included feel that they might just see a money making opportunity. I'd still wait until they can be a little more specific.

I was thinking along these lines when I mentioned this upthread shortly after the presser where the family fund was first reported. I've contacted a local TV station and hope that they will look into this and clarify it for viewers. No mention of it on the 4:00 news but Channel 4 also has news at 5:00, 6:00, and 11:00, so they might still report on the family bank account this evening.

I just got back after a few hours, and not caught up yet... but the unfortunate is mother of still missing Lindsay Baum .... Where are you Lindsay??? :banghead:

I'm sure some of the funds may be used to assist with the search.
I would also not assume funds are being collected to assist JS. I'm sure they meant the funds to assist the childrens mother. If you've followed other missing persons cases, you'll see it is often difficult for the parents to go back to work. I'm sure the boys mom will need assistance to for day to day life..... In many missing persons cases the persons are simply unable to go back to work. In some they have gone onto lose their homes. (I forget which case specifically, but a missing childs mother lost her home due to the inability to go back to work after her childs disappearance/murder.)

I'm also sure someone will be overseeing how the funds are used and that they are used appropriately.

jmo

Ah, but she has already spoken to the press about her brother and not her nephews. Why talk to the press about the one and not the other?

jmo

The media heavily edits their videos. The clips you see are not always everything the person said. I've seen first-hand how the press can spin a story. Not trying to defend his family or condemn them, but just trying to keep an open mind since we really don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

MH's mother visited him in jail, and the next day he gave info via his attorney about where to find the 3 people and 1 dog that he killed (in OH).

Seems that the very least that JS' mother could do would be to hop a plane to OH to talk in person to her son. :cursing:

Seriously! Adam Baker's mom came from Australia for 'support' & yeah that, MH's-Hollow Tree killer guy's mom went to jail to see him....maybe the JS family didn't get the memo to show up:waitasec:

You would think JS's family member(s) would show up in support of the BOYS if nothing else!!
shocking

Not calling for the execution of their family member for a crime he is not yet even charged with is not condoning anything nor does it in anyway imply that they are co-conspirators who need their phones taped.

They are family- family to the missing boys and the father- if you haven't ever been put in that situation don't condemn. Denial is real and one reason we see it is for self protection. Can you even imagine your son or daughter, your brother killing anyone let alone his own sons- it isn't a reality that many people want to confront willingly.

His family are victims just as the rest of the boys family is- they didn't ask for this they didn't cause it.

(don't mean to sound B#$%^ it is just this type of reaction has always bothered me and I have seen a parents pain and denial close up- it is heartbreaking, sometimes belief in their child is the only thing they have left to cling to.---- I just found out the sweetest neighbor you could ever want died last week- she was an advocate for the homeless and volunteered at the food bank even while fighting the battle with cancer that finally claimed her...so sorry if I'm a bit out of sorts- my pov on things is never an attack on anyone personally.)

I could not copy my original post where I claimed that I hoped that the family phones were tapped.. but I will reply to the above post condemming me for it

To have a phone tapped does not imply that "the family" is conspiring on anything, however it does mean that perhaps he will confide in them as to clues or information as to where the boys are. That would NOT be unreasonable to tap a phone. Perhaps I should say tap all of his phone access.

The articles and interviews with Mr. Skelton's sister she gives indication that he was pushed too far. I guess to most persons that would or may seem like she is making excuse for "whatever" he DID do to the boys.

His family certainly did not cause this however, if they knew of depression I would hope that as a loving family they would of tried to get him help. If they are in denial then their thoughts may be clouded as to reveal or not to reveal information they know or will know, therefore that is another VALID reason for tapping a phone.

What I am saying is that ANY family who stands behind someone when LE are saying the outcome doesnt look good and there are stories that have been confirmed to be not true (Joann Taylor) it would seem to me that the family of Mr. Skelton not be looked apon as they are if their statement would not of been biased leaning toward "no possible way he could of done anything" and that "he was pushed too far"

no one can logically say me those statements are not trying to make him the VICTEM. There are 3 little boys missing .. THEY should come first.. not the defense of their son/brother.

Pain and denial is one thing but their comments specific the sister just really gets to me on the "a person can only be pushed so far" and THAT IS what really bothers me.

My suggestion on a phone tap. I can assure you that LE is and will do whatever they can legally to get information and if it is legal to tap the phone of anyone that will be in contact with him than it IS the right thing to do. This goes for TS phone also. I mean anyone that would have possible information

Some people would like to see the person who harmed the boys be brought to justice.. and It seems that some would like to confort him and his loved ones... where is the comfort for those babies?

I am not hear to offend anyone in fact I am offended that my posts that are not hateful but are heartfelt and sincere in finding these little boys and putting the person who did this away. My opinion IS that the family of Mr. Skelton main concern is to protect him.. what about a plea for the boys to please be found, and a plea for their brother just to tell what he knows.

I am saddened and my eyes with tears. I had to pull over on the side of the road today just thinking about it. It is hard to drive while crying.

I stand by my post and opinion. If I bothered kalekona then I guess we have different points of views.

Please people do not let the sympathy card on this guy get to you. The family is not to blame however the family IS to blame IF they withold information even the least little thing that would look bad apon him past or present.

Getting justice is at times standing up for what is right rather than simply standing up for family.

You would think JS's family member(s) would show up in support of the BOYS if nothing else!!

This.

And that is why my mind has been wandering towards a couple of things:

1. Family knows more than what they are letting on.

2. Premeditation - if JS did take the boys to give them to someone to hide for him, that takes planning and coordination. If his mother and sister know about the plan, that would make sense why NONE of them seem worried about the boys. It KILLS me. I mean, I know my family would be all over the media begging the person/people who had my kids to come forward. And these people? Nothing except "we stand by JS."

On one of the earlier threads, a few Websluethers were tossing around the idea of JS having used the trucker network to move the boys across state lines. I just wonder if those boys are on their way to Florida to see grandma or some other relative/friend of JS. Makes me really hope the FBI is positioned on these people like ants at a picnic. ALL relatives of JS should be watched....

An anonymous donor has offered a $10,000 reward for the return and/or recovery of the three missing Skelton boys, according to Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks.

"The reward is nullified if the claimant is in any way involved in the disappearance of the children. The donor has acknowledged the dedication and hard work of the volunteers and public safety personnel and offers thoughts and prayers to the Skelton family," according to an e-mail announcing the reward.

Read more: Anonymous donor offers $10K reward for return of 3 missing boys | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201012...rd-for-return-of-3-missing-boys#ixzz16tuLd9SI

God Bless the anonymous donor! Thank you!

This.

And that is why my mind has been wandering towards a couple of things:

1. Family knows more than what they are letting on.

2. Premeditation - if JS did take the boys to give them to someone to hide for him, that takes planning and coordination. If his mother and sister know about the plan, that would make sense why NONE of them seem worried about the boys. It KILLS me. I mean, I know my family would be all over the media begging the person/people who had my kids to come forward. And these people? Nothing except "we stand by JS."

On one of the earlier threads, a few Websluethers were tossing around the idea of JS having used the trucker network to move the boys across state lines. I just wonder if those boys are on their way to Florida to see grandma or some other relative/friend of JS. Makes me really hope the FBI is positioned on these people like ants at a picnic. ALL relatives of JS should be watched....
right on the money with the ALL relatives of JS should be watched.
Thank you someone who agrees that this little innocent boys and any ploys, means, tatics, anything that is legal should be used to get to the bottom of this.

right on the money with the ALL relatives of JS should be watched.
Thank you someone who agrees that this little innocent boys and any ploys, means, tatics, anything that is legal should be used to get to the bottom of this.

Aren't jail phone calls recorded? I seem to remember when Joseph Smith was arrested for the Carlie Brusia murder, they recorded the calls where he spoke to his mom/brother and if I remember he had confessed to them where she was. Maybe in this case that will happen as well.

Spiteful people really get on my last nerve and it seems that is what this man is - spiteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtDiva