MI MI - Zyia Turner, 17 mos, Detroit, 29 June 2012

So look what's in the Detroit News today....apparently photo taken in 2009...picture with article.

The Internet is abuzz over an image of a bare-chested man pointing a gun from the porch of an east-side home as part of its popular Street View mapping project.

The photos were taken at the same Brinker Street home where a 1-year-old girl's dead body was discovered in a closet in June shortly after relatives reported her missing, according to public records.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120921/METRO01/209210375#ixzz276v1D5i8

Trying to find info on this case. Google just brought up old news we already know. Anyone?

Any locals hear anything new on little Ziya? I googled and found nothing new. No COD yet? I am just not sure about this, my hinky meter is moving....poor baby girl :(

All i am finding is old news. Still :waitasec: :what:

There hasn' been any local news about Ziya Turner in a very long time. Same with Mariha Smith, another Detroit child whose missing body was found burned in an abandoned house. Both little girls had funerals and were laid to rest giving their families at least some closure despite the fact that no arrests have been made or charges filed in either case.

That said, 2-year-old Bianca Jones' body has never been located but her father, D'Andre Lane was charged with homicide and child abuse, convicted on the charges, and will be sentenced this morning. Thankfully, there will be justice for at least one of these precious little ones.

I wish we heard something on this case. It's been so long.

Wow, almost two years since my last posting on Ziya. Sad fate for a sweet looking child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back