Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
close_enough said:
don't you just know it must have been EXTREMELY hard for Michelle's family to hand Cassidy over to JY that day.....:(

you're right...her age is on her side, thank goodness....

I've really only been reading on this thread, but I do want to say that I hope Cassidy ends up with Michelle's family, either Meredith or her parents when (IF) JY is found to have committed this horrendous crime.

packerdog said:
What a smart cookie you are. My garages are the same, we need a ladder to unhook the chain thing. If I am sleeping I can hear the garage door open and closed. Do they have a double garage door and also a single?

So Taximom, you think he unhooked the chain BEFORE leaving the house at 10:30 and then manually opened the door to park his car in the garage when he returned to kill her? But then wouldn't the ladder have to have been moved to the side to make room for the car? So then he kills her, pulls the car out of the garage, pulls the ladder back to the center of the room to hit the switch to make it automatic again. Closes the garage and drives off leaving the ladder in the center of the room??

This may very well be the reason the ladder was set up in the garage, but I am perplexed as to why JY would go to all of that trouble. If he was planning ahead and didn't want the car seen and didn't want to risk waking Michelle and Cassidy with the garage door opening, why not park some distance away and walk in? If I was planning to kill someone I know I would not want my car to be seen driving to orfrom or parked at that person's house. Too risky!

close_enough said:
why on earth would they pull those tapes...the funeral was just a 10-15 second scene of JY & his entourage (sp?)...the other of Michelle's mama is like SO many others we've seen where mothers are 'calling out for help'....that makes no sense to pull those :waitasec:
Most likely threatened- or they simply archived them. I would say threatened first because having read JTF and even engaging in conversation with such person - IMO it made me feel I was speaking to someone who felt a great sense of entitlement and... definitely subject to hystrionic pity parties. Not making light of the obvious pain , but the me me thing actually pizzed me off to no end. JMO of course.

Cypros said:
So Taximom, you think he unhooked the chain BEFORE leaving the house at 10:30 and then manually opened the door to park his car in the garage when he returned to kill her? But then wouldn't the ladder have to have been moved to the side to make room for the car? So then he kills her, pulls the car out of the garage, pulls the ladder back to the center of the room to hit the switch to make it automatic again. Closes the garage and drives off leaving the ladder in the center of the room??

This may very well be the reason the ladder was set up in the garage, but I am perplexed as to why JY would go to all of that trouble. If he was planning ahead and didn't want the car seen and didn't want to risk waking Michelle and Cassidy with the garage door opening, why not park some distance away and walk in? If I was planning to kill someone I know I would not want my car to be seen driving to orfrom or parked at that person's house. Too risky!

that's the way i see it also, Cypros....on Greta's show, Jim Hammer made the point of how dark it is in that neighborhood...no street lights...if someone was smart they'd park elsewhere & walk up to the house, from the back.....i've never thought a WHOLE lot about the garage door...seems to me, either way, opening/closing the door would make noise...i've never seen a garage door that doesn't make a sound when opening or closing....(even fine expensive houses with fine expensive garage doors....)
....the ladder & all just seems like too much trouble; too much time to take....

raisincharlie said:
Most likely threatened- or they simply archived them. I would say threatened first because having read JTF and even engaging in conversation with such person - IMO it made me feel I was speaking to someone who felt a great sense of entitlement and... definitely subject to hystrionic pity parties. Not making light of the obvious pain , but the me me thing actually pizzed me off to no end. JMO of course.

hmmmm, maybe so.......

i still feel that JTF is someone VERY close to JY..a sibling/family member..not just some friend from school....that may be the 'entitlement' part of it...IF he's charged & convicted, it seems to always make the family 'look bad'.....NOT that i'm saying that's the case, but i would imagine it's a huge embarrassment for close family members when such things happen....

i can understand the pain that his family is feeling right now, but IMO, Michelle is dead & THAT pain is much worse....if JY had nothing to do with this, he shouldn't be TOO worried about himself at this time...he should be screaming at the top of his lungs for LE to find the person that murdered his wife & unborn child.....

Thinking of your own neighborhood, what would appear to be more suspicious to you, seeing your neighbor's vehicle in their drive or even garage or seeing it parked some distance away from their home ?

I'm thinking if the garage door has any bearing on this at all - then if it was JY- he would have just left the car in the drive after midnight. Neighbors likely asleep and if someone saw it, they would think nothing of it as it belonged there. This alone creates confusion because it is normal. One neighbor tells another JY was in VA while this happened and then the one who saw it thinks well maybe it was the night before because he was in VA when this happened...

The door may have been opened only enough for a person to roll under it to gain entry. Opening it only a little would have less chance of making noise, IMO.

Cypros said:

Anything is possible! Personally I think his car would stick out like a sore thumb if it were parked some distance away in that area. Seems like a pretty tight neighborhood to me. He certainly could have done that though.

I wouldn't think he'd leave the ladder in the middle of the garage after leaving. I mostly think things were being moved around in the garage so that a forensic team could do their work.

Good morning, all.

Cypros said:

Is it clear the ladder i saw in the picture from a tv show (don't remember if it was NG or GVS's) belonged to the Youngs and not to L.E? :waitasec:

close_enough said:
that's the way i see it also, Cypros....on Greta's show, Jim Hammer made the point of how dark it is in that neighborhood...no street lights...if someone was smart they'd park elsewhere & walk up to the house, from the back.....i've never thought a WHOLE lot about the garage door...seems to me, either way, opening/closing the door would make noise...i've never seen a garage door that doesn't make a sound when opening or closing....(even fine expensive houses with fine expensive garage doors....)
....the ladder & all just seems like too much trouble; too much time to take....
Our garage door is very clanky (and it's new!), especially when it starts and stops. When I have had it on manual, you can barely hear it when I open/close it. That's all I'm saying.:twocents:

Anyway, he could just as easily have used a key in any of the doors.

I don't see anything wrong with discussing all the possibilities here. It's been done with other pieces of this crime and sometimes it opens doors.

:crazy: Ha! Pardon the pun.

close_enough said:
'insiders' will most likely claim it a fake.....

Just as "the insiders" are fake ...

IMOO, of course:

Posts I read seemed far too orchestrated, too web-strewn, far too defensive, far too JY's wonderful innocent and the insidious undertones and subtle finger-pointing in Meredith's direction (only one who had a key; Meredith was wrong - it was a print out; Meredith knew the house well; Meredith knew JY was away ... bla bla bla... and the: if you ever had to walk a mile in that man's shoes .... :banghead: :banghead: )

Lord ABOVE!!! JY is not Mandela - who is ONE man that I'd gladly walk an inch in his shoes and be overcome with passion, belief and admiration. NOT Jason Young's trainers...

Taximom said:
Our garage door is very clanky (and it's new!), especially when it starts and stops. When I have had it on manual, you can barely hear it when I open/close it. That's all I'm saying.:twocents:

I don't see anything wrong with discussing all the possibilities here. It's been done with other pieces of this crime and sometimes it opens doors.

Good thoughts, broad perspective and indeed a GREAT pun, funny gal, you .... :D :D

LOL

:blowkiss:

We are approaching 1,000 comments in Pt. 3! Shoot, I thought this would be solved before we ever needed a Pt. 4.

Guess this isn't a 1-hour CSI special, eh?:cool:

Taximom said:

Of course, Taximom. I wasn't knocking your theory or efforts. I was just giving my :twocents: :) I love hearing all the ideas that people come up with working with the information we have available!

I suspect that LE knew very quickly how and where the perp entered the home.
Seems Sheriff Harrison is well aware of the information which can be obtained from dogs.

http://rtpnet.org/~wcso/sheriff.html

He has added quite a staff of them since becoming Sheriff. I'll wager they were used in this case...

raisincharlie said:
Thinking of your own neighborhood, what would appear to be more suspicious to you, seeing your neighbor's vehicle in their drive or even garage or seeing it parked some distance away from their home ?
I'm thinking if the garage door has any bearing on this at all - then if it was JY- he would have just left the car in the drive after midnight. Neighbors likely asleep and if someone saw it, they would think nothing of it as it belonged there. This alone creates confusion because it is normal. One neighbor tells another JY was in VA while this happened and then the one who saw it thinks well maybe it was the night before because he was in VA when this happened...

The door may have been opened only enough for a person to roll under it to gain entry. Opening it only a little would have less chance of making noise, IMO.

good points made RC.....myself, i think IF he didn't just pull right up in the driveway, he could have parked on the tiny road on back behind the house near the trailer homes (yeah, i know...i'm back on that now, lol).....no one IN their neighborhood would see the car there, imo.....

& yes, if the garage door was slightly opened, then he could simply have gotten underneath the door & got in that way....i just don't think there was any opening & shutting of that door......

Taximom said:
We are approaching 1,000 comments in Pt. 3! Shoot, I thought this would be solved before we ever needed a Pt. 4.

Guess this isn't a 1-hour CSI special, eh?:cool:

I'll nudge it along to 1,000 just by saying i really am intrigued by this case and also to add i'm still very much on the fence. i'm thirsty for more information. just a drop would do. :(

Cypros said:
Of course, Taximom. I wasn't knocking your theory or efforts. I was just giving my :twocents: :) I love hearing all the ideas that people come up with working with the information we have available!
We're cool! :blowkiss:

So far this thread has been one of the most respectful and intelligent threads I've been in involved with. It's good to bandy about ideas as we all have different experiences to base our thoughts and opinions on. (oops, lousy prepositions)

Taximom said:

no please don't take what i posted the wrong way TM:)
...it's just that the garage door has never been a point of interest for ME, but i have no problem w/discussing all possibilities....i personally think he may have simply gone in w/his key though a back door maybe, off the deck????...either way, i feel sure that LE inspected the garage door along with any other points of entry to the home....at one point i even thought that he might have unlocked a window before he left that night & gotten in that way, but then again, that seems like a bit of trouble also...in my mind anyway....

close_enough said:
good points made RC.....myself, i think IF he didn't just pull right up in the driveway, he could have parked on the tiny road on back behind the house near the trailer homes (yeah, i know...i'm back on that now, lol).....no one IN their neighborhood would see the car there, imo.....

& yes, if the garage door was slightly opened, then he could simply have gotten underneath the door & got in that way....i just don't think there was any opening & shutting of that door......
I think that if he had parked by the trailer park, his car would have seriously stood out. Usually parking is so limited in trailer parks, and everyone is allotted their section or drive. Where's the overhead view of that trailer park, anyone? Maybe I'm thinking a different kind of set-up.

Was that a rec center behind their home as well? That seems like something that would be well-lit at night so I don't know if he'd take a chance and park there. There also might be cameras for security.

I wish we could figure this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member