Found Deceased MI - Theresa Lockhart, 44, Portage, 18 May 2017

I find it really telling that Theresa's husband seems to think her "history" of anxiety and depression is the excuse for her disappearance and his not taking action. I'd guess most partners in that situation would be alarmed and more likely to report the absence right away if they really thought that was case - as opposed to shrugging it off.

I also find it significant that she apparently promised to attend her friends's daughter's confirmation and failed to show up or call. I'm Catholic. You do not miss a major milestone like that, and if you do, you let someone know. This just reinforces my belief that something terrible has happened to her.

JMO

[h=1]Husband of missing Portage woman: ‘It’s an attempt to embarrass me’[/h]

Much more at link: http://woodtv.com/2017/06/03/husband-of-missing-portage-woman-its-an-attempt-to-embarrass-me/

He sounds quite concerned for himself, less so for his missing wife. Where is the concern for his missing wife?

His language is also very controlling. Like others have said. He could be a domestic abuser.

I wish I could copy and paste from my phone but I can't. His other language which concerns me... "I gave them... I let them..."

It's all there in his language. Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Search continues for missing Michigan teacher, neighbors say husband threatened her[/h]
New video and audio tapes are released that could provide clues in the disappearance of a teacher from West Michigan. Theresa Lockhart has been missing since May 18th.
Police say she was last seen by her husband Christopher Lockhart. Police have named him a person of interest in the case. Neighbors say fights between the couple were so disturbing they began recording them.

In the first clip provided by a neighbor, gun shots can be heard. The recording was made on May 27th at 11:30 a.m. Portage police arrive to question Lockhart about the gunshots.
Portage Police: “Hey Chris can we talk to you?”

Portage Police: “We got a call around 11:30 this morning, neighbors saying they heard a couple of gunshots.”

Christopher Lockhart: “They didn't come from here (inaudible)”

Portage Police: “You heard it, too?”

Christopher Lockhart: “Yeah, I did hear it.”

Shortly after police asked Lockhart about those gunshots, investigators leave, and Lockhart does, as well.

Read more: http://www.fox47news.com/news/local...-teacher-neighbors-say-husband-threatened-her

[h=1]Search continues for missing Michigan teacher, neighbors say husband threatened her[/h]

Read more: http://www.fox47news.com/news/local...-teacher-neighbors-say-husband-threatened-her

I'm not sure why they haven't issued a search warrant if homicide is suspected. In Michigan the affidavit only requires (1) The person, place, or thing to be searched is described as and is located at:
2. The PROPERTY/PERSON to be searched for and seized, if found, is specifically described as:
3. The FACTS establishing probable cause or the grounds for search are:

Given the prior history of domestic violence and a recording of gunshots, I think they would have #3 right there.

Their dates must be off - I wonder what they meant instead of May 27th. That sounds like some rather damning recordings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the date was off too but another article said the shots were the weekend following her disappearance so I don't think it's related but definitely interesting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do we know of the children lived with therm or their bio mom?

They were talking about this case on HLN a little while ago. They showed some of the surveillance camera footage. At least this case is getting some national attention.

I thought the date was off too but another article said the shots were the weekend following her disappearance so I don't think it's related but definitely interesting.

Could it be possible he was or is holding her hostage in their home? I can't believe they don't have enough evidence to search the home...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The children are from his previous marriage -- they are adults now, living on their own. Daughter in Chicago, son in Ypsilanti, MI.

Maybe referring to 2016 - - as their neighbor(s) began making recordings of the arguments between Theresa and her husband last summer.

[h=1]Missing woman’s husband has 3 peeping convictions[/h]
PORTAGE, Mich. (WOOD) — The Portage man who police have named as a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife has multiple previous convictions for window peeping.
In the fall of 2001, police charged Christopher Lockhart with two misdemeanor counts of window peeping and one felony count of assault with a dangerous weapon.

One of the victims in the 2001 case, who asked not to be identified, told 24 Hour News 8 he was in bed late at night when he saw a shadow pass by his window. He went outside to confront a man, later identified as Christopher Lockhart. He said Lockhart, who was wearing only a swimsuit, pepper-sprayed him and ran away.

Lockhart eventually pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of using a dangerous weapon and one count of window peeping. The court sentenced him to 24 months of supervised probation and to complete treatment and 100 hours of community service. Lockhart served only 14 of the 24 months of probation — it was terminated early after he completed all of the terms and conditions successfully.

Read more: http://woodtv.com/2017/06/06/missing-womans-husband-has-3-peeping-convictions/

How does a guy with such a lengthy (predatory) record pass or maintain employment with such a highly regulated Pfizer company?

The home not being searched baffles me as it could be a hostage/endangerment situation with her hidden away on the premises. Especially considering the unsuccessful ground K9 searches. He doesn't want that house searched for a reason. What legal hurdle would be preventing a search of the home?

[h=1]Mother of missing teacher speaks: ‘He kept her away from me’[/h]
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Theresa Lockhart, the beloved Spanish teacher at Schoolcraft High School, has been missing since May 18. Portage police believe her husband Christopher was the last to see her on that day. However, her mother hasn’t seen her in four years.

“He kept her away from me,” said Loretta Huyge speaking in a tone of voice that was as faint as a whisper. “It was okay until then.”
Huyge suffered a stroke a few years back and has since had trouble speaking. She said Christopher has hit her daughter in the past and has no idea where she could be now.
http://fox17online.com/2017/06/06/mother-of-missing-teacher-speaks-he-kept-her-away-from-me/

http://woodtv.com/2017/06/07/police-outside-lockhart-home-in-portage/

Police at Portage home of missing teacher
24 Hour News 8 web staff
Published: June 7, 2017, 5:01 pm Updated: June 7, 2017, 6:21

The situation started around 4 p.m. A neighbor said Christopher Lockhart, Theresa Lockhart’s husband, was attempting to drive away the home, then saw police vehicles and tried to pull back into garage.

Christopher Lockhart was later outside, across the street from his house, speaking with police.

The street is blocked off by police tape, as is the Lockhart home. Multiple police vehicles, including at least one armored vehicle and a Michigan State Police mobile crime lab, could be seen outside the home. An image of the scene from a witness showed officers in tactical gear. That witness said there was also a K-9 unit there.

One officer on the scene told the witness said that authorities expected to be there for some time.

http://woodtv.com/2017/06/05/neighbors-say-man-threatened-to-kill-wife-now-missing/

Neighbors say man threatened to kill wife, now missing
Theresa Huyge Lockhart of Portage has been missing since May 18
Heather Walker and 24 Hour News 8 web staff
Published: June 5, 2017, 6:26 pm Updated: June 5, 2017, 11:18 pm

The Lockharts live in a suburban Portage neighborhood. Neighbors say that last summer, Christopher Lockhart started shouting and ranting at his wife. One neighbor who asked not to be identified said they started recording the rants because they were sick of the disturbance.

In one audio recording from about a year ago, a man who neighbors say is Christopher Lockhart can be heard shouting, “I’ll *advertiser censored**ing kill you.”

In the recording, the shouting man repeats obscenities. At one point, he mentions something about a wife. His is the only voice that can be heard.

That behavior, paired with the November 2016 domestic violence case against Christopher Lockhart in which his wife was listed as the victim, has neighbors worried.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back