MI MI - Zyia Turner, 17 mos, Detroit, 29 June 2012

The report was bleeping words like crazy, but I caught the bit about her being wrapped in a white towel/blanket. I also believe he said she was naked, but I didn't hear it because of the bleeping....just the content. JMO

When a child is missing you search every inch of every space....and move mountains.....just not a few clothes. imo The closet prolly doesn't have a door to be closed. What deploriable conditions for any child to be raised in.

Agree. Yes there was the bleeping too. Seems hinky to me.

The paternal family is desperate to label this as a terrible accident. That is understandable. But I am not convinced that Ziya died of suffocation in that closet.
that closet, from pictures I've seen, was crammed with all kinds of junk. So how did that little doll-faced tyke squeeze into that closet, then close the door behind her and then burrow down into all the stuff which was stuffed into that small space.
IMO

The paternal family is desperate to label this as a terrible accident. That is understandable. But I am not convinced that Ziya died of suffocation in that closet.
that closet, from pictures I've seen, was crammed with all kinds of junk. So how did that little doll-faced tyke squeeze into that closet, then close the door behind her and then burrow down into all the stuff which was stuffed into that small space.
IMO

My thoughts exactly. Also, how would you not hear 20 lbs of stuff falling on a baby? I'm not buying it.

A cadaver dog led officers to the little girl’s body....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/01/missing-detroit-baby-found-dead-in-family-home/?test=latestnews

.... she was discovered dead underneath a pile of clothes, some type of metal box, and other items ....

-------------------

Elan said she found out about her granddaughter’s death from her sister in Chicago who learned the details on wxyz.com.

------------------

Elan believes it was a tragic accident and that somehow Ziya walked into the closet and clothes toppled over her.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...f-clothes-in-Grandmothers-house#ixzz1zOUsR1Be

I wonder what the 'other items' are. Toys, maybe. But there's no way you don't hear a metal box clinging as it falls. And if the other items are toys, or even just something else plastic/hard, they would have been heard hitting the metal box as well.

The naked part...eh. Kids undress themselves sometimes, so she could have done that to herself. But if she was truly wrapped in a blanket, like some have mentioned the father saying, then she must have been hidden in there. I guess it depends on her position in the blanket, though; if she was carrying a blanket around with her and got into the closet, she could have laid down with it - but, that's not 'wrapped.'

I don't know how I feel - accident or not. I think we need more details to be able to say.

IMO

Grandma was in cover-up mode from the get-go, protecting her son, the uncle, who might be the perp. Note that he took advantage of a day when Ziya's mother would not be around due to an outpatient procedure for which she probably had some type of anesthesia. Perhaps Ziya was to stay at the grandmother's for more than a day while her mother recuperated.

The visitation for the child is scheduled for Sunday with the funeral service on Monday. I expect that LE will have a presence at the funeral home and the church so that they can watch and listen. They're probably waiting for toxicology reports before moving forward with an arrest. :moo:

OT: We are expecting 100* today in the "D". We are under an "excessive heat advisory" due to high temps and high humidity. I won't venture too far and will spend most of the day indoors with the a/c on and staying hydrated.

I wonder what the 'other items' are. Toys, maybe. But there's no way you don't hear a metal box clinging as it falls. And if the other items are toys, or even just something else plastic/hard, they would have been heard hitting the metal box as well.

The naked part...eh. Kids undress themselves sometimes, so she could have done that to herself. But if she was truly wrapped in a blanket, like some have mentioned the father saying, then she must have been hidden in there. I guess it depends on her position in the blanket, though; if she was carrying a blanket around with her and got into the closet, she could have laid down with it - but, that's not 'wrapped.'

I don't know how I feel - accident or not. I think we need more details to be able to say.

The naked part... I don't even want to go there or think what it might mean :eek:, but I suppose that little Ziya might have become too hot and removed her own clothing. At that age, she was probably still in diapers, so there's probably evidence of a bladder or bowel "accident" in the closet or elsewhere in the home. I certainly hope that this was not a case of Ziya being disciplined due to a toilet accident like little Bianca Jones whose father is awaiting trial for the 2-year-old's murder.

If not a homicide, at the very least this is certainly a case of child neglect and/or child endangerment. Of course, this would likely lead to a lot of finger-pointing about who was really supposed to be watching Ziya during her mother's surgical procedure.

OT: The "extreme heat advisory" is now a "warning". Temps are already in the low 90s and expect to soar throughout the afternoon.

Visitation to be held Sunday for 1-year-old Zyia Turner

Child was found dead in a closet of her family's home

Published On: Jul 08 2012 04:36:26 AM EDT

DETROIT -
Services will be held this week for one-year-old Zyia Turner who was found dead in her family's home on June 30.

Visitation for Ziya will be held between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Sunday at the Trinity Chapel Funeral Home at 20226 W. McNichols Road in Detroit.

A funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Christ Resurrection Missionary Baptist Church at 12264 Rosa Parks Blvd. in Detroit. A family hour will be held before the funeral...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rner/-/1719418/15440744/-/mwimf1/-/index.html

Ziya's funeral was scheduled for 10:30 this morning. There was just a brief report about the case on the noon news (WDIV) that the investigation is on hold while LE awaits toxicology results. No updates on the website yet, but maybe there will be something later today. www.clickondetroit.com

I wouldnt be too concerned about the nakedness. I have three young ones and one of them is naked at any given time, especially in the summer. Some kids just refuse to stay dressed.

The naked part... I don't even want to go there or think what it might mean :eek:, but I suppose that little Ziya might have become too hot and removed her own clothing. At that age, she was probably still in diapers, so there's probably evidence of a bladder or bowel "accident" in the closet or elsewhere in the home. I certainly hope that this was not a case of Ziya being disciplined due to a toilet accident like little Bianca Jones whose father is awaiting trial for the 2-year-old's murder.

If not a homicide, at the very least this is certainly a case of child neglect and/or child endangerment. Of course, this would likely lead to a lot of finger-pointing about who was really supposed to be watching Ziya during her mother's surgical procedure.

OT: The "extreme heat advisory" is now a "warning". Temps are already in the low 90s and expect to soar throughout the afternoon.

I certainly agree with the child neglect/endangerment. If the uncle (uncle?) indeed went into his room while he was supposed to be watching the children, he shares in the blame - shares because who knows if another child put her in there or what - but he does have to take some responsibility for this.

I hope that Ziya's mother will soon learn exactly what happened to her daughter while she was at her grandmother's house and how she died. Was it a case of neglect, a tragic accident, or did someone intentionally murder the little girl?

I still don't understand why the ME has not told her mother how she died-the ME has to have some clue!Thanks for keeping this case alive Bette

I still don't understand why the ME has not told her mother how she died-the ME has to have some clue!Thanks for keeping this case alive Bette

LE is awaiting toxicology reports from the autopsy.

I completely agree about Carnel and this baby.....just not sure what we as a society are guilty of. I would take all of these kids if I could.....maybe as a society we should fight for stricter laws? Carnel should have never been returned to his mother. At the least, he and mom should have been checked up on. This little girl....I don't know what would have prevented the danger she was put in. It's just all so sad....:tears:

Stricter laws are not going to solve anything. There are no laws to prevent irresponsible people from having kids. There are laws in place to punish people who cause harm to children, but who is going to police the parent who puts their child in the hands of someone who allows something like this to happen, or even does do harm to a child? There are not enough CPS workers or LEO's in the country to stand by and advise a single mom who to associate with or allow into her home. It's up to a PARENT to make sure their child is being taken care of, it's not up to CPS or LE or some judge.
I am in no way blaming the mother, I don't know the facts. I am just saying that we cannot depend on laws to protect our kids, we have to do it!

They are waiting for toxicology results for a one year old? Do they suspect she was poisoned or OD'ed or something?

I still havent seen a COD in Ziya's case. I hope we hear something soon,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back